Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C12

 

Volume 1, Chapter 12: Aipon and the Senpai Killer

 

Return to the library

  Look for Shigure

  Go home

 

 

How many hours had it been since I started teaching Hareyama?

After all that happened, Hareyama had been quietly studying now without being ever so frightened. She began asking me questions about parts she didn't understand.

Although she did have trouble remembering things, Hareyama was very focused and made good progress in her studies.

Or so I’d like to think so.

 

"The percentage rate of correct answers...is about 30 percent."

"Ah, awawa...but, I did my best right?"

"I understand that, of course."

 

To honest, I wanted her to reach at least 50% to avoid a red mark. You could avoid failing if you get about 40%, but being only limited to what you conveniently studied might pose a problem.

Hareyama refused to solve only the set of problems I made. She said although she would accept the questions, she wanted to relearn the scope of the test first.

It was very different compared to Riku and company, but there might be some tough issues to consider regarding the time.

 

"But it's still no good."

"Eh...?"

"It's hard to avoid a red mark with just this."

"I-is that so? Then, I'll continue reviewing it at home...?"

"Can you do it by yourself?"

"Uu..."

 

You shed tears earlier because you couldn't do it.

 

"Hareyama is cute, but a bit of an airhead. Aipon (kawaii ponkotsu), for short."

"C-cute...or more importantly, I'm not stupid~!"

 

Hareyama caused a racket to hide her embarrassment, but then her eyes met the library committee member and hurriedly closed her mouth.

Someone with a good appearance like her must have been used to being called cute, but unlike Azumi, she was rather shy about it.

In any case, did Tendou ever tell her she was cute?

Well, probably not. He knew this girl for the longest time, and I was sure he must have thought it was also embarrassing.

 

"So, what are you going to do? Do you still want to continue?"

"Um, sorry. I have a curfew..."

 

It was still seasonally bright outside the window, but looking at the time would tell you it was getting late.

As someone who lived alone with no curfew, I couldn’t grasp why I had to be home before a certain time.

 

"Then, I guess this is it for today."

"Y-yeah. Um...can you teach me again next time?"

"If Hareyama chooses me."

 

Aipon tilted her head back, confused at my words. Thus, the study session with the cute but airheaded Hareyama came to an end.

 

――――

――

 

After parting ways with Hareyama in the library, I headed back to my class.

For some reason, the option of going home with Hareyama never occurred to me at all. So, I just went back to see if there was still someone there.

Although, no one was inside the classroom. It seemed that everyone had left.

I felt something out of place on my desk and walked towards it, where I found a thank-you note with handwriting that a girl would have probably written, and for some reason, some stomach medicine.

I took the medicine and the letter, left the classroom, and headed for my shoe box.

I was on my way there when I passed by the floor for the first years.

 

"―― Ah?! U-um! Senpai!"

 

A loud voice that sounded rushed halted me in my steps.

I looked towards where the voice from, and I saw a rather short girl running up to me.

 

"Oh, it's Hanako."

"I told you I'm Airi! Please remember already..."

 

Shigure, approaching me with her pitter-pattering steps, threw me a pouting look.

Were those her friends? Behind her were two girls in their gym clothes looking at us, grinning.

 

"Did you have remedial for PE after school, Shigure?"

"Shigure... I guess that's fine. It's not make-up classes, but for our club activities instead."

 

Shigure seemed rather dissatisfied about something, but she soon returned to her normal expression and continued talking.

 

"Um, I never had the chance to thank you properly, so I was looking for you."

"Is that so?"

"Um, just that Senpai's floor was difficult to get to..."

"I can see that. I don't want to be in the floor for the third years, either."

 

Well, I also didn't want to head the first years' floor, too. There was only a year difference, but I didn't want to mix with a floor full of first years.

 

"That's why, um...I-Ikuto-senpai!"

"What is it? Wait, did I introduce myself last time?"

"Uh this... I looked you up..."

 

I didn't hear the last part well, but was it something embarrassing? Shigure's face turned read and she kept her head down.

 

"Um...is it okay to call you Ikuto-senpai...?"

"You aren't aware of your destructive power, are you? You can call me whatever you like."

 

The upward glance, glistening eyes, and trembling voice made me want to protect her.

Senpai Killer. I'd give her those two words.

 

"Then...Ikuto-senpai. Thank you very much for last time."

"No no, it was nothing. Well, if it was someone as cute like you, I could understand why you'd get hit on."

 

A frail and timid atmosphere. A bad way to put it, but she looked like easy prey for guys.

Perhaps the reason her cheeks were slightly red earlier was because she was speaking in volume louder than normal? Maybe she was straining too hard to make her voice heard.

 

"If that's the case...so that I won't get hit on, please go shopping with me, Ikuto-senpai."

"You should ask your boyfriend instead for that kind of request."

 

Shigure asked me that while keeping the upturned expression as before, as she waited for my reaction.

Shouldn't you keep that kind of look for your lover? Or rather, would this constitute as cheating?

 

"I-I don't have a boyfriend! He was just a senpai at my club."

"Ah, was that the case? Besides, I never knew you were so enthusiastic about makeup and clothes."

"I'm not! It's just that I can't even go by myself properly..."

"I see, I see. If Shigure chooses me, then I'll accompany you as much as you want."

 

At my words, Shigure's eyes lit up and ran toward her friends while excitedly saying, "I did it!"

Apparently, they still had club activities to do. Shigure, who rejoined with her friends, shook her head and gestured in denial as they whispered her something.






Comments

  1. Last time it doesn't look like she was so much into mc though? She had good impression of mc at most. At least it was how it looked like for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me like 12 chapter to realize that the choice on the beginning of each chapter is the MC choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you understand that it's the other one, right?

      Delete
  3. Too late to apologize. I wonder if he even feels bad for what he did. And not just in that case, but in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His insistence on using the word "choose" kinda creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its to symbolizes that they are in a gal game. Because we choose what we do and reap the effects. This apply to real life too obviously.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14