Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C4

 

Volume 1, Chapter 4: Ex-Girlfriend's Name Is a Taboo

 

 Ignore

  Worry about the situation

 

 

"―― Hey, what are trying to do to my girlfriend?"

 

Knowing her onesidedly, I took action to help her who seemed like she was in a bind.

I inserted myself between her and the men, and wrinkled my eyebrows as if to show my displeasure.

At the same time, she shook off their arms that were grabbing on to her.

 

"Eh...um...?"

 

Behind me, I could sense her confusion.

From her perspective, this might be another case of getting hit on...or something like that.

 

"What? Are you her boyfriend?"

"Yeah, now hurry along if you understand."

 

If they left with this, it would be great. Frankly, I didn't think it would work out that well.

To those who always tried to push things this far, I didn't think they would back down just because a boyfriend, who might or might not be real, showed up.

Just some guy who was simply thinking of being nice and flirt with a girl. Wasn't this what these guys thought of themselves?

 

"You're joking, right? Your timing was too good."

 

Well yeah, it definitely was perfect timing.

 

"Trying to look cool, aren't we."

 

It was indeed true that I wanted to try and look cool.

In any case, it wasn't like these guys had any proof.

Maybe iff I could persuade them a bit more, they might leave in a matured manner.

 

"Doesn't really matter... Shall we go, then? Uh...Hanako."

 

Damn, I couldn't even remember her name.

 

"Um... I'm Airi."

"...I see. Hanako was my ex-girlfriend's name."

"You're the worst."

"Sorry. Let's just go."

 

I didn't hold her hand so as not to scare her.

I urged her to start moving, and she probably thought I looked better than these guys anyway, so she followed my lead and started walking away.

 

"Wait, don't screw with me."

"You said Hanako, you bastard."

 

I thought this situation was settled when she followed me, but they still stopped us.

The duo surrounded us and blocked our routes. Even if this was a game of picking up girls, I would have won, so could the losers please go away now?

 

"I wasn't lying. I’m a second-year at Shisui Academy and she's a first-year."

"Ah..."

 

If I told something real, the less chances there were of being exposed. I phrased it that way because I wanted her to be at ease as much as possible.

Like I thought, once she learned I was her senior at the same school, she inched closer to me.

 

"I don't give a damn about your school!"

"You're being a pain now, move away!"

 

I thought it would work this time, but the men again resorted to forceful means.

They grabbed my collar and became violent. Perhaps frightened by all their actions and shouting, she went behind me and hid her face.

 

"...You can't just grab a guy who's learning aikido by the chest."

"Wha...? Ah...urgh?!"

 

He grabbed me by the shirt and didn't do anything, so I just twisted the man's hand and flung him to the ground.

I wondered what to do if he actually hit me, but if he stopped with just that grab, then it was fine.

He was caught by surprise, but it shouldn't have hurt much, and he felt like someone strong enough.

 

"W-what the hell are you doing?!"

"Ah, you only amount to this. So, are you still going to insist?"

 

I never thought I would ever get to use aikido on a normal person. My grandpa told me that aikido wasn't very useful in real fights.

Which was why I also learned karate, but I might hurt someone if I didn't do it right.

It wasn't a very good way to protect girls. They might get scared of you instead.

 

"Tch, bastard..."

"Enough, let's just go."

 

The men left, cursing as they patted their bodies.

For now, this should be over, right? People around us were starting to scatter, and sooner than later, none would remember all this commotion.

Her boyfriend still hadn't come back, and if I had left her alone, she might really have been taken away.

 

"See, it's all fine now, Hanako."

 

When I turned around and took a look at her again, she really was too cute...no wonder she was so popular.

 

"L-like I said, I'm Airi... Senpai.”

 

Her brown, bobbed hair suited her well, which gave her a somewhat childish appearance.

She was the kind of kouhai that made you feel protective of her, perhaps because of her gentle atmosphere and short stature.

 

"By senpai, you're referring to me?"

"Aren't you a senpai at school? Earlier, you said Shisui Academy..."

 

I see, she definitely was cute. If she made such a shy, upturned look and said, "Protect me", any man would definitely nod their head.

Well, this time I protected her even without her asking me. Although,  I did feel guilty about trying to pretend I didn't know her even though I did when she was in trouble.

 

"I'm probably your senpai... By the way, your name is Airi..?"

"Y-yes?"

"Family name."

"Ah, it's Shigure. Shigure Airi."

"I see. So Shigure, I guess your boyfriend should be back soon, so I'll be on my way."

"M-my...boyfriend?"

"I won't be going around telling everybody about it, so don't worry. See you later, then."

"U-um! Thank you, Senpai!"

 

I might be misunderstood by her boyfriend if he saw me like this, which would be too pitiful of a scenario.

Shigure must have made an effort to make her voice loud enough to be heard as I walking away, and I was thinking about how nice it was to be called senpai... While I was preoccupied with such thoughts, I headed home again.

Initially, I wanted to walk home, but now for some reason, I wished I took that ride instead.






Comments

  1. Thanks.

    This guy emanates massive chad energy here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoh, interesting... Thanks so much for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comical chad scene! Not very rare, but not common either. However, it is good to find every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter! Good guy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14