Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C3

 

Volume 1, Chapter 3: A Couple Who Caught My Curiosity

 

 Have them wait here

  Go shopping together



After I got my father's permission for a quick side trip, I quickly moved on to my next course of action.

I changed my hairstyle and got contacts, but this wasn't enough, so I decided to buy all sorts of necessary items.

 

"Huh, there are all kinds of cosmetics for men these days."

 

I felt sorry for Riku, but I had to decline his invitation.

I had to maintain my appearance. There was no point if I just returned back to my old self soon.

Was this enough for people around me to notice? I didn't think that I would be able to change my impression that quickly, but if I could keep at it, I was sure it would eventually.

 

I threw in the shop basket hair waxes, facial cleansers, and more items that were pricier than the last.

Simply because it was expensive, I acted on the assumption that it must be more effective than the cheapest...but then almost all of them ended up being returned to the shelves.

 

"―― This one. I think this might be better for your kind of hair, Ikuto-san."

 

Next to me was Koudzuki-san, dressed in same style she was in yesterday.

When I asked my mother for some allowance to shop, she asked me what I wanted to use it for, and I answered her honestly.

I wondered what happened. She sent Koudzuki-san along with my allowance.

 

"The next president of Earth Road Pharmaceuticals shouldn't decide what’s good or bad based on the price, okay?"

"Right..."

 

As expected of an adult woman. I was amazed that she had such a deep knowledge of men's cosmetics as well.

Was it because it was similar to those for women? Or was she seeing a lot of those for men more often?

 

"By any chance, does your boyfriend use a lot of these?"

"Ikuto-san is trying to ask if I have a boyfriend...right?"

 

She saw right through me. As expected of my mother's right hand, what a very skilled secretary. I should reply honestly here.

 

"Y-yeah, I'm curious about that, too."

"I have no intention of having a boyfriend until Ikuto-san becomes the president."

"Eh...um, is that okay? That's too far in the future..."

"Well, if it came down to that, would you take me?"

"O-of course! If you're okay with me."

"Fufu. I'm set to marrying a such a man, then. I look forward to it."

 

...Right, pretty sure she was just joking. I guess she said it in a way as to not hurt my feelings.

I wasn't sure how long it would be before I would be the head of the company. It wasn't even sure if it was given that I would be the next president.

I was jealous of the person who would become the fated of this wonderful woman. Nevertheless, the shopping date with her continued with a peaceful atmosphere until it end.

 

――――

――


After shopping, I turned down Koudzuki-san's offer to take me back and took a stroll.

I just felt like I wanted to take a walk... Although it was a distance that might make me regret a little, I tried convincing myself that it would be a good exercise instead.

Besides, I thought that the hustle of the city was nice to see every once in a while. The shopping district, which I didn’t often visit, was teeming with young people.

 

"Looks like there are a lot of couples here..."

 

I never had a girlfriend ever in my entire life. I never tried to have one, so it was no surprise.

I wasn't popular that women would clamor over me even if I was quiet. Obviously, I had never been confessed to.

I could study and work out, but I was indifferent to my appearance. A guy who wasn't ambitious, no hobbies, and wasn't interesting to talk to...such a guy would never be popular.

Well, I guess those were the things I decided to change.

 

"Hm? That couple..."

 

As I was looking around, not feeling jealous or anything, but I was wondering what kind of couples there were around, and my eyes were drawn to a particular one.

I didn't know why they caught my attention, but I couldn't take my eyes off this couple.

I couldn't tell much about the guy because I could only see his back, but the girl looked pretty cute...and I couldn’t help but think that I'd seen her somewhere.

 

While I was looking at the couple dazedly, something happened. The guy left the woman and went somewhere.

It didn't look like they had broken up from a fight, though. The woman didn't seem particularly bothered either, and began to check if her face was messed up using a small box she fished out of her pouch.

Perhaps the man went to the bathroom?

 

Huh? I'm pretty sure that girl is...

 

I tried recalling some vague memories and racked my head trying to remember...and I did.

 

She was a kouhai at my school.

How did I know? It was because, just like Hareyama and Azumi, she was also pretty and very popular, and people had heard about her even without intending to.

However, similar to Hareyama and the others, I had no interest in her at all. It was strange that I had no feelings for such a cute girl.

 

Did that girl have a boyfriend?

 

I was curious.

Until a few days ago, I would have had no interest in her at all. It was a shame that she had a boyfriend though, I thought to myself.

 

I guess if she was that cute, why wouldn't she have one...hm?

 

As my eyes were still locked onto her, I saw two pompous guys approaching her.

They looked like they started talking to her, but I couldn't hear their voices from where I was.

But I could see that she gave off an awkward smile and looked uncomfortable. It seemed as if they weren't friends nor acquaintances at all.

 

"Um...I ―― waiting for someone ―― "

"―― girl? She should come, too ――"

"Come on ―― just this once is fine, right?"

 

As I casually approached, I heard bits and pieces from their conversation.

From what I could make of the situation, it seemed like they were trying to hit on her. I could understand why they would try to pick up someone that cute, but didn't they care about being seen in public at all?

I wonder if a guy that short was a college student? It was such a bizarre scene with these two men surrounding her.

 

"No, it's a guy..."

"A guy? Why would he leave you alone?”

"Rather, why don't you leave that guy who just left you? Come play with us, instead."

"No, please stop."

 

...Was this for real? Those men, they started pulling to get her to come with them.

She obviously didn't want to, but the men ignored her and grabbed her arm.

 

No no, that's definitely a crime.

 

Despite all this happening, the people around me were indifferent. There was also no sign of her boyfriend going back.

I could understand the mentality of not wanting to get involved because somebody else might do something about it.

I too, would have acted the same way if I was a stranger.

 

"―― You guys, what are trying to do to her?"

 

Yes, it was me, a complete stranger from her point of view, who approached these frivolous men, and not her boyfriend.






Comments

  1. Although I expected it, that woman is pretty blunt. Ikuto harem'd her before the other heroines. So far, it is developing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming he's some random npc in some dating sim who's gained some self awareness out of nowhere, perhaps instincts from previous life got him? maybe another player was controlling him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14