Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2C12

 

Volume 2, Chapter 12: Warning

 

Give up already

Give up already

Give up already

 

 

"Alright, everything is completed. Should we start heading home soon?"

"Yeah."

 

Since all that happened, the work was quickly finished afterwards. Just like Senpai said, it was almost done in the first place.

Senpai stored the papers in her back and I shut off the computer.

I turned the lights off in the meeting room and went out into the hallway with Senpai. Staring at Senpai's back in front of got me thinking.

 

What did I want to do? I wanted her...I confirmed that that thought hadn't gone away.

But I wasn't able to make my choice.

Two girls told me how they felt about me, but I didn't think about answering them.

As if it was only natural, I adapted myself to the situation.

They certainly did not ask me to go out with them, nor be their lover. They didn't, but if things had developed a bit differently, then they definitely could have.

If I made a choice, things wouldn’t be the same now, wouldn't it?

But even during that time, the thought of deciding didn’t cross my mind, and it felt instinctual when I did.

 

Speaking of developments, Shigure and Senpai did similarly, and so were their progression.

I wouldn't choose between two people who didn't explicitly make it clear. Such was my thoughts on these turn of events.

But what was with haziness I feel when interacting with these girls? I had felt it before, but this time, there was the familiar sensation again of being forced to move.

Nothing came to me when I thought about being manipulated. There was no doubt in my mind that those actions were my true intentions.

But that sensation of being manipulated... Was I the only one feeling this?

 

I couldn't help but think about it.  But seriously, was it better to have my brain checked?

In the meantime, I should leave a message to someone who might know more about these things.

 

Ikuto: I have been brainwashed by aliens.

Souji: That's sudden, lol

Ikuto: I want to consult you about this.

Souji: Sure. I'll have the anesthesia ready.

 

I sent a message to someone who had always been a great help, someone who was like a brother to me.

I got a reply right away, but was he that free? If so, then that would be unacceptable, and should warrant an interdepartmental meeting.

 

But truth of the matter was that, I really was scared. I was afraid that I would mess something up with my choices.

Was this some kind of disorder unique to teens? I had never been in love, so I wouldn't know.

Would there be a time where I did have to choose?

Man, really...I envy those who could at this situation.

 

 

――――

――

 

 

Mutsuki-senpai and I went out into the hallway on our way to the shoe lockers.

The distance between us was rather close. Not emotionally, but physically.

 

"Ikuto-kun, why don't we walk while linking arms?"

"You're pretty aggressive."

"Do you not like aggressive women?"

"I don't hate it, but..."

 

As soon as I said this, Senpai immediately linked up her arms with mine.

There wasn't the slightest hint of embarrassment. The way she naturally did so was as if we had already been in a relationship for a long time.

 

"If they see us like this, it will start a rumor, you know?"

"Do you not want to be involved in gossips with me?"

 

Senpai, who asked me this with an upturned expression, looked more cute than beautiful.

There was no way any could say no to such a barrage of expressions.

However, it was difficult to adjust to sudden changes. This was the first time I had ever experienced being fawned over by a girl.

"I don't mind, but it makes me nervous, so please do hold back."

"Oh my, I'm getting more and more reluctant to do so."

 

Her moderately-sized bosom hit my arms. Could it be that Senpai was the type of person to wear thin clothing?

I was a healthy high school boy. The tip of my nose was about to stretch, but I kept my cool.

I'm not interested in your breasts, okay? I showed my defiance.

Then, I heard a loud noise from behind me.

 

"―― I-Ikuto-senpai...? W-what are you doing?!"

 

We both turned around and there, was Shigure Airi, who was on the verge of tears.

With a look of disbelief on her face, she came up to me.

 

"S-s-s-s-senpai! D-don't tell me...you were going out with Mutsuki-senpai?!"

"Oh, excuse me, I've shown a distasteful sight."

 

Mutsuki-senpai said this with a provocative smile, while Shigure looked wide-eyed and astonished.

Shigure's eyes darted back and forth between our entangled arms and faces.

 

"I-it's a lie, right? Because Senpai, you just did that to me a while ago!"

"That...? Hey, Ikuto-kun, what's going on?"

"Ikuto-kun? Wait...Ikuto-kun?! Huh?!"

"Airi-san, what did Ikuto-kun do to you?"

 

Because of Shigure's weird phrasing, Mutsuki-senpai's eyes became stern.

Whether she was aware of it or not, Shigure ignored Mutsuki-senpai and piled up on me.

 

"I-I'll call you Ikuto, too! Ikuto-san!"

"No."

"W-why..."

"I want to be called 'senpai ' by a cute kouhai like Shigure."

 

I told that to Shigure, who was on the verge of crying, with serious eyes.

Her expression then quickly recovered and happily clung on to my free arm, turning her eyes up and started calling me in succession.

 

"Ikuto-senpai? Senpai! Se~npai ."

"Kufu...a hundred points for you, Shigure."

 

Her tone of voice, at times cheerful, sometimes affectionate, along with the gesture of tilting her head.

What destructive power. For a moment, my manliness was about to take a knee.

The kouhai's specialty. Understanding her advantage, Shigure reasserted her position with a smile full of desire for protection.

Just as my cheeks were about to loosen at that sight, a sharp pain on my side brought me back to reality.

 

"Don't ignore me."

 

On the side opposite of Shigure, Mutsuki-senpai was looking a bit mad.

However, taking a closer look, it seemed more like a sulking expression than of anger.

The pouting face of this dignified senpai was magnificent.

With a light apology to Senpai, I started moving my legs with my arms still linked up with the two of them.

 

"So, what did he do to you?"

"He patted me on the head~...and hugged me afterwards."

 

I had no memory of hugging her. Please refrain from lying with that devilish look on your face.

 

"Wh...what?!"

"He also said something to me that sounded like a proposal. He wants to take care of me after two years pass."

 

I...might have said that. It all depended on how Shigure interpreted it.

A kouhai who triumphed over two senpais. It seemed that the first battle was won by Shigure.

Mutsuki-senpai's expression was cute, so I didn't point out anything and kept walking in silence.

 

 

――――

――

 

 

"So, I wondering about that..."

 

Somewhat feeling uneasy while walking, Shigure asked this with a slightly nervous expression.

It was Mutsuki-senpai who answered.

 

"Unfortunately, it's not the kind of relationship you are thinking."

"So that was the case! I'm glad~, or rather, I don't pity you at all!"

"Haa...Airi-san, you too, after all."

"Also you, Senpai. Well, I can tell when I look at your expression."

 

But still, it was difficult to move. Both of you were pulling on my arms too much.

Because Shigure's stride was different from that of Senpai, it was a bit difficult to adjust.

I didn't know if it was because they started talking, but sometimes, I felt like I was about to lose my balance.

 

"Mutsuki-senpai, Ikuto-senpai looks like he has trouble walking, so can you let go?"

"Why don't you, instead? You came after me in the first place."

"I think kind of thing should be left to the kouhais."

"Some things are absolutely non-negotiable, kouhai or not."

 

I want you both to either just talk to each other or let go. I wished they would, but my wishes weren't heard.

Of course, I didn't hate it. If I look at the right, I saw a cute kouhai. To the right, was a beautiful Senpai.

Any man yearned to have a flower on both arms at some point.

However, what would happen if someone saw us here? By next, there would be all kinds of rumors flying around.

 

"You two, are you going to let go soon?"

""No.""

"Haa...someone might see, you know?"

"I don't particularly mind."

"I don't, either."

"I'm the one who is going to be implicated. If they see me like this, I will be thought of as womanizing bastard..."

 

I wondered if I jinxed it.

Someone came out in front of us. It was dim so it was hard to see their face, but a person was indeed walking on the opposite side of the hallway.

The two didn't seem to notice as they kept on rubbing their reddened cheeks on my arm.

Normally, I should have made them let go, or had stopped in our tracks.

Instead, while taking lead, I took position ahead of the two who were still marking my arm like cats.

 

"..."

"..."

 

It was Tendou Susumu.

Seeing that face, I halted. They wondered why I did, and staring at my expression, they turned their eyes towards the end of my line of sight.

After seeing Tendou's appearance, neither of them tried to separate away. Seeing this, his expression became distorted.

At first, his eyes widened in surprise, then he went expressionless, and now he started glaring at me in full force.

 

"Jimichi, you..."

"..."

 

Sensing something disturbing, Senpai wrinkled her eyebrows, and Shigure's grip tightened, perhaps afraid of Tendou.

I on the other hand, might have been expressionless.

 

"So it was your fault?!"

"..."

 

Ignoring Tendou's words, I move my feet again.

Perhaps surprised that I suddenly started walking, they were confused for a moment, but then followed suit.

While walking slowly, I called out to Tendou.

 

"―― Tendou."

 

The fact that he was here meant he had done everything wrong.

If everything was wrong, I was to do my part.

Ah, here we go again. I didn't know why, but I felt compelled to say this.

 

"This route won't continue anymore. Try another one."

 

―― Warning.

That word was all that was in my head.





Comments

  1. 2 routes destroyed so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's 3 routes down, true route, senpai and kouhai routes.

      Delete
  2. While the novel by base is fairly interesting its really these moments of unnaturalness that make it feel fun. How fast they fall for him, the sudden shift of his actions, how the protagonist sees him. Everything comes together to create an almost horror but not quite its like a lovely slice of life but everything just feels wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. There's that sense of unease all the time behind the romcom developments.

      Delete
  3. I love this romcom/slice of life/eldritch horror novel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree with the others it’s this almost-horror that makes this series so interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14