Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C8

 

Volume 1, Chapter 8: Enthusiastic Mother and Excited Sister

 

Go to the student council room

  Apologize to Reika

  Proceed with club activities

 

 

"The president is right here."

 

I was guided by Koudzuki-san to a reception room, not the president's office.

I had been to the research building many times, but this was the first time I had set foot on a floor where only board members were present.

 

"Fuu..."

"Are you feeling nervous?"

"Rather than nervous, I was just preparing myself."

"I see. Then, are you ready?"

 

I nodded at Koudzuki-san's words and pushed open the door. I slowly stepped into the room ―― and at that moment.

 

"Ikutooooo!!!"

"Guh?!"

 

Someone crashed into me screeching my name. What else could I say, there could only be one person I knew who would do something like this.

My mother was the type who would often run into her son as recklessly. It was shocking for me when I learned that normal mothers didn't typically rush towards their kids like this.

 

"Mom, you're still as strong as ever."

"Well! Well, well! Well, well, well...wait, who?"

 

This woman who was staring at my face while hugging me was my mother, Jimichi Senri.

My mother, the president of Earth Road Pharmaceuticals, was supposed to be swamped with work, yet she looked so youthful and not the least bit tired at all.

I once heard from Koudzuki-san that many young men still approached her even though she was already 40 years old.

 

"Have you forgotten what your son looked like?"

"I'm just kidding~. I knew right away it was Ikuto because I could smell you!"

"Are you a dog?"

"Sniff sniff... This faint smell of Ikuto behind the perfume...there's no mistaking this!"

"Like I said, are you a dog?"

 

She took a deep breath as she inched her nose closer to my neck. I got worried because this wasn't exactly something you'd do with other men.

But did I really have such a distinctive smell? Rather, wasn't it difficult for even dogs to sniff odors masked by a perfume?

 

"You cut your hair by a lot~."

"Well. I guess I've changed a bit."

"Hmm~, I wouldn’t be so sure about that? You already looked handsome even when you had long hair, though? Just like Naoto-san."

"That's just your preference."

 

It wasn't enough to just have a pretty face. The overall appeal of the hair, eyebrows, skin condition, hair treatment, and many more was what made a person good-looking.

You might argue that the figure itself was pretty good, but it wasn't the same as being attractive. There were many different types of beauty, but what I personally thought was that being handsome was something you make an effort about.

Still, if the face itself wasn't okay to begin with, then it was no good... This was all thanks to my mother and father.

Ah, by the way, my father's name was Jimichi Naoto. Not that here was a need to remember it. (No no, remember it.)

 

"Hey, Akane? He was always good-looking, wasn't he?"

"Yes, I think so, too. But I think the current Ikuto-san is better than the Ikuto-san who, until recently, was indifferent to himself.”

"What's with that textbook-like answer? You're too stiff, Akane."

"...I prefer the current, handsome Ikuto-san."

"Oh, what's this? A confession? Do you want to call me mother-in-law?"

"...I didn't mean it that way."

 

The relationship between my mother and Koudzuki-san was something like this. Koudzuki-san was the one who calmly restrained mother, who always joked around and went out of control.

Mother described Koudzuki-san to me as somewhat like a younger friend of hers, but looking at this exchange, I thought the younger person in the relationship was mother instead.

 

"But Ikuto, why all of a sudden? Did you get a girlfriend?"

"Not yet, although I was planning to."

"Oh, my! Well, well, well! Are you finally ready for that?!"

 

My mother had teased me on so many occasions ever since I started living alone that I should get a girlfriend and have her live with me.

Every time, I always replied that I wasn't interested, then my mother would complain, and Koudzuki-san would arrive to check in on the situation.

Although I didn't have any plans of living with girlfriend...but yeah, I did want one.

 

"In that case, your mother's here to help! Let's start with a little practice!"

 

Why was there a need to practice? I was going to refuse because it seemed like too much trouble, but I couldn't say anything to my mother who began giving out instructions enthusiastically.

 

――――

――

 

―― Bang!

 

A kabe-don...no, in terms of the sound it made, it was a bit too strong, more like a wall bang.

"Akane."

"Y-yes..."

 

I intensified my gaze and stared at Koudzuki-san, who was slightly shorter than me, from above.

Wait, what was I intending by intimidating her?! I looked like a punk trying to scare and force her to come with me.

She stared at me with upturned eyes, and her cheeks were slightly red. This was the first time I had seen Koudzuki-san with this kind of expression.

 

"Stay with me forever, don't ever leave my side."

"Ah, y-yes..."

 

She turned even redder. As expected of Koudzuki-san, she did a wonderful job of following my mother's script.

 

"Yes, right there! Hug her! Squeeze her! Cuddle her!!!"

"N-no, that's no good..."

"It's not 'no good'! Kiss her! Smooch her!!!"

"That's even more no good..."

 

Mother, who was throwing off commands beside me, was holding a megaphone from who knew where she got it from.

Rather, what was I even being ordered? They said it was practice to make a girl fall for me, but did this kind of thing really work?

No no, rather, what was I even called here for in the first place?

 

"...If it's just for a bit, I won't mind?"

"Eh...you mean a kiss?"

"...A hug, please give me a hug."

 

Koudzuki-san gave me permission, but when I looked at her, I saw that her shoulders were slightly trembling.

There was no need to play along with mother to that extent. Frankly, I didn't have any intention of being this pushy towards a girl, either.

That was why I separated away and let go of Koudzuki-san. But was it my imagination that Koudzuki-san seemed a bit disappointed?

 

"Ehh~?! It ended already?!"

"This should be enough practice..."

"...Tiring."

"Why?!"

 

While I dealt with my mother who was being unreasonable, Koudzuki-san moved away from the wall and started preparing drinks.

Koudzuki-san acted as if nothing had happened. Wasn't she too perfect? Did she ever make mistakes?

 

"W-wait, Akane? Aren't you pouring too much sugar? It forming a mountain already."

"Eh..? Ah...m-my apologies."

 

I felt lucky to see such a rare side of Koudzuki-san but...seriously, what was I supposed to do here?






Comments

  1. hm his inner playboy needs more one-on-one milf lessons to truly blossom, i see. His mother is a whole ass mood, btw, i love it. Her son just needs to stop losing his composure and let his face do the heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its not just his face either. He should have a good body with all that training and a very serious and reliable attitude. If he wasn't hesitant and didn't doubt himself then he'd be drowning in women. Good looks, good body, rich family, serious attitude but still willing to tease or be teased.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter! May God make be be like this guy and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chapter reminds me about first couple from 'Nande koko ni sensei ga', when MC's mother shipped him with teacher xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14