Vote for a new series!

I'm almost done with Bad End, so I'm planning to start translating a new novel. Or two.

I've listed below 5 novels whose synopsis/premise I found interesting. Since you guys will be the one to read this, I leave the choices to you. I will pick the top two on the list. There's a poll linked on the bottom of this post.

Schedule for chapters will be based on how long the chapters are and how much spare time I have.

P.S. I don't actually read the novels before I translate. If it turns into a dumpster fire as it progresses, then we'll be in this together. (~o ̄3 ̄)~




Novel #1: Mob Protagonist ~A Mob Character in a Novel, But There Seems to Be a Problem

123 chapters currently.


Synopsis:

Reincarnating as a mob character. The story usually started with a rebirth, didn't it? But wasn't this turn of events a bit laughable? Most people would usually lament the fact that they got turned into a mob character, but despite that, I played an active role in the story and overcame the protagonist. That was only obvious. Because I knew how the story went, and acted on it early on.

So, it might have been only fitting to express it this way.

I guess I was reincarnated as a mob protagonist.

I reincarnated. As a mob protagonist.

Here's to put it more clearly. I was reincarnated as a mob in a famous novel. This mob didn't even appear in the story at all.

Hey, that doesn't even count as a mob, you might retort.

Still, that novel had gotten so popular. It was even made into a game.

And then, I was inside that game...


Author: バッド

Keywords: R15, Cruel Depictions, Isekai Reincarnation, Mob Character, Uncle, TS (Gender-swap), Exile

Genre: Low Fantasy

https://ncode.syosetu.com/N1218HU/




Novel #2: Witch and Mercenary

95 chapters currently.


Synopsis:

"Witch" ―― the remaining unknown existence left on the continent where monsters and magic had been all but lost. Jig, a mercenary, was on his way to defeat this ancient, feared being. He was victorious after a fierce battle, but at the same time, he lost his purpose in killing the witch. As he was about to leave without dealing the final blow, the witch offered him a request. She wanted to live without being chased by anyone. The mercenary, after an internal conflict, decided to accept the request. He felt that it was a difficult job to fulfill in this continent where people had a strong aversion to witches, so he decided to travel to another continent that had long known witches, and to which had been finally open for travel these recent years.


Author: 超法規的かえる

Keywords: R15, Cruel Depictions, Male Protagonist, Dungeon, Mercenary, Witch, Native Protagonist, Dual Swordmanship, Strong Protagonist

Genre: High Fantasy (Epic-like setting, the usual fantasy)

https://ncode.syosetu.com/N2819HA/




Novel #3: I Wasn't Being Loved By Anyone, But When I Gave It All Up, Everyone Around Me Acted Strange

29 chapters currently.


Manato, a student in second-year high school, was starved for affection.

His mother was always out working, his sister had been ignoring him for the past six months, and his childhood friend, who he thought was the only who loved him, said that she found someone else she liked.

Still, Manato tried to get them to show any emotion for him.

But then he saw his mother, who usually had a tired look on her face, talking to his sister with a smile.

That was when his heart broke.


Author: はる

Keywords: School Romantic Comedy, Male Protagonist, Reaping What You Sow, Childhood Friend, Younger Sister, Modern School, Senior

Genre: Real World (Romance)

https://ncode.syosetu.com/N4957HW/

Novel was picked up. After seeing the translations, I decided I might as well just translate this if it gets one of the  top spots.




Novel #4: I Was Dedicated in Supporting a Couple of Childhood Friends Because I Wanted Them to Become a Pair, But For Some Reason, The Two Just Wouldn't Stick Together?

36 chapters currently.



Yoshihiro Shindo, a boy in elementary school who wanted to realize with his own eyes a scene he saw from a romance manga in reality, acted to become the best friend of two childhood friends.

As time went by and they were now in middle school, he thought he was going to be able to support them in various events and see them get together... In the end, the two never did, and they found themselves in high school while he continued to search for the reason why.

"Why...why won't you two go out together?"

Despite Yoshihiro's intentionns, did the two childhood friends had their own thoughts on the matter...?
In their new environment, a complicated love story began.


Author: 破和ー

Keywords: Slice of Life, Youth, Male Protagonist, Misunderstanding?

Genre: Real World (Romance)





Novel #5: Yamamoto-kun's Revenge of Youth ~I Was Bullied at School, But I Made an Effort to Start Anew, And Ever Since I Came Back, My Classmates Have Been Looking at Me Strangely~

82 chapters currently.


Synopsis: 

I, Yamamoto Ruka, had an ugly appearance due to a strange disease, and I was looked down on at school, at my part-time job, and even by my mean relatives.

However, when I came back after undergoing treatment in the U.S., I turned out to be a ridiculously handsome guy (my true form)!
Furthermore, because of my previously heavy figure, my muscles were toned, and I had gotten versatile at sports, as well as becoming a skilled fighter, and my English was even more fluent than my teacher's. I was extemely high-spec.

I came back to my class, and my youthful revenge is about to begin...!


Author: 作夜桜ユノ

Keywords: R15, Cruel Depictions, School Romance, Romantic Comedy, School Life, Hierarchies, High-Spec Protagonist, Cheat, TUEEEE (I am so powerful!), Peerless Protagonist, Foreshadowing

Genre: Real World (Romance)






The voting will end when I finish translating Bad End.

Comments

  1. Can you change the poll from 1 to multiple choices (2 or 3 max)? I like 2 of them and i think it isnt fair to choose only 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I modified the poll now to allow for a maximum of two choices.

      Delete
  2. According to a popular rumor, isekai followed by romance, was genres with the highest rate of missing potential and miss management by the author.

    This is simply by the fact this is the 2 genre that is often pick by the new writer.

    So if i had to choose between romance or isekai. I would pick romance if i feel lucky. And pick isekai if i feel like adventurous.

    Here goes nothing boy....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the mob protagonist one (novel 1) amusing simply cause of the genderswap/ TS tag which the synopsis doesnt even mention, depending on further story/ romance and all, could turn out to be a good one.

    Second one i find interesting would be novel 3/ gave it all up. because story wise thats the second most interesting one, tho if a bit generic cause it isnt exactly that rare.

    The other ones are just basic, the childhood friends one im not even sure what would be there except all slice of life which is just uninteresting,
    and that yamamoto one, well thats also been done before plenty of times, including this one really popular manga

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2nd Novel is what I feel to have the most potential
    HOWEVER, these types of novels ive seen come and go have always been incredibly dissapointing once it turns into a harem... Hopefully, it wouldnt be.

    Overall, a decent selection of novels and im just looking forward to whatever you would translate next! Your translations have been incredible and whichever one you pick and switch into would be up tp you! Hope youre still having fun translating and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn’t Loved by Anyone, and if I Give Up Everything, the Situation Around Me is Strange was picked up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please do pick up “I wasn’t Loved by Anyone”. The translation seems like pure unedited machine translation and was pick up purely out of spite.

    https://tomaritranslation.blogspot.com/2022/11/chapter-1-crack.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Witch and Mercenary is the last huh, looks the best to me, I bet it gonna be wholesome while having it’s sad moments and also the childhood friend couple looks like it will be the funniest one. The rest all looks like a pain to read if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually hoping to translate this because it had consistently reached the top of the rankings in its genre, so I was wondering what made it so good.

      Not to mention that it's an isekai (more like fantasy really, but you get the idea) that doesn't have a very long title. Guess I'll look into this again in the future if it's still not translated and I have time to spare.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, a shame. Hope we get to read it someday .
      Thanks for the hard work btw.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14