Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C11


Volume 1, Chapter 11: Why Is It Packed? I'm Curious, Scientifically.

 

  Continue studying

Proceed with club activities

 

 

When I went to the library to study on my own, I found a dispirited Hareyama there.

I had a feeling that something must have happened with her childhood friend Tendou, and when I saw her tearing up... I thought it was best to leave her alone.

Although my father did tell me a long time ago...that you shouldn't leave a girl crying all on her own, and I was also hesitant to do so.

My crying classmate, and my late father's teachings (No, I didn't teach you this), and also my decision to change.

Coming up with these justifications, I gathered up my courage and spoke to Hareyama.

 

"Hareyama, are you studying alone?"

"Eh?! Ah, awawa...."

 

She must not have wanted to be seen crying. When I gently spoke to Hareyama, she began wiping away her tears in a flustered manner.

Hareyama, who was in the middle of her studies, had a different look to her, with her lightly pigmented hair bundled up in a ponytail.

But more importantly...those are some big bun-buns.

I always thought it was big, but now I was curious about how it was so big. Of course, scientifically.

It was only for research purposes. I was curious about what was in it, and I wanted to touch it, all with academic intent in mind.

 

"Um? Jimichi-kun...right? My classmate?"

"That's right, but why do you sound unsure?"

"Ahaha...sorry. I'm not very good at remembering people."

 

It would be great if you could remember your fellow classmate's name at least.

Rather, the expression on her face, and this feeling...seriously. Could this girl be...?

 

"Hareyama, were you with someone?"

"Eh?"

"Because look, the chair beside you is still out."

 

When I saw Hareyama alone, I was thinking she might not have been with Tendou.

However, looking at her expression, I was convinced that she really was with him before this.

Hareyama came with Tendou to the library together. Then, something happened, and they split.

It might not have been necessarily a fight, but... Either way, since she had that look on her face, it might not have ended the way she expected it to.

 

"You sound like a detective, Jimichi-kun."

"Fumu. According to my analysis...it must have been Tendou Susumu next to you, right?"

"A-amazing! How did you know?!"

"Because I'm a genius detective."

"A genius detective, huh~."

 

I was just playing, but I was just spouting something really stupid.

Hareyama also played along. I was sure this girl was sweet. Normally, one would respond with a bitter laugh.

 

"U-um, sir detective! Are you possibly...intelligent?!"

"I don't mean to brag, but I am quite the smart guy."

"Are you really that confident about it?"

"Of course."

 

The moment I said that, it felt like light had returned to Hareyama's eyes. Although her eyes was already big and cute, it widened even more in anticipation.

In the darkness of despair, a ray of hope suddenly appeared. With a look of determination to not lose sight of that hope, Hareyama said to me in a loud voice.

 

"Please! Please help me study, Sir Detective!"

"I don't mind, but...Hareyama-san, this is the library, you know?"

"Yeah! It's the best place to learn! So please!"

"Shut up."

"Ueeh?!"

"Please be quiet, you are disturbing other people around you."

 

See, they got angry. Someone who looked like a member of the library committee had been glancing at our direction from a while ago.

It seemed like her volume was too much. It was good that she was energetic, but the fact that we were in a library didn't seem to cross her mind.

How absentminded...or rather. Could it be that this girl really was that fabled airhead...?

Such an easygoing person was apologizing to the supervisor with a red face. Sorry, but this situation was too interesting.

Not only was she cute...but this girl was also the cute and airheaded type. Is something like that even possible in reality?

 

――――

――

 

"Um..so...like this..?"

 

Looking a bit nervous, Hareyama, who sat across me, asked for an answer.

 

"Yeah, that's wrong."

"Uuu..."

 

I already taught her the same thing several times and she never understood it. When she got it so wrong, I was worried that I might not be doing a good job of teaching her.

However, I couldn't think of any other way to teach. I felt sorry for Hareyama, but if this method of teaching wasn't effective, she would have to find someone else.

 

"I'll explain it to you one more time, okay? If you don't the understand the question, it's fine to ask questions you know? I won't get mad you, so don't be too nervous."

"O-okay. Sorry..."

 

I wasn't trying to be strict in any way, but Hareyama was still jumpy.

Maybe that was why she couldn't ask what she wanted to clarify, and then moved on to the next problem without ever understanding the problem.

 

"Sigh... Did Tendou maybe said something to you?"

"Eh...why did you ask?"

"You've been too nervous for a while now...and also."

"A-and?"

"...No, it's nothing."

 

You were crying, weren't you? How could I possibly ask that. I should point it out in a another way.

 

"I'm not like Tendou."

"Eh...?"

"I don't know what Tendou said to you, but I won't get mad like him."

"...You're not going to abandon me?"

"Abandon...? Well, that I won't do."

 

She looked like an abandoned puppy. Hareyama might not be doing it intentionally, but she appealed to affection as much as she could, not wanting to let go of the person who found her.

It wasn't fair for a pretty girl like Hareyama to make such expressions. She reminded me of a certain kouhai, and I felt like I had to help her.

 

"...Susumu-kun told me he couldn't go along with me anymore."

"Couldn't go along...?"

"Yeah. He said he doesn't want to teach me anymore because I don't learn much."

"Ah, that's what you meant."

 

Hareyama and Tendou were said to be childhood friends, so it was likely they knew each other well and could say whatever they wanted.

However, there was another side to this. It might be good to be able to say anything, but it might result in easily disregarding what the other person thought about what you said.

At least Hareyama should have thought about his words carefully ――

 

"Well, it's fine. It's only a problem if I don't have anyone to help me study~."

 

―― or rather didn't.

 

"...Hareyama, perhaps the reason you were crying was because of studies?"

"I... I wasn't crying! What are you saying?!"

 

I thought she cried because Tendou had pushed her away, but I had no idea that it was actually caused by her worrying about her own red marks.

I couldn't hold back and said it. Because she had such a depressed look on her face and even spilled tears.

And the reason for that was... all because she didn't know how to study.

 

"Are you a kid?"

"Uu...but...if I get a red mark again next time, my allowance will be reduced to 1,000 yen a month."

"Are you a kid in elementary?"

"I'm a high school student!"

 

Well, I was sure her body was that of an adult...oops, what I said almost made look like a perverted uncle.

Time quietly passed as I patiently tutored Hareyama, who had an excellent figure of her own but had the smarts of a kid, with her studies.






Comments

  1. Why did this reminded me of my elementary days? Augh i used to tutor a classmate and now she's a tall and very beautiful woman everyone talks about, even my grandparents and aunt push me to court her... Im confident enough that im not attractive to her because of the trauma I received from tutoring her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tendou really abandoned Hareyama, he is really scum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those options the decisons that that Tendou guy made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. All his choices that leads to the bad ending.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14