Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C6

 

Volume 1, Chapter 6: Computers Catch Colds Nowadays

 

Don't call

  Call

 

 

"I apologize. I mistook you for another person."

 

The dignified and beautiful student council president said as she walked in.

Even the way she moved was elegant and eye-catching. Her glistening, straight black hair fell almost all the way down to her waist.

Because I recently started taking care of my own hair as well, I knew it must have been difficult to maintain that.

 

"...Have you seen Tendou-kun?"

 

After looking around the classroom and finding out I was the only one here, Senpai asked me this question as she brushed her slightly disheveled hair over her ears.

 

"I've been here for an hour now and I haven't seen him."

"...I see."

 

When she heard my reply, a flash of disappointment crossed Senpai's face. While still wearing the same look, she took out her phone, but after a quick glance, she immediately put it away.

Or rather...it wasn't your traditional smartphone, but a flip phone. That was rare nowadays.

 

"I guess it can't be helped, then. Thank you, I'll take my leave...hmm?"

 

When Senpai took her eyes off her phone and turned to me, her eyes locked onto something.

Senpai then came up to me and asked to take a look at my homework for a bit.

 

"...Did you do these calculations yourself?"

"Y-yes, it's mine...is it wrong?"

 

Did I make a mistake somewhere? I personally didn't think so, but if Senpai, someone who always stayed on top of her grade during exams, said so, then I guess I did.

 

"Rather than wrong... Did you say you've been here for an hour?"

"That's right."

"Which would mean you started working on this an hour ago?"

"Well, that should be the case."

 

Senpai then started thinking about something while she kept her gaze on the answer sheet.

Even the way she placed her hand under her chin and pondered, I couldn't find any other word aside from beautiful. Was there ever such clumsy moment for this person?

 

"What's your name?"

"It's Jimichi Ikuto..."

"I see. Jimichi-kun, do you have time after this?"

"After? Well, I don't necessarily have anything scheduled..."

 

I would never forget the smile on Senpai's face the moment I said that.

This beautiful senpai showed me such a childishly, cute smile. I was so taken aback by her smile that I couldn't resist her request and followed along.


――――

――

 

"―― So then, Jimichi-kun. Pleased to be working with you, then."

 

I followed Yukinaga-senpai and arrived at the student council office.

Along the way, she asked me a few questions, and it seemed that she wanted to ask me for help with some student council work. She originally had Tendou to help her with that, but he didn't show up.

To break a promise with such a pretty senpai...I couldn't understand such a thing, Tendou-kun.

While I was preoccupied with such thoughts, Senpai gave me a stack of papers that was at least 5 centimeters thick.

 

"Um...Yukinaga-senpai. Is this all of them?"

"Yes, that's all of it. I'm sorry, others have already had their hands full with other tasks."

 

By others, I was guessing she meant other student council members. There were some of them in the adjacent room and they were working on something.

In this slightly smaller room, it was just me and Senpai. I wonder if it was because she wanted to hide the fact that she brought an outsider, but her voice was quiet.

 

"Um...where's the computer?"

"There, that's the only one we're not using right now, but it's broken."

 

Senpai's gaze fell on an old laptop. All other non-broken computers were apparently in use.

 

"When I open the program for calculations, I get a bunch of errors filling up the screen."

"...I think you got a virus."

"A virus...? Um, is it something like a cold?"

"Haha. Yes, you might need medicine for that."

"About computer medicine, where can I find something like that?"

 

You obviously couldn’t find such a thing even at Earth Road Pharmaceuticals. At first, I thought she was just joking, but Senpai's eyes didn't look like they were.

 

"So computers get sick these days..."

"Um...are you okay?"

"Me? Are you asking if the virus might have affected me?"

"Ah, no...um..."

 

It seemed that Senpai really thought that the computer was sick. Did someone like that still exist in this day and age? I couldn't help but think if my old man was in the same situation.

 

No, but Senpai was a high school girl in the middle of all this social media craze, right?!

 

But now that I thought about it, Senpai did use a flip phone. I didn't know whether she just wasn't interested or she was really not that familiar with it.

 

"Jimichi-kun, can you cure it?"

"Might be difficult... (Now I know how my old man felt...)"

"I-is that so...what should we do..."

"This computer is a bit old. I think it would be better to replace it, instead?"

 

Replacing the unit shouldn't be too much of a problem. The school wouldn't probably deny a necessary expense.

However, Senpai's expression wasn't too good. Was this a computer with some emotional attachment? Or did it contain a lot of important data?

 

"A replacement...is it..."

"If it's about the data, you can just extract it? Just make sure that you properly check for the virus afterwards."

"It's not that, I just need to cite a reason to have it replaced..."

 

Well, a reason was indeed necessary, but why not be honest and just say that it had been infected by a virus, or that it was already out of date?

If other computers were working fine, the virus should have been contained on this computer alone. Otherwise, it would have caused a commotion.

 

"It must have been because I did something weird and had gotten it infected, right?"

"If this was Senpai's computer, then probably..."

"Uu...I knew it was because of that website..."

 

What was with this extremely cute creature. Senpai, who was always ever so composed, was curling up and trembling like a kid who had done something wrong.

From what she said, it seemed that she got it infected while browsing the internet.

And if they were to replace it, she would have to mention what website she was looking at, which might be embarrassing for her.

 

"...Senpai. Just say that it's getting slow and dusty then, isn't that fine?"

"D-dusty? I do try to wash my hands before I work, though..."

 

What did she mean? I thought about it, but then I saw Senpai gesturing with her hands and it occurred to me.

This person, did she mistakenly think that the computer being slow was caused by the dust from her hands?

When I explained that it wasn't literal and was something about the computer instead, Senpai's face blushed and she huffed at me. Huh, so she could also make this kind of expression.

 

"T-then, I'll use that as the reason. You'll help me with the data transfer, right?"

"If you're fine with choosing me."

 

The virus was hidden and the computer was replaced. There was no internet at school, which means it must have gotten infected when she brought it home, so it should be fine to hide it.

And there particularly wasn't any student data in it at all. If all that was left was data that couldn't be deciphered by a third-party, then there should be no problem.

 

"By the way Senpai, what website were you looking at?"

"Kuma-chan's World Exhibit...ah."

"Pfft..."

"D-don't laugh."

 

What with this senpai, she was too cute.






Comments

  1. Funfact:
    Tendou literally heaven's path
    Jimichi literally earth's (more lean to ground/dirt) path

    ReplyDelete
  2. So old school-ish lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute existence. I love this kind of endangered species.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How the heck is that Tendou guy so lucky to even got trust from StuCo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand he is a gal game protag and got to know her just by virtue of plot convenience, but since he didn't do anything beyond the obligatory meeting he is stuck at Rank 1 with most of the targets.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took until this chapter to realize that the choices at the beginning are the choices that Tendou is making throughout the 'game' that's leading to the bad end, not the choices that the MC is making, and that's why some of them don't make sense to the current chapter lol. I'm so dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resetting would solve anything, are there no computer person in school council there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14