Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2C10

 

Thanks to Yuechan for the donation! Sponsored chapter 3/3. I’m finally done. Someone praise me. My fingers hurt. ( °Д °;)

 

Volume 2, Chapter 10: Shigure Airi's Confession

 

  Give up

Continue search

 

 

After the verification work done in the gym, we went to the classroom where the other committee members were at.

The facilitator was Tateyama-senpai, and on the whiteboard next to him were written the various events that would be held at the festival.

 

"Thanks for the hard work. How was it?"

"There weren't any major problems. I'll put it all together in a document you could look over later."

 

Yukinaga-senpai answered Tateyama-senpai's question. We sat down on an empty seat at the far end of the table.

As soon as we did, I heard a voice from Tateyama-senpai.

 

"Good job, both of you. We are almost done here with the meeting, but I would like to hear your opinions. Any suggestions?"

"N-no. Nothing in particular..."

 

Shigure immediately responded. At the same time his eyes shifted to me, I took a look at the whiteboard.

A good number of events were decided, ranging from major to minor. I didn't think there would be anything more to add to this, but the girls' eyes were shining in anticipation, so I answered bitterly.

 

"...Bread-eating contest, or something like that."

"Bread-eating contest..."

 

Tateyama-senpai added my suggestion.

I thought that since I gave out an idea, I could just stay quiet for now, but Tateyama-senpai continued.

 

"Then I'll you give you a question, okay? It will be a hot day at this time of the year, and I expect us to be under the blazing sun. Do you think it's safe to hang bread under such conditions?"

"Um...as long as it's not for a long time, it should be fine, right?"

"How about the hanging height? I think there are advantages and disadvantages to being short or tall."

"I suppose that's true of other competitions as well. If that's the case, why don't you just make sure all the participants are of the same height?"

"Then, what type of bread should we use?"

"What kind...how about just anpan?"

"Do they have to eat the whole loaf? Or just a bite? Can they run while eating? Or could they just suck on it?"

"You’re asking too fast...running is fine, but don't you have to eat everything? Running with bread in their mouth...only a transfer student would do that.

"Fuu... Then, suppose while running in the hot weather, with no water. I wonder what I'll do if I get it stuck on my throat~."

"...What's up with that triumphant look."

 

Could it be that he was taking revenge on me? If so, then he was a senpai who held grudges.

But yeah, maybe he was inviting me to a battle again. The once defeated...I would make them pay for their sins.

 

"But Tateyama-senpai. Don't you want to see the sight of Shigure or Yukinaga-senpai next to you, desperately trying to eat the bread with their mouths flapping?"

"Muu... Let's consider bread-eating contest because it might be safer."

"I won."

"You're too formidable~."

 

Shigure's face turned red from the attention, while Yukinaga-senpai had blue streaks on her temples.

After the meeting, the two were very angry.

 

 

――――

――

 

 

After the meeting to decide the events ended, I was approached by Shigure.

 

"Um, Ikuto-senpai. Do you have a moment?"

 

Shigure had a serious look on her face, as though she had something on her mind. I had nothing particularly special to do, and I couldn't refuse when I saw the look on her face.

I said my goodbyes to Yukinaga-senpai and Tateyama-senpai who were still discussing some things after the meeting, and left the room with Shigure.

 

We went out the school building, which was now less populated, and arrived at the courtyard. We sat down on a comfortable bench and I waited for Shigure to speak.

Soon after, Shigure slowly began.

 

"...The position of a manager, I was thinking of quitting that."

 

With her eyes downcast, Shigure started talking.

At first, she was interested in a certain second-year senpai, and conveniently, her friends Higashimori and Nishibayashi were also planning to become managers for a similar purpose, so she took advantage of that and applied as well.

However, it had only been a few months since she became a manager, and she already grew tired of it.

It was different from what she imagined. That person was different from who she imagined. The people she cared about, both senpais and classmates, were too much.

She didn't necessarily hate the job of being a manager, but she was starting to hate the fact that she was doing it for those people.

 

"Still, they're too irresponsible. I can't believe they would throw me out for that reason..."

 

Higashimori and Nishibayashi were apparently already planning to quit. They informed their advisor of their intention just the other day.

Shigure was hesitant out of a sense of responsibility, but honestly, it wasn't difficult to imagine what would happen if those two quit while Shigure was left alone.

 

"Senpai. I don't know what to do..."

 

A fragile smile that looked as if it would break at any moment. She seemed like she was forcing a smile, perhaps trying not to worry me.

I smiled kindly as I could, patted Shigure's head and spoke.

 

"First of all, you did a good job, Shigure."

"Uu...Senpaaai..."

"Don't cry. This senpai is going to continue saying good things in the future."

"Ahaha, okay."

 

Wiping away a few spilled tears, Shigure finally showed me a smile.

After confirming that she calmed down, I continued.

 

"Before I start, the most important thing is what Shigure wants to do. The final decision has to be Shigure's."

"Yes."

"On top of that, I've only lived a year longer than Shigure, so let me say something appropriate..."

"...yes."

"―― Quit."

"Yes...eh?"

 

Perhaps she wasn't expecting to be told that directly, Shigure looked surprised.

 

"If you're going to be so stressed with such a pained look on your face, and you don't seem like you're having fun, then just quit. I don't want to see you like that."

"..."

"It's not irresponsible or anything. The manager had good intentions, and those good intentions that Shigure had were trampled on."

"But if we quit...then everyone on the soccer club..."

"It's self-inflicted retribution. They get what they deserve, so make them regret a little."

"I-is that so..."

 

Shigure still looked lost. She must have a strong sense of responsibility even after having been neglected to such an extent.

I would probably have quit in three days. Everyone should prioritize themselves first.

It was a wonderful thing to be able to think of others at the expense of oneself. But there was no need to sacrifice without anything in return, more so if abused.

 

"Shigure is too honest...or a very good girl, to put it in other words. I think it's fine be a bit of a bad girl, you know?"

"A bad...girl?"

"Just say you don't know anymore, and you don't want to keep doing this. Who, and for what did Shigure become a manager for? Isn't it for yourself?"

"I don't know anymore..."

"Why don't you say it in a louder voice? It's refreshing. 'I don't know anymore, you dumb soccer club.'"

"...I don't know anymore...I don't want to do this anymore!"

"More, more. No else is around, so it's all good."

 

It was a good time to rile up Shigure. I shouldn't tell her that there were still some students left inside the school building, even if the surrounding was unpopulated.

Shigure looked a bit lost, but perhaps after having come to a decision, she stood up and took a deep breath.

 

"I don't want to be concerned with you anymore!! You dumb soccer club!!"

"Wait, I'm getting a bit embarrassed, so can you lower it down?"

"I-I thought Senpai said to yell in a loud voice?!"

"Ahaha, you got a good look on your face. You feel a bit better now, right?"

 

After saying this, Shigure shyly buried her face in her hands and sat back down on the bench again.

A while later, Shigure looked up, and although her cheeks were stained with vermillion, she looked like she was over it now.

 

"Ikuto-senpai, thank you. I have decided."

"I see."

"I am so glad I consulted with Senpai."

 

If it was for my cute kouhai, and if I was able to help her, then I was satisfied.

I got up to leave, but Shigure stayed seated. She looked me in the eye, and somewhat timidly, she looked at me from top to bottom.

 

"Um, Senpai. Remember when I said I had a favor to ask of you...?"

"...yeah."

"You forgot, didn't you?"

 

Shigure's eyes had a look in them as if she wanted to say something. I couldn't remember, or rather, I had completely forgotten about it.

I switched to an attitude as if to urge her to say whatever she wanted, and I took a posture to listen to Shigure's request.

 

"That...I want to become a manager."

"...Hm? Are you going to become a manager of another club?"

"T-that's not it! I want to become a manager for Ikuto-senpai."

"...I see."

 

What did that mean? I immediately thought about the meaning of whatever Shigure said.

I wasn't involved in any club. Shigure must have known that, so I didn't think she meant that she wanted to become a manager of the club I was in.

 

"U-um, Senpai...?"

"Wait a minute, I'm searching for the meaning."

 

Manager. A manager was a person who managed or operated an organization or helped everyone reach their full potential toward a certain goal.

In other words, my goal, which was to create a cure-all, and she was going to assist me in achieving that goal?

 

"Is Shigure going to join Earth Road Pharmaceuticals and also live with me and take care of my needs?"

"N-not sure about that leap?! But...that might be a good idea."

"Ah~, but I already have one. Someone who takes care of me."

"...Huh?"

 

I was scared. Shigure, who had been somewhat flutter-y, became Hannya in an instant.

This little girl apparently had a demon. Would a bad joke ruin you?

 

"W-well, joking aside...that's something I'd seriously consider two years from now."

"Two years...? After Senpai graduates? I can't wait that long~."

 

I knew what Shigure was trying to say. It was like saying she wanted to be my exclusive manager.

―― But then again.

Even though I did hear Shigure's...passive remarks, I didn't think about responding to those.

However, what was I to do if Shigure did ask me clearly and wanted an answer?

Either yes, or no. Even so, I couldn't decide right now.

 

"But it's not a good idea to have response for now. Because it’s useless even if I did get one."

"..."

"That, even though it's cowardly, I'm going to appeal more from now on! Please be prepared, okay? I'll see you later, waiting for your response..."

"...Got it."

 

There was no sign of the scaredy little animal she was when we first met. She was red up to her ears, but she never took her eyes off me.

She was such a strong girl. I would be lying if I said I wasn't aware of her, but I clearly felt a liking for Shigure now.

 

"Then Senpai, thanks for today. That, um...I l-love you."

As soon as she finished, Shigure ran off without waiting for a response.

I was happy that girl such as her liked me, and that she was willing to show her fondness, but I couldn't help but feel somewhat lost.





Comments

  1. Thanks for the translation! So shigure is going to manage his harem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation~
    Ahahaha, she would manage the harem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another way to say I'll make you miso soup every day.
    Also, praise the TL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a Go-Home Club manager isn't a bad idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Get another one and the title Harem King will be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see how the author is gonna execute this. I hope I wont get disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14