Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 2


Thanks to Rain Missakara for donating! Sponsored chapter 3/4.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 2: Bad Selection, Broken Heart ~Cloudy Sky~

 

 

Next Saturday.

Just like last week, I had club activities in the afternoon, so I decided to have lunch with Umi before proceeding.

I was planning on staying at Umi's house tomorrow, so I wasn't going to do anything important after club.

 

"What do you want to eat?"

"Let me see~...the usual?"

"Do you go somewhere else once in a while?"

"Even if you say that..."

 

It was usually just fast food or fairly-priced family restaurants.

I was certainly attracted to the idea of going to other places, but there was also the risk of screwing up.

While I was thinking about this, Umi, looking around, pointed to a particular store.

 

"Look, doesn't that place look fancy? Organic...what does that mean?"

"Organically cultivated...maybe something like that?"

"I feel like trying that place out, how about you?"

 

―― Beef bowl with extra broth

 

",,,Let's stop. It looks expensive."

"Right~."

 

I didn't remember exactly what organic meant, but all I could think of was vegetables.

I was about to do club activities, and greens might not be a good idea. The name itself sounded costly in the first place.

Like usual, we went to a nearby chain restaurant and had cheese beef bowl.

 

――――

――

 

"―― Then, see you tomorrow, Susumu~."

"Yeah, see you."

 

After club activities were over, we confirmed our plans for tomorrow and I parted ways with Umi.

With the retirement of the third-years, we shot straight up to the top, so we practiced a bit differently than usual.

Feeling moderately fatigued, I headed home, too.

 

And, it was when.

I thought I saw a beautiful girl coming out of a flower shop, but upon a closer look, it turned out to be an acquaintance of mine.

 

"R-Reika...right?"

"Hmm? Ah, Tendou. Don't scare me."

 

It was Reika, after all.

She had a different feel to her than usual, probably because of the bouquet of flowers in her hand.

I was thinking she was well-dressed, but I never knew she was such a beautiful girl.

 

"...What?"

"No, uh...somehow, you're different?"

 

When I said this, Reika's eyes unusually widened in surprise.

It was only for a moment, and she quickly changed into an expression where not much could be seen.

That Reika, she looked at my eyes with a mischievous smile to her.

 

"Heh~, so even a rock like you could notice? So, what's different about me?"

"Y-yeah, so..."

 

She simply looked prettier than usual, but was there something more special about her?

I stared at Reika, scrutinizing her appearance thinking that there was no way I could have missed something, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Was I actually not paying attention to Reika that much?

 

"...Huh, don't tell me you don't know?"

 

Make no mistake, she would definitely get angry if I got it wrong.

 

―― Accessories

 

"T-the ribbon...?"

"Huh?"

"No, I mean that ribbon...it looks good on you."

 

Now that I thought about it, I didn't remember her ever wearing a pretty ribbon to tie her hair up.

As for the other accessories, I did remember seeing them... For now, the only thing I identified with confidence was the ribbon.

 

"Well, I definitely didn't use ribbons before..."

"R-right? It looks really great!"

"Are you complimenting me? I feel flattered, but I don't know."

 

What was it? Looking at Reika, it didn't seem like my answer was wrong, but that smile might not have been because of that.

I had the impression that she was feeling shy, like it was smile for someone who wasn't here... I wondered why I thought of that.

 

"What else? There's more, right?"

 

I thought I saw Reika with a somewhat expectant look on her face.

It seemed like accessories wasn't wrong, but it wasn't the right answer, either.

It was difficult to spot what changed from a girl. There was only one correct answer, and it was the one they wanted you to notice.

Even considering all the obvious ones, it was all wrong aside from that particular one.

 

―― Hairstyle

 

That ribbon reminded me of something.

Her hair, all tied up, had a different style to it than usual.

This was the first I saw her put up side-tails. The change in hairstyle was definitely a big one, no doubt about that.

 

"It's your hair, right? First time I've seen it, but it looks good on you."

"Hairstyle... Well, it is the first time I've shown it in front of Susumu."

 

First time in front of me...? So, you mean that you wore this style for others except me?

I couldn’t understand.

For the time being, it wasn't a wrong answer, so I had no choice but to complement her about that.

 

"That hairstyle suits you."

"But you like it straight, don't you?"

"I like it straight...? Where did you hear that?"

"Huh?! So, you were just saying that randomly?!"

 

I stepped on a landmine! A true explosion, and in an instant, her expression went into maximum angry mode.

Speaking of which, I might have said that last year when I had just gotten to know Reika.

And now that I thought about it...Reika might not have used to have straight hair.

Wait...so she changed it because I said I liked it straight?!

 

"Because of you...I feel like an idiot."

"Ah, no! I like them straight! Um..."

"...It's fine, it’s my own fault for assuming."

"R-Reika! Wait!"

 

Seeing Reika leave with a disappointed look on her face, I rushed in to stop her.

As you'd expect, it was bad. I couldn't just leave Reika as she was, who was giving off a different vibe than usual.

Then, Reika stopped and turned around.

At that moment, I noticed a small object reflecting the sun's rays.

 

"...What? I have somewhere else to go."

"Sorry I didn't notice! Um...Reika was just too beautiful that it slipped my mind..."

"...It's fine already."

"But...ah, r-right! It's not meant as an apology, but I have something I'd like to present Reika next time!"

 

That accessory I spotted earlier reminded me, and I raised my voice without minding.

I was going to tell her I was looking at her properly, too.

 

"I-I don't need it. What do you mean not an apology..."

"You've been wearing that earring for a long time, haven't you? I don't remember seeing anything else."

"..."

"So, I wanted to give you something better...something more suitable for Reika."

 

When I said this, Reika relaxed her lips slightly and let out a laugh.

For a moment, I was relieved to see that smile. But what came next knocked those feelings to the ground.

Why, why were you smiling so sadly?

 

"Ahaha...really you...―― you’re just completely different."

"R-Reika...?"

"It's fine, I understand. I know now that he's special."

"He...?"

"So yeah, see you back at school. ―― Bye."

 

Reika's expression that time left a deep impression on me.

Light was gone from her eyes, and it seemed like she was looking at something she had no interest in.

Her gaze was quickly moved away from that thing that didn't matter to her.

Reika took her eyes off me, turned around, and started walking. This time, when I called out to her, she neither stopped nor looked back.





Comments

  1. Man, don't you hate it when the visual novel options are like "Beef bowl with extra broth". This is one of those times when I can't really blame him from making the wrong choice. I mean, unless you can see the future then that's not really his fault.

    I can't make excuses for everything else though lol Those ones are just him being a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, with the power of load&save, those obscure choices are easy. It is what make real life "fated" love story hard.

      Delete
  2. Poor guy... Imagine always pick a wrong choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those curious as to why the earring comment seem to make her sad, I know I was, I re read some of the earlier chapters, and V2C2 was where I got my answer.

    She wants Tendou to notice her. It's why she's asks Ikuto for makeup/style advice. Its why she wear her hair straight instead of a side tail at school and seemingly has a different appearance outside of school. But she's unsure if she's making the right choices because in stereotypical romcom/harem protagonist, Tendou either didn't notice or say anything. Before this chapter, not once did he say anything remotely complimentary to her.

    Before this chapter, there was a shot he could've kept the Reika route, but made all the wrong choices. She was disappointed yes after the hair convo, but what really burned that route was the earring comment. The earrings that were complimented by Ikuto in V2C2. She obviously liked those earrings, and finally gaining the attention she wanted from Tendou, he said they weren't good enough. He basically said that the effort she put in to making herself beautiful and to his taste was useless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're close but not there. The story behind those earrings will be revealed in the near future chapters! Wait for it!!!

      Delete
    2. may be the earrings is the gift he gave her and he alr forgot about it, or from her family member, i guess

      Delete
    3. I've not read further ahead yet, but it is hinted in the previous chapters that "some one important" gave the earrings to Reika and she ONLY ever wears that pair of earrings.

      She also made a comment like "Daddy and Jimichi are the only ones who called me cute..."

      I think that the earrings are a present from her father who is now deceased based on the two above hints.

      Delete
    4. You’re right and wrong. Like others said, the earrings were stated by our mc that it was given by someone close to her and means a lot to her, while here he insults them as not being good enough for her. The game protag noticed the earrings were always the same, but he only looked skin-deep while our mc saw her as not so shallow and was able to tell that the earrings meant something to her.

      Delete
  4. Damn, I feel like you would need a guide to get the answers this bad in a VN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does tend to feel like the "player" is going for the bad end route specifically. Probably to get those last CGs not on the good routes.

      Delete
  5. I am not an expert on women, but even I wouldn't mess up like him. Even without the choices he can't take a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this point, Tendou should just end up with his friend, Umi lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't even simple negative rizz this is like the outerversal version of negative rizz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the "bros before hoes" route, except he's still trying to go after hoes on the side. Careful, or you might even lose your bro Umi at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bro's rizz so bad that it went below negatives in what was supposed to be the integer limit and somehow still went further down without reaching positives

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14