Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C3.5


Volume 3, Chapter 3.5: Isn't this Wrist Scrunchie Cute?

 

Hairstyle

  Cosmetics

 

 

After that fashion show, we visited the floor where cosmetic items where located.

Maybe because this was her priority, Azumi seemed a bit more excited that before.

 

"Let's start by learning how to care for our skin."

"Yes! Akane-san!"

"The correct way to remove makeup, and the care that follows, is extremely important."

 

Looking from aside, they looked like close sisters.

The older sister, Koudzuki-san, spoke with a gentle smile, and the younger sister, Azumi, listened in with a twinkle in her eyes.

 

"If your skin gets better, so will your makeup. Don't be lazy and do your routine well."

"Yes!"

 

As the younger brother, I could only silently follow them from behind.

I felt like I was helping out in a small way by taking care of their baggage and such, but honestly, they didn't need it.

 

"By the way, Ikuto-san's household skills are poor, but he seemed to be diligently performing the routine care I taught him daily."

"So that's why he looks disgusting!"

"He used to have grown his hair out. He looked kind of unwell when he did."

"Really?! That's disgusting!"

 

They sometimes brought me up as a topic of conversation, as if they were trying to include me in.

Most of them were snarky remarks, though.

Or rather, it seemed like Azumi was talking and acting as if she was worshipping Koudzuki-san.

 

"This is the lotion I always use."

"I see. Azumi-san is young, so your skin has a lot of tone to it. Then ――"

 

After that, Koudzuki-san continued to inform about cosmetics and explained why she recommended it.

After checking their budget as well as other things, they decided to purchase several items.

Then, they moved their feet towards the makeup section.

 

"I hear that guys have been increasingly wearing makeup...how about you, Ikuto-san?"

"Why don't you try learning, too?"

 

That was what they said, but it was a bit uncomfortable with only women around.

Makeup seemed profound, and it would be bad if I went about it poorly.

 

"I'm good. I'll just kill time around here."

"Is that so? I feel kinda bad."

"I don't mind. See you later, then."

 

Leaving them, I went around the perfume section and other sections I was interested in.

A while after that, I went to back to check on them several times, but there were no signs of them finishing soon.

As a result, I went around looking at things I wasn't even interested in to waste time.

 

――――

――

 

Since it wasn't going to end soon, I entered a coffee shop alone to kill time.

I knew it would take long, but I didn't expect it to be this much.

However, just as I was about to finish my drink, I got a call from Koudzuki-san.

 

She contacted me, and I rushed immediately to where they were.

There, was Koudzuki-san holding several bags, and Azumi, who was unusually fidgety.

 

"S-sorry to keep you waiting..."

"..."

"S-say something."

"...B-beautiful."

 

It was really a shock, I didn't expect her to change this much.

Only a faint makeup was applied, was most of it naturally from her?

I'm full-on wearing makeup! I thought it would be something like that, so it really caught me off guard.

Anyway, she looked pretty. The word I originally meant to say were gone.

 

"W-why don't you say it jokingly like earlier...it's somewhat embarrassing."

"I'm surprised. You seem more beautiful and mature."

"T-thanks..."

"Oh, dere mode."

"...Shut up, idiot."

 

Hmm? I thought she was going to deny it like earlier, but she just looked away in embarrassment and spat out a retort.

Was she...genuinely acting a bit dere? Something like this, it was like a child standing up for the first time. Very emotional.

The growth of the child must be documented. I immediately took out my phone.

 

"What are you trying to do? I won't forgive you if you take pictures without permission."

"Here, Azumi."

"W-what's this?"

"A present. I bought it because I thought it would look good on you."

 

I didn't really expect her to silently let me take a photo of her. I was going to give this later to her, but I should take it out now.

I had Azumi accept the lightly-wrapped bag with my phone on the other hand.

 

"I can't accept this. You've been treating me well so far, and now you're even giving me a gift..."

 

“How about letting me take a picture, then? I'll make the beautiful Azumi my wallpaper."

 

"...J-just one, okay?! And don't use it as your wallpaper!"

 

Azumi accepted the gift and even posed a bit, going along with the momentum.

I stared at the slightly red-cheeked Azumi through the lens, and I genuinely thought she was pretty.

 

"H-hurry up. I'm getting embarrassed."

 

We were certainly attracting a bit of attention. It would be get pretty embarrassing as expected, so I quickly snapped a picture.

―― Snap, snap, snap, snap, snap.

 

"Wha?! Didn't I say only one?! Why are you taking a bunch of pictures?!"

"Sorry, I'm not good with phones. I'll erase it later."

 

I should save everything for the time being. It would be ridiculous to throw these all away.

After that, I took one photo of Koudzuki-san as well and moved to a cafe to take a break.

 

――――

――

 

"―― Ah...cute."

 

We headed to a cafe, where Azumi opened my present as she took her drink.

There wasn't anything particular inside, just a cute ribbon.

I chose it because I thought a fashionable girl like Azumi would be able to take advantage of it in many ways.

 

"Personally, I like girls who wear wrist scrunchies."

"H-huh? Why all of a sudden?"

"When I said that to the store clerk, I was told that I was way out of fashion."

"No, well...hm~m..."

 

It was cute, and I liked it.

When I was told it was out of fashion, I lost interest in buying. I wondered why they were even selling it, then.

So, I decided on a ribbon, even if it was somewhat of a safe choice. I spent a lot of time choosing the design.

 

"H-how is it?"

"Ooh, it looks good on you. As expected of me."

"The base itself is also good."

"I won't deny that."

 

Azumi, who used the ribbon to tie her hair in a side-tail, happily smiled when she said this.

Koudzuki-san also agreed, and it made Azumi even happier.

 

"Then, here's one for Koudzuki-san, too."

"Me as well? Thank you."

 

Of course, I also prepared a gift for Koudzuki-san.

Even though it was her job, she had to deal with a lot of things, and above all, it was thanks to Koudzuki-san that Azumi was so happy.

 

"Are you really sure you don't have a girlfriend?"

"No, no, never did."

"Kinda hard to believe..."

 

I didn't know why Azumi thought so, but it couldn't be helped since I didn't have one.

There were two girls who had clearly expressed their likeness for me, but nothing really happened after that.

 

"What do you think? Does it look good?"

"Anything looks good on Koudzuki-san."

"I-it's beautiful, Akane-san!"

 

I gifted Koudzuki-san with a pair of earrings. They were cheap enough that I feel sorry for the mature Koudzuki-san.

 

"Thank you. I'll take good care of it."

"It's not that expensive to be taken good care of, though...'

"Earrings too, of course, but I was referring to Ikuto-san's feelings."

 

Hm~m, mature indeed. The faint sense of guilt that I had because I could only afford a cheap gift was instantly blown away.

I could use this phrase, so I should keep it in mind.

 

"I think it's good~. I might have wanted earrings, too."

 

Azumi said with a mischievous look on her face.

What were you even saying when you had been happily touching that ribbon since a while ago?

 

"Because those earrings you wore is quite a favorite of yours, isn't it?"

"Eh...w-what?"

"I've never seen you don any other pair, even though other accessories you wear change a lot."

"...You've been staring at me too closely."

 

It didn't seem to be from a brand name nor a luxury item, and considering it was Azumi, I could tell it was a favorite of hers.

Perhaps ――

 

"―― That was a gift from a very special person."

"I knew it. Don't try arguing with me if you can’t win."

"But still...isn't that creepy?! How much were you paying attention to me?!"

 

Azumi said that, but I couldn't see any disgust from her somewhat happy expression.

And maybe it was after this? Somehow, I could feel Azumi's attitude towards me had softened.

 

It was difficult to present a gift to someone, but seeing Azumi and Koudzuki-san complimenting each other's gift made me truly glad that I did.

After that, we parted ways with Azumi who said she had somewhere else to go, and we headed home.





Comments

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14