Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2 SS 8


Thanks to Dan for the donation! Sponsored chapter 1/2.


Volume 2, Side Story 8: Bad Selection ~Too Late~

 

           

I finally found Yukinaga-senpai, one of the two I was searching for.

It seemed that she was with Tateyama-senpai, and they were discussing about something, so I decided to wait in silence.

However, just when I was about to do so, the topic shifted to the matter about Yukinaga-senpai's phone.

Senpai had already changed to a new one. She was supposed to find one with me, and I was going to choose for her.

When I saw Yukinaga-senpai holding the phone in her hand with all smiles, I couldn't move.

 

"Is that case a gift?"

"T-that's right."

 

It was the first time I ever saw a blushing expression on Senpai's face. I wondered if the same was the case as well for Tateyama-senpai, who also seemed like he was slightly surprised.

There was doubt that Yukinaga-senpai was happy with the gift.

I thought of giving her a present, too. If things had gone a bit different, that smile would have been for me.

 

"Hahaha. I've never seen that look on the president's face before."

"Please don't tease me..."

"Was that possibly from your favorite person?"

"Eh, um. Well, sort of."

 

I didn't give her anything like that.

Did she think that telling the truth would be troublesome, and just lied appropriately? But Senpai said she hated lies.

 

"But he hasn't been coming lately, has he?"

 

That was the case. It had been a while since I had helped out with the student council for a number of reasons.

 

"He did, though?"

"Eh?"

 

Eh? No, I never met up with her.

Yukinaga-senpai, you said you hated lying, but you did so yourself quite a bit.

 

"Was he helping out a bit recently? I don't remember seeing him around..."

"He was here the other day... Oh, I haven't introduced him to you yet."

 

Hadn't introduced? Certainly, I was not yet properly introduced in front of the student council members.

Although, I did remember being introduced to at least Tateyama-senpai. Was my memory mistaken?

 

"...President? Your favorite is Tendou-kun, right?"

 

My heart pounded on my chest. Although I heard the case indirectly from Tateyama-senpai, this was going to be the first I would get to hear it from Yukinaga-senpai's mouth.

I took in a deep breath and waited for Yukinaga-senpai's words. After all, there was a difference between hearing it from the person herself than from someone else.

And then, Yukinaga-senpai uttered those words.

 

"―― Eh? That's not the case."

 

Huhhh?!?!

 

Yukinaga-senpai said clearly that it wasn't me.

Without any hesitation, she calmly continued her words.

I could only listen silently in shock.

 

"Or to be exact...now, he isn't?"

"...Did something happen with him?"

"Nothing like that. I just found another favorite of mine."

"Haa...can't let him hear that."

 

They probably didn't even realize I was listening.

Tateyama-senpai was a bit taken aback, but he seemed unconcerned.

Her other favorite...who was it? Was it him...? No, I didn't even want to consider that.

 

"...Well, he's something a bit more than just a favorite."

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing in particular."

"I see. By the way, is the president's favorite perhaps ――"

 

At the same time as Tateyama-senpai was about to mention the name, I rushed away from the meeting room, not wanting to hear it.

I cared, but I didn't to want to listen, even though it bothered me. I didn't want to admit it.

Once again, I turned my eyes away from reality, dreaming of becoming Yukinaga-senpai's favorite again.

 

――――

――

 

From that point on, I kept walking mindlessly and when I noticed, I was at the shoe lockers.

Perhaps the matter with Yukinaga-senpai just now was too much for me, my heart subconsciously wanted to go home.

It was then when I was thinking about things that didn't make sense.

 

"I'm really pissed! What's with his attitude!"

"W-well. He might have been busy."

 

Reika's and Hanae's voices could be heard.

I couldn't see them, but the fact that they were here meant that they were planning on going home.

I had the desire to look for Shigure, but I might as well give up and go home with them.

I could either proceed with searching for Shigure, or I could just apologize to the both of them and leave together.

 

―― Search for Shigure

 

Like I thought, I should look for Shigure.

I'm sorry, both of you, but I couldn't just leave Shigure alone right now.

If nothing was done, Shigure would definitely quit.

I am the only who can convince her to reconsider. Thinking that, I left the shoe lockers.

 

After confirming that Shigure's shoes were still there, I headed towards her classroom.

I already arrived when I realized I should have just waited silently at the shoe lockers to meet up with her.

I opened the door, wondering about what I should do if we passed each other again.

Then, located inside was Shigure seated in her chair, filling out something.

 

"S-Shigure. Can I have a word?"

"Eh, Tendou-senpai...? D-did something happen?"

 

Shigure, surprised, stopped writing and turned to face me.

Her expression was tense, so I spoke to her without getting too close.

 

"Hey, Shigure. About the matter of being a manager..."

"..."

 

Shigure somewhat looked uncomfortable with her eyes darting around.

To react that way meant that she was still thinking of resigning.

 

"Quitting...I don't want it."

"Um..."

"I don't want Shigure to quit. Everyone on the soccer club feels the same way."

"..."

"Sorry for all those bad things happening. From now on, I'm going to change and show it by my actions. That's why..."

"...Why now...of all times..."

 

I couldn't hear her faint mutter.

Shigure's expression was distorted, as if she was pained and wanted to tear up, and when it looked like she had decided on something, she finally spoke up.

 

"...Sorry, Senpai. I made up my mind."

"..."

"I was worried. But now I'm determined. I going to quit the soccer club."

"..."

 

Her tone was clear, which was unusual for Shigure.

She showed the strength of her determination, and it felt like she wouldn't change her mind in the slightest.

 

"And the reason I was worried wasn't because of the soccer club or anything, but because I just wanted to run away from my guilt, which was also a lousy reason itself."

"Guilt...?"

"I was wondering I was too~ irresponsible. But when he told me that it wasn't the case, there really wasn't any left — any reason for me to continue."

"Told, by who..."

 

Without answering my question, Shigure took the paper on her desk and stood up.

I saw a part of it, and it was a resignation form.

 

"I'm going to submit this now. That's why I'm sorry ―― and I don't know anymore."

 

Shigure smiled at the end, radiating a cute and bright expression

I didn't want to just let go Shigure like that, so I said something uncool.

 

"W-why can't I ask you of this?! I'm the reason Shigure applied as the manager, right?!"

 

Perhaps startled by my shout, Shigure stopped her feet and stared back at me, shivering.

 

"Um...what are you trying to say...?"

"T-that...I heard from Higashimori and the others. The reason why Shigure became a manager was because you were interested in me."

 

I said it. So lame. Even though I knew that, I couldn't help but say so.

But the next moment, I was put into an even more lame situation.

 

"Uh...it wasn't because of Tendou-senpai, though? The senpai I was interested in..."

"...Huh?"

"Um...it's Togawa-senpai. Togawa Umi-senpai."

"Umi...?"

 

In my head, I saw the face of my friend, the good-looking ace of the soccer club.

This guy was certainly popular. No wonder Shigure was so interested in him...wait, that wasn't the point!

What the hell was this? This was just ridiculous. I...was just a stupid idiot.

I relished the moments where I was told she liked me and consoled myself.

 

"Well, about that...I quickly became disillusioned."

"..."

"And now, I have another senpai I'm interested in...because he's completely different from the senpais on the soccer club."

"..."

"To be honest, he was the one I consulted about this manager situation."

"...That guy is..."

"Ah, please keep it a secret! Sorry Senpai, please excuse me."

 

Before I had time to process if she was ever that energetic, Shigure ran out of the classroom.

I leaned against the wall of the classroom, unable to move for a while.

I was acting like a clown. What was even I doing?

I fell out of position as Yukinaga-senpai's favorite, and I also mistakenly believed I was the person Shigure was interested in.

Where did everything go wrong... Nothing came to mind.

 

―― Give up already

 

I couldn’t' keep doing this.

It didn't matter whether I apologized to Senpai nor tried to convince Shigure.

 

――――

――

 

I couldn't stay in a first-year classroom forever, so I dragged my heavy feet to the shoe lockers.

I didn't know what to do next, and trudged on absentmindedly.

From the other side of the dimly lit hallway, people were approaching, letting out happy noises along the way.

I immediately knew who the voices I just heard belonged to.

 

"Jimichi, you..."

 

It was a clear as day. About who Senpai's favorite was, and the person who Shigure was interested in.

In front of me were Mutsuki Yukinaga and Shigure Airi, their arms linked around Jimichi as they leaned on him.

He was the one favored by Senpai and the one that caught Shigure's eye.

I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this at all. I couldn't even stop thinking about that particular exchange the three of them had earlier.

 

―― Why was this even happening.

Reality finally hit me. Somewhere in my mind was expecting, but I had discarded those thoughts as if to shrink away.

However, there was no denying anymore.

What a sight. Why those two, of all people?

They were special to me. Because I had been aware of them, and because I was close to them.

Why weren't they next to me, and why weren't those gazes directed at me.

 

Even if I did wonder about those, it was too late. Even if I reached out to them, I probably wouldn't be able to catch their attention anymore.

It wasn't just at the level of being interested or curious.

Their facial expressions, attitude, gestures, and atmosphere that I had never seen before. More than anything, their eyes were those of a girl in love.

There was no room for me to enter.

 

―― However, I didn't like it.

That was the next thing I thought. I lost two people, and Jimichi the opposite.

And then, I remembered a conversation I had with Jimichi not so long ago.

Lose. That was what Jimichi-said, if I recall.

Did he mean losing these two people? How did Jimichi know such a thing?

That should have been obvious, because this guy did something.

Because of him, I could no longer be Senpai's favorite, and Shigure had to quit as a manager.

Right, everything ――

 

"―― So it was your fault?!"

 

I lost everything because of him. He stole them from me.

It was all his fault. If it wasn't for him, things might have turned out differently.

When I thought so, things became a lot clearer. My mistakes, misunderstandings, misery, ridiculousness.

―― It wasn't my fault.

 

"This route won't continue anymore. Try another one."

 

That Jimichi was expressionless and started saying incomprehensible things again.

I was finally getting angry. I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved.

Jimchi Ikuto was an enemy.

I wasn't going to listen to this guy.




Extra chapter because I missed one yesterday.

Also, there was a somewhat important author note, but I'm too lazy to translate, so here is the summary.

The reason why Shigure's friends mistook Tendou as the guy she liked was because of the first shopping earlier. Remember Shigure said that she called others first before Tendou. She called Umi, but it didn't go well.

After that, Shigure also said she had a good time. Shigure didn't explicitly tell Higashimori and Nishibayashi (although they knew she became a manager because she interested in a senpai), so they assumed it must have been Tendou she was interested in..


Comments

  1. I know it's the entire point of the series but... Damn he's incompetent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I belive that this is fault of someone that is controlling him

      Delete
    2. Hes just a self centered idiot. Idc if anyone is actually controlling him hes just dumb.

      Delete
  2. This is no longer funny, it's sad. If he were a little less pathetic and he spent a bit more time on reflecting, I would feel pity on him. However, he reaps what he sow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihihihi a clown in their habitat

    ReplyDelete
  4. This guy is an Incel paradox, he is involuntarily celibate but at the same time his player is voluntarily choosing for him to become celibate, to be or not to be an incel, there lays the question

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guy just wants an achievement for the worst ending.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14