Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2C1

 

Volume 2, Chapter 1: What Are The Chances Of Me Going If Could?

 

  Don't participate

Participate

 

 

"Time’s up! Put your pens down!"

 

The midterm exams were over. The teacher's signal released the tension in the classroom, and I could see that my classmates had begun to loosen up.

Last year, there were a number of students with disheartened faces after the exam, but so far, there were none of them, and they all wore smiles instead.

No problems on my end, either. I had to cut a back a bit on my study schedules this time, but I wasn't extremely studious to be bothered by that.

And, this was all for today. Tomorrow and the day after were free, and the test would be returned on Monday.

I had no plans after this. As I was preparing to leave, guys from our class approached me…with grins all over their faces.

 

"Jimichi! Thank you for last time! Those practice problems really saved me!"

"Right, right! Wasn't the accuracy rate amazing? This was definitely my highest score ever, I'm sure of it!"

"That’s good."

"For me, I studied close to nothing except for those."

"Me too! I was almost always in my club instead!"

"That's not good."

"Really, I'm glad I'm in the same class as you~."

"That's not right, you know? Jimichi isn't here to help you study."

"That's right, that's right."

"I-I didn't mean it that way! I was just saying that it's good we had a smart Jimichi to help us..."

"Say it properly, okay? I'm sure Jimichi won't like it if you phrase it like that."

"Don't fight."

"Thank you again, really! Could you hold another session next time? Of course, even not just for problem-solving!"

"Good idea! Should make this into a class tradition?!"

"Eh~. Too much work."

 

I was surrounded by classmates I had never spoken to, and I lost my chance to escape.

As I was responding to them perfunctorily, a classmate who I did have contact with many times started talking to me.

 

"Why don't you show more of a reaction?"

"What do you mean? I'm always like this."

"You've been giving half-assed responses, you know? You keep playing with your phone...and you're still at it."

"I got a message from grandma. 'Okay, grandma. Looking forward to it .' And sent...”

 

My friends, Riku included, sighed in dismay.

It wasn’t like I had a choice. I just received a message from grandma, and such a pitiful guy was surrounded by more guys.

 

"Normally, isn't it supposed to be like that? Shouldn't I be surrounded by girls, instead?"

"You, so you had those kinds of thoughts? I thought you were impotent."

"Who's impotent. I'm an energetic teenager."

 

As I was conversing with Riku and the others, the surrounding guys expressed their thanks verbally and left.

There were some who headed for club activities, but for some reason, majority stayed in class and chatted with each other.

In the middle of all this, several girls approached as soon as the male encirclement was torn down.

 

"Hey, Jimichi-kun! We're gonna go out and have fun, do you want to join?"

"Let's go! Other guys will be there, too."

 

The girls who were often at the center of the class invited me to go out with them.

With their appearance and proactiveness, these girls seemed like they were used with talking to guys, and they also ranked at the top of the class hierarchy.

Looking closely, the level of the girls in this class was rather high. There was no bullying happening at all, and all of them were nothing short of pretty.

However, if I were to refuse, would I be isolated? The loyalty of girls wasn’t as cohesive compared to guys.

 

"By the way, Nakajima-kun and others also plan to go, right?"

"Oh, we're going, but..."

 

It seemed that Riku and the others would also be there. It wasn't like I had any plans for the rest of the day, and if I wanted to know my classmates a little bit better, I would have to attend.

 

"Can you give a moment?"

"Hm? Sure."

 

It was indeed an option to participate, but I placed the thought of it at the back of my mind and turned around.

There, Tendou, Hareyama, and other girls from the class were talking about something. Probably inviting them to join also.

I didn't care about Tendou, so I looked at Hareyama instead, who was wearing a somewhat uncomfortable expression.

 

"Since I'm here, I might as well."

“Then, I'll see you at the school gates! Don't be late~."

 

It seemed like Tendou had decided to participate.

However, Hareyama still had that look on her face. Maybe she had a stomach ache?

Anyway, Tendou-kun. It might have been better for you to have carefully considered Hareyama's condition before deciding.

 

"I think that must have been rather significant~."

"Hm? What is it, Jimichi-kun? About that something significant."

"Ah, sorry. I just remembered I had something important to do."

"Eeh~. Then, you can't go?"

"If I could, I will."

"That's what someone says when they won't come~! If you can, you definitely should~!"

 

I asked for details about where we the destination was, and we agreed to meet there as soon as I finished whatever business I had, and so I parted ways with everyone.

While they were headed for the school entrance, I headed to the restroom on the other side of the building to freshen up.

These kinds of detailed maintenances were important. Who could possibly know, there might be some unexpected accidents. It was bad enough to have bed hair, and I wouldn't want them to see me like that.

After a slightly longer trip than usual to the restroom, I walked out and saw a female student in front of me, arms crossed and grumpy.

 

"Too slow! How long are you going to make me wait!"

 

It was Azumi Reika.

Unlike the last time I saw her, she wasn't wearing her glasses and her hair wasn't bundled up this time. She still had her beautiful, semi-long flaxen hair though, and maybe because it was after school? She had donned a pair of stylish earrings.

 

"Sorry sorry, I had something to do! Did you wait long?"

"No, I just got here...not! I wasn't waiting for you!"

"No, but you said you were waiting..."

"That's right! But it's not like that! What's up with your expression?!"

 

By the way, I didn't have anything scheduled with Azumi. When I left the restroom, I saw her pouting, and she said something about how long I was making her wait, so I just played along.

Because it was Azumi...I felt like teasing her.

 

"I'm just joking. So, where to?"

"Yeah, so...wait no, like I said! What's with you?!"

 

I wondered if she was someone this easy to take along for a ride? I got interested, and this exchange continued on for a while.

Finally, I stopped teasing her when the blushing Azumi started seriously glaring at me.





Comments

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14