Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2C5

 

Volume 2, Chapter 5: The Destructive Power Of A Kuudere

 

Say thanks

  Express through actions

 

 

Sunday morning, and I was getting ready to go help my Grandma with her new phone.

There was nothing specific to prepare for. I did the same as usual and lazily passed the time away until the meetup.

When it was about time to go and leave, my phone rang.

 

"Hello?"

"Jimichi-kun? It's Yukinaga. Can I have a minute?"

"Uh."

 

The call was from Yukinaga-senpai. Wonder what happened this time, did she need help with student council work?

If so, I would have no choice but to refuse because I did something to do today, but it seemed like her request wasn't about work.

 

"I was deciding for myself which phone to buy, but there are all sorts of variety and I was wondering if I could ask Jimichi-kun to help me."

"...I’m fine with that."

 

I knew she’d get confused about all different kinds of available models.

Well, couldn't say I didn't anticipate this.

 

"I was wondering if you're free today. If so, I'd like you to come with me."

"Ah~, sorry but today...wait no, this should be fine."

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

 

I told Senpai that my Grandma asked me to accompany me her while she went about choosing her phone.

The events were somewhat similar in nature, and if Senpai didn't mind, I asked her if she wanted to join us.

 

"Wouldn't I be bothering you?"

"It's fine. As long as Senpai is okay with it."

"I see... Then, may I join you?"

"Sure. Are you going to leave now? The location is at ――"

 

I told Senpai where to meet up and I left my house, too.

On the way there, I contacted my grandma and updated her about the situation, and she gladly accepted the addition.

 

 

――――

――

 

 

I had planned to meet up with Senpai before Grandma, so I arrived at the meeting place earlier than expected.

I was already prepared to move out when Senpai called, but the same might not be the case for her.

I expected her to take a bit more time, but that turned out to be wrong.

 

"Haa, haa...Jimichi-kun...Sorry, I'm late..."

 

I was about to kill some time by playing some games on my phone when I was surprised to suddenly hear Senpai's voice.

She seemed like she had long run as her shoulders were heaving up and down. With her hands on her knees, she looked like a marathoner who just finished the race.

 

"S-senpai? Are you alright? You didn't have to be in such a hurry..."

"Because...haa, haa...you deliberately...delayed your schedule for me, didn't you?"

 

Apparently, Senpai thought she was making us wait for her. I should have thought about what I could have said to her a little more.

After she recovered a bit, Senpai looked up and made eye contact with me. Her cheeks were slightly red and her forehead was drenched in sweat.

I gave Senpai a bottle of water I bought and waited for her to cool down.

 

"I'm fine now...thanks. Shall we get going?"

"It should be fine still, Senpai. I'm sure Grandma hasn't arrived yet."

"I-is that so? Then, I'll sit down...just for a bit."

 

Senpai took the bottle from me and sat down on the bench set up nearby.

 

I watched in a daze as Senpai took a sip and wiped away her sweat with a handkerchief.

Her long black hair was tied in a half-up, which was different from her usual style. The sight of Senpai in a scrunchie was very refreshing.

Compared with mine, Senpai's casual attire was much more elaborate. She put on more makeup than usual and wore a pair of earrings.

 

"W-what's the matter? Do I look...weird?"                        

"No, you look beautiful."

"T-that's not what I meant..."

 

Perhaps because I was staring at her too closely, she was a bit anxious when she asked, so I answered.

Then, Senpai seemed unusually shy and averted her gaze. Senpai, with her flushed cheeks, wasn't the usual dignified senpai she always was.

 

"My clothes, and makeup, too."

"It's doesn't look out of place you know? Like I said earlier, you look beautiful...although."

"Y-yes...?"

"Try looking at my clothes? Doesn't look like I'm fit to sit right next to Senpai, right?"

 

The charisma of such a beautiful woman, who could make anyone take a second look even if she did nothing, was much stronger than usual because she put more effort into it.

Even now, there were many people who had been stealing glances her way since a while ago.

I also dressed with certain amount of care put into, but it was only superficial, which was nothing compared to the level Senpai did.

 

"T-that's not the case! You're...cool enough...as it is."

"Really? It gives me a lot of confidence for someone like Senpai say that to me.”

"...You should be a bit more shy, you know? It's unfair."

 

I laughed bitterly at Senpai who had jittery eyes, and I found her reaction to being complimented a bit amusing.

Apparently, Senpai's enthusiasm was based on the fact that she was going to meet my relatives, and she didn't want to be seen as crude.

 

"That long skirt also suits you. How did you manage to run in that?"

 

At first, I praised her clothes, then her accessories and hair, and finally, when I mentioned that she had a beautiful eyes and nose, Senpai finally broke down.

It was entertaining to see Senpai gradually redden, so I just kept on going.

Of course, none of what I said were lies. I meant it, but this was the first time I ever praised a girl this much, even if I was playing around.

 

"I-it's hot toady, isn't it..."

"Is that so? It not too sunny and the wind is cool ――"

"―― It is hot! Geez, let's just go!"

 

The red-faced Senpai stood from the bench and walked away with her hands on her face.

 

I hurriedly caught up and peeked at her face, only for her to turn away. After walking for a few minutes and repeating this process several times, I finally called out to her.

 

"Um, Senpai."

"N-never mind that! Just look ahead and walk!"

"That's not what I meant."

"What? Are you still trying to embarrass me?"

"No, that’s not it, either."

"...? What is it?"

"The meeting place is not that way."

"Y-you should've said something earlier! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Ah, because your reactions were too cute."

"~~~! You're still saying stuff like that!"

 

Senpai, whose face blushed again, turned around and left me as she went ahead.

I didn't know why I found the sight of a normally composed person acting so shy interesting.

I wondered if I might be an S. I chased after Senpai while I thought about useless things.





Comments

  1. That's some S Rank Charisma. It's even more impressive since (so far) it seems he's acting on his own initiative. Sure, his mind is being messed with so that he pursues the targets without thinking too much about it, but the actual words and actions are his own. The only time (that we know of) where he was actually running on a script was when talking to the player character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the "S" id meant to be "sadist"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14