Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2 SS 2

 

Volume 2, Side Story 2: Bad Selection ~Snow and Rain~

 

 

I ran away from that place I was feeling uncomfortable with and went back to school.

It was quiet today since there were only a few club activities ongoing and none of the usual shouting.

 

Now then, where's Hanae?

 

When I left the classroom with Umi and the others, Hanae was seated in her chair, unmoving.

Maybe she was just killing time, but if that was the case, that would mean she didn't have anywhere to go.

I changed my shoes at the shoe lockers and headed towards the classroom, although when I sent a message to Hanae, and even tried calling her, I didn’t get any response.

 

"Oh? That's Tendou-senpai!"

"Hmm...? Ah, our managers..."

"Higashimori!"

"Nishibayashi."

 

Higashimori and Nishibayashi, our club managers, approached me.

They might have had club activities since they were wearing their gym clothes, but I thought there should be nothing to do today.

 

"Did the soccer club have any activities?"

"No, no one is here today."

"We were preparing for the practice game."

 

Just like they said, there was a practice game with another school scheduled on Sunday.

Players only needed to ready themselves, but the managers seemed like they had a lot to do.

 

"...Shigure's not here?"

"I think she'll be here in a little while."

"...More importantly, Tendou-senpai. Are you perhaps interested in Airi?"

 

While grinning slightly, Higashimori asked me this question.

To say I wasn't interested would be lying, but that wasn't the reason why I asked.

 

"I think she's cute, but..."

"Right! That's why, we'll be here to support you!"

"Support?"

"What do you think the reason was that Shigure became a manager?"

"...Because she likes soccer?"

 

Rather, was there anything else? I didn't think it because she liked working for others.

 

"Airi was so interested in Tendou-senpai that she applied to be a manager!"

"...Really?"

 

I didn't feel anything of the sort from her, but if the two people who were always with Shigure said so, then it might be true.

It was a good feeling to be told that someone liked you. Especially coming from a cute girl like Shigure.

 

"Well, she mentioned nothing to me."

"But I'm pretty sure it's true."

"That's why I purposely left you two alone when you went shopping the other day!"

"She thanked me that time, too. She said she made good memories."

 

So that was the case. As I recalled, these two girls said they couldn't come because they had some urgent business.

But good memories...? I didn't remember doing anything in particular. If anything, she even turned down my invitation to hang out...

 

"Well, that's why I'm asking for you to please take care of our Airi!"

"Please be nice to her! Now then Senpai, please excuse us!"

 

The pair then hurried into the school building at lightning speed.

But, Shigure being interested in me...huh.

Feeling my heart flutter a bit, I went inside too and looked for Hanae.

 

It was after I headed inside and was walking down the hallway.

From the other end of the hallway, I saw a familiar face walking towards me.

We weren't that close enough to stop by and have a conversation, but I didn't want to just ignore the other party, so I gave a nod.

Then unexpectedly, the person did halt in their tracks and spoke to me.

 

"Good afternoon, Tendou-kun."

"Good afternoon too, Tateyama-senpai."

 

Walking in from the opposite side was a third-year student, Tateyama-senpai.

Tateyama-senpai was the vice president of the student council, and I have met him several times when I went in to help Yukinaga-senpai.

He was good-looking enough to be rumored to be a match for Yukinaga-senpai when standing next to her, being characterized by his stylish glasses.

 

"You haven't been playing around in the student council lately, have you?"

"Playing... I was there to help, in case you were wondering."

 

Well, I didn't know if I was useful. At least, it seemed to me like Tateyama-senpai saw it as fooling around.

 

"Hahaha, just kidding. But really, you haven't visiting, right?"

"...Seems like it."

"Did something happen with the president, perhaps?"

"Um...well, there might have been."

 

It was a fact that I did make Yukinaga-senpai unhappy.

I hadn't formally apologized yet, but what should I even say in the first place?

In terms of sincerity, the kind of apology might make a difference. Was it better to show it in action?

 

"I see. But it should be fine, you're the president's favorite."

"Yukinaga-senpai's favorite...? Me?"

"Yeah? Because you're the only outsider Senpai speaks to."

"I didn't realize that..."

 

I assumed Senpai called out to me because I looked free to her or that she had found me as someone who could help her.

But then again, it could also be anybody else. If, just like Tateyama-senpai said, I was the only person she talked to, then it meant I was someone special.

 

"I don't know what happened, but do make up quickly and visit again."

"I understand, then I’ll ask for your help."

 

After I said this, Tateyama-senpai left with a satisfied look on his face.

The fact that Yukinaga-senpai thought of me as special made my heart dance even more.

I turned my feet towards the classroom, feeling elated.

 

 

"...Not here."

 

I came to check the classroom shortly after all that, but there was no one in sight, let alone Hanae.

I had no idea where Hanae might have gone to. Maybe we passed by each other.

Either way, there was no point in staying here, so I tried calling her again, but she still didn't answer, even when I did message her to call me back.

Maybe that errand she had to do was somewhere outside the school, and now I was in a situation where my hands were tied at the moment.

I didn't know what she had to so I could only speculate, but in any case, I was here to stay.

I left the classroom after sending a text to Hanae.

 

A short walk after I left the classroom and around a split in the hallway.

As I turned the corner, I saw a familiar back.

Beautiful, long, black hair and slender arms and legs. It was definitely Yukinaga-senpai.

Where was Senpai headed? I thought it might the student council or the staff room, but none of those were in the direction Senpai was going.

 

―― Wait and see

 

I thought about calling out to her, but then I remembered I had a delicate situation with Senpai and stopped myself.

Senpai might not think anything of it anymore, but I decided it wasn't good to meet her in such an unprepared state, so I waited to see what would happen.

 

After walking for a while, Senpai stopped. It was neither the student council room nor a particular classroom...but the stairs in middle of the hallway?

I wondered what she was going to do in such a place, but it seemed like Senpai was having a conversation with someone.

I hid myself in the corner of the hallway and observed.

Why did I hide...I completely lost the chance to call out to her and I didn't know what to do.

So, I hid myself like some kind of stalker and kept watching her, and it looked like she took out something and handed it to someone else.

 

So, you could make an expression like that, too...

 

The face Senpai had after she gave out whatever it was, was something I had never seen before.

Just when I was thinking that somehow her face lit up like a kid, she then blushed and showed a somewhat ashamed expression.

I never saw this side of Senpai. I was very curious as to who could make Senpai be like that.

 

"Please don't treat me like a child!"

 

While such thoughts were racing inside my head, I heard a slightly louder voice in the direction where Senpai was at.

But that voice wasn't Senpai's. Rather, it sounded familiar.

 

No way, Shigure? But why would Shigure be yelling?

 

It was indeed similar to Shigure, but the Shigure I knew never spoke that loud.

Even during club activities, it was only Higashimori or Nishibayashi doing the talking, while Shigure could be seen doing other things.

There was no reason for Shigure, who was considered to be somewhat of a mascot, to raise her voice like that.

Yes, or so I thought.

 

"P-please wait, Ikuto-senpai!"

 

It was indeed Shigure.

Shigure, with a flustered look on her face, grabbed a guy's hand...Jimichi Ikuto's hand and blushed.

Yukinaga-senpai was holding the opposite. She looked the same as usual, but of course, this was also the first time I ever saw her holding another guy's arm.

 

W-why is it Jimichi?! The three of you knew each other?! No, more importantly, what are you doing?!

 

The position I was in barely made me able to hear their conversation, so I had no idea what they were talking about.

My brain made guesses based on the expressions from Senpai and Shigure, as well as the puzzled look on Jimichi's face.

No matter how you looked at it, the situation seemed like they were fighting over Jimichi Ikuto.

 

Why do you look like that? Didn't you like me? Weren't you guys interested in me?

 

I could feel dark emotions rising to the surface. Most of all, the fact that the other party was Jimichi Ikuto had a big impact on me.

 

 

―― Ring.

 

The sudden notification from my phone calmed me down.

At the same time, Yukinaga-senpai spotted me, so I hurriedly fled.

As I did, I took out my phone and found out it was from Hanae.

 

Hanae: Sorry, Susumu-kun. I didn't notice your call... Right now, I'm with eveyrone from the class.

 

I received a message from Hanae with excellent timing. In a way, I might have been saved.

It seemed like we really did cross paths. Even though it couldn't be helped, I had to say something to her to make myself feel better.

 

Susumu: What's the point of a phone, then? Even if you did have something to do.

Hanae: Sorry...(´Д)

 

I was reluctant to go back alone to that recreational center that wasn’t in the least bit nearby.

The scene from earlier also made my vision hazy.

I went straight home after I called to let them know I wouldn't be returning.




TN Note: Title this time is a play on Yukinaga's and Shigure's name. Also, he had two girls who supposedly liked him. Talk about an all time fumble.

One more thing. There might be days where I won't be able to post a chapter because I'm too busy with studies, so I apologize in advance for that.


Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter
    Take care of your studies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new chapter! Good luck with studying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, like seeing a clown cracking jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a speedrunner. He just closed 2 routes and is already diligently working on the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty sure he’s already out of routes. The first one was for the true ending which is probably the harem ending and when he turned down the nomination for sports committee our mc said this guy was out of routes and that was the last turning point.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14