Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 SS 1

 

Volume 1, Side Story 1: Bad Selection ~Shigure Airi~

 

Tendou's POV

 

 

One day, about a month into my second year of high school.

I stood inside a classroom after school with my childhood friend Hareyama Hanae, and a friend from last year, Azumi Reika.

 

"Hey, Susumu. Want to stop by somewhere on the way home today?"

"Ah, there's this cafe I'm currently interested in.”

 

As the conversation went on, it was decided that we'd go out somewhere and have fun.

They were waiting for my answer with somewhat expectant eyes. I wanted to join them, but I also wanted to play the game I just bought yesterday.

 

―― Play with friends today

 

"Sorry, I promised to go out with my friends today."

 

Sorry girls, I couldn't resist the temptation. I didn't have any plans with my friends, but giving them the excuse that I wanted to play games instead might not impress them.

Leaving the girls with disappointed looks on their faces as you might have expected, I rushed out of the classroom.

 

I had been playing the game ever since I got home. My parents were on a long business trip, so there was no one to come over and complain.

I wanted to take a bath soon, and I was hungry. I prepared neither of those yet. Living alone was a hassle because you had to do everything by yourself.

Now that I think about it, I also had to iron out my shirts and uniforms...how troublesome.

I thought about all this when my phone hummed a ringtone. I looked over to see who was calling, and it was Azumi Reika.

Honestly, I had my hands full, but the fact that she was contacting me at this time of day might mean that it was something urgent.

 

―― Don't answer the phone

 

I decided to let Azumi's call pass, thinking that if it was an emergency, she would call again. I should pause my gaming session soon, because I still had bath, food, and ironing to do.

Soon enough, I had to go out of my room because I was hungry, and I brought my phone along.

Then, it rang again. I thought that maybe Azumi's case really was urgent after all, so I picked up the phone this time.

 

"Reika? What's wrong?"

"Um...huh? This is Tendou-senpai's number...if I'm not mistaken?"

 

The voice on the other side belonged to a girl, but it wasn't Azumi. When I checked the number, I didn't seem to have it registered and showed only the digits.

But it was a voice I heard recently. Just from where exactly...

 

"This is Tendou, but who's this?"

"Ah, I am Shigure Airi. I was with you during club activities..."

 

Ah. I was on the soccer team, and this girl was a first-year and a manager.

Reminds me, I remembered our advisor telling us to register their numbers.

There were three first-years who applied as a manager this year, and among them, Shigure Airi was the cutest-looking.

She called because there was a need to shop for club supplies. She said our advisor told her to take a second-year to help teach her what to buy.

After hearing the details, I found it difficult to refuse, so I agreed to go shopping with Shigure on the holiday tomorrow.

I thought that it was cute of her to call out to me first...but it turned out I was the fourth.

 

The next day, I met up with Shigure in front of the station and we went on to shop for our club supplies.

Originally, all three first years should have participated, but only Shigure was here.

From what I heard, they couldn't come because they had urgent business or something, but I wondered if it was possible for two people to have an emergency at such a convenient time.

Well, it was fine, and Shigure and I headed to our destination. There, we bought what we needed at the sports supplies shop who always took care of our soccer team, and left the store.

 

"This is the general flow of things, got it?"

"Y-yes."

 

Shigure had noted it down on her phone, so I think she'd be fine. As our club manager from now on, Shigure might need to come to this supply store many more times.

 

Ah...I forgot to buy some cooling spray.

 

While we were at it, I remembered something I had to buy. Next to me was Shigure was staring down at her phone, confirming something.

Should I ask her to go with me? But it seemed like she was preoccupied with her phone.

 

―― Have her wait here

 

"Sorry Shigure, I forgot to buy something. Could you wait for me a bit?"

"Ah, yes. I understand."

 

It was only a quick errand, so I asked Shigure to wait for me. It would be tasteless of me to just split up with her after all this, so I might invite her out to play after we were done shopping.

 

 

――――

――

 

 

"―― My bad, Shigure! I got caught up!"

 

I thought I would be back soon, but I turned out late because I bumped into a friend at the store.

I didn't think I'd take this much time, but if I knew I was going to take this long, I should've just asked her to come with me.

 

"..."

"...Shigure?"

 

For some reason, Shigure was in a daze. Her cheeks were slightly red, might be because she was feeling hot? Although, the temperature shouldn't be that high today.

Maybe something happened?

 

―― Brush off the matter

 

Oh, well. If something was up, it was none of my business to get into.

 

"How cool..."

"Shigure? Did you say something?"

 

Shigure muttered while staring off into the distance. But her voice was too small for me to make out what she said.

 

"Eh...ah, Tendou-senpai?! Why are you here?!"

"Don't 'why am you here’ me... What were you talking about?"

"Never mind, it's nothing! Sorry."

 

What got her so flustered? I didn't mean to call out her that abruptly.

 

"Well, it's fine. Shigure, do you want to go somewhere after this?"

"Um... Senpai isn't here anymore, and I'm a bit scared today, so I'd like to go home..."

"S-scared...of me? Or rather, isn't your senpai in front of you..."

"Ah...that's not what I meant! Sorry for saying something weird! Then Senpai, I'll see you at club activities! Please excuse me first."

 

After saying something that didn't make any sense, Shigure ran off in a panic.

I stared at her for a while, but she never looked back.






Comments

  1. For a galge protag this dude sure is sucks at setting up flag,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he's like me the first time I ever played a galge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esto me da unas vibras inmensas a ser un eroge con final ntr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a guy going to a bad end in such a carefree manner. He can only blame himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So these are actually decisions made by him huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said, I was right all along.

      Delete
  6. Bruh really got negative rizz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14