Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V2C9

 

Thanks to Yuechan for the donation! Sponsored chapter 2/3.

 

Volume 2, Chapter 9: The Convenient Gym Warehouse

 

Look for them

  Go back with Hareyama and the others

 

 

Today was the second meeting of the sports festival committee.

The committee members were told that the meeting would take place after school, so that basically we wouldn't get crushed on weekends.

If something happened, I heard that the student council would take action.

However, as soon as we gathered for the second time, I immediately thought that my off days were going to be ruined.

 

"―― So, that’s why? Would you mind going out with me on Saturday or Sunday?"

"I-I'm coming, too! I'll help!"

"You're not needed. We don't have that much to buy."

"I'll go with Senpai, then? I'm sure the president must be busy."

 

I was currently at the gymnasium with Yukinaga-senpai and Shigure.

This was to check for supplies to be only used at the sports festival, and for other things as well, like check for damages.

 

"I'm not that busy, so I'll be fine. Besides, it should go smoothly if I am the one to go."

"...Then, why don't you just go alone?"

"What did you say?"

"No, it's nothing."

 

Naturally, I volunteered for the manual labor jobs, but apparently, there weren't many to begin with.

Checking and buying supplies that even normal students could prepare. That was all there was, to put it clearly.

The busiest part was using them to actually prepare for the festival. However, those were said to be done by the executive committee.

In other words, there was only so much I could even if I give it my best.

 

"In the first place, why are you here? Me and Jimichi-kun is enough."

"What are you trying to say?! In the first place, it was me and Ikuto-senpai who were volunteered for this job."

 

Checking the equipment for the sports festival. I took the initiative and applied for the position, but it was a mistake.

I was told later that one or two people were enough for the job.

If I waited a bit more, I could have been in an air-conditioned room by now thinking about what events to prepare.

 

"I was worried that you guys wouldn't be enough. That's why I decided to go instead of you, Shigure-san."

"...Even though your eyes sparkled when Ikuto-senpai applied for the position."

"Did you say something?"

"No, not really."

 

Shortly after I applied, Shigure also did the same. It should have ended there, and the equipment check was to be done by me and Shigure.

As we were walking down the hallway towards the gymnasium, Yukinaga-senpai chased after us.

And now back to the present. The two of the only argued, not making any progress on the work.

 

"Hey, the two beauties over there, isn't it about time you helped me out?"

"Oka~y."

"It can't be helped."

 

This was a change. Shigure made a happy face while Yukinaga-senpai looked a little bit less than that.

Leaving them to check the details, I inspected the suspicious white powder used to draw the lines.

 

 

"President. What is this rubber band for?"

"That is used for the proof of ranking. First place is gold, second place is silver, and third place is bronze."

"B-but it's a bit faded..."

"Then, we'll have to purchase it again. Check it off the list."

 

I heard them talking. The stormy atmosphere they just had was completely gone.

Or rather, what was that proof of ranking they were talking about? That might be good for the athletic people, but those who could only get fourth place or below were miserable.

Since it was the total class score that was being taken into account, why did we have to compete individually?

Yeah, that's right. Last year, I didn't get a single band. I remember I was so embarrassed that I tried to make one to look like bronze.

For that reason, I proposed to Senpai a sports festival that everyone could enjoy.

 

"Why don't we try something else this year?"

"Something else...what kind? Safety pins, and something like those are no good, okay?"

"Let's see~... How about, 300 grams of weight for the first place, 200 for second, 100 for third, something like that."

"W-weights? That's just a penalty..."

 

By doing so, the guys at the top would lose performance, and the guys at the bottom would have it easier to win.

It was a good idea on my part. So much so that once I got back, I would make a proper proposal.

I didn't know anything about being equal.

 

"No good, it's isn't safe."

"T-that's right! It would be dangerous if you hit others or fall."

"...Then, first place gets a 300 grams bag of sand ――"

""―― No.""

"Then, 300 grams of Styrofoam."

"That, it's still quite a lot."

"Senpai, I heard that you were smart..."

 

The two of them looked like they were seriously disappointed.

I thought it wasn't such a bad idea. I couldn't talk back if they put safety first.

I turned away from them and went back to work.

 

"...Then. 300 grams of ――"

""―― Stop it already!""

 

 

――――

――

 

"―― There we go."

 

Sweating slightly, I finished most of the checking.

No major equipment was damaged. We confirmed that they could be used for the sports festival without any problems.

Some of the small supplies that the two people in the back were in charge of were needed to be purchases. But it didn't seem like a huge quantity was needed, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I turned towards the two who were still working.

 

"Hmm...? I wonder if it's stuck?"

"Mutsuki-senpai? What's wrong?"

"Airi-san. Sorry, but could help out a bit?"

"Ah, yes."

 

When did they start calling each other on a first name basis? Girls were so quick to close the distance.

It was when I was approaching them that had me thinking. An indescribable feeling of uneasiness came over me.

 

""One, two~.""

 

They pulled out a small box. When I saw that, I ran out.

 

"Ah, the starting pistol..."

"Oh, we can use this ――"

"―― Watch out!!"

 

The larger boxes stacked on top looked unstable to me.

The moment the small box was pulled out, one of the larger ones started falling towards them as it lost its balance.

 

""Kyaa?!""

 

I held them as quickly as possible to protect them.

The next moment, I felt a shock to my head.

 

"Ow ―― or not. What the, it’s light..."

 

What came out of the box were decorative items used at sports festivals and other events.

I didn't realize how light it was. I felt sorry I startled them by shouting so loud.

But thinking about it calmly, why would they place heavier items on the top? I was such in a hurry that I didn't notice such a thing.

Well, it was better for it to fall on me than on the two of them.

However, a bad thing was still a bad thing.

 

"Are you two okay? More importantly, you shouldn't pull things forcefully."

"Y-yes...sorry."

"I-I'm fine..."

 

Shigure trembled slightly, perhaps because she got frightened, and Yukinaga-senpai was bright red, maybe she got too surprised.

Still, I had to be tough here. If it had been a shot-put ball or something, it would have been difficult even for me to protect them with my stubborn head.

Well, there was no such thing as a dangerous gym warehouse.

 

"Overhead checks are basic, you know? Even if it was difficult to see from that position."

""Y-yes...""

"Be careful, okay? Somebody told me earlier that safety is important."

""Y-yes...""

"...Are you listening properly?"

""W-we're listening...""

 

Were they really? They didn't make eye contact, and they were fidgeting.

Well, I didn't know how you'd react being embraced suddenly by someone of the opposite sex, but this was an emergency, so please forgive me.

 

"M-more importantly, are you okay, Jimichi-kun?!"

"Senpai, you were hit hard, weren't you?!"

"I'm fine, it was light. I'm glad you two are okay."

""Ah...""

 

I urged the two of them to continue their work while they blushed again.

This time, I helped right next to them. But they kept glancing at me and asked how I was doing, so I couldn't make any progress.

Well, I wasn't in any hurry, so I worked nonchalantly, feeling their eyes on me.

 

 


"Airi-san. I got excited earlier..."

"Right? He's too cool..."

"He was amazingly sturdy..."

"I was very relieved..."

""Haa, what should I do...""





Comments

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14