Gave Everything Up - V1C16


Volume 1, Chapter 16: Childhood Friend

 

Manato and I had grown up together ever since we were little. To be exact, since before elementary school. It was a relationship called a childhood friendship, something special and different from others. I was content with that.

Because when I was a kid, I liked him as just a 'friend' I could play with.

 

But it gradually developed into a different emotion. My heart began to be stirred with Manato's every comment and action. For example, when he said, 'You look good in that dress,' it warmed my heart, and when Manato would tug on my hand as we went out to play, it would tighten.

 

At the time, I was still in early elementary school. I didn't understand what this feeling was myself. But later on, I would soon hear people around me talking about how much they liked that person or how cool that person was.

One girl even said she was in a relationship. It was phase where everyone was getting into that kind of stuff. I was one of them. By then, I was aware that Manato was a special boy to me, someone different from the other boys.

And I probably understood what that feeling was.

 

When I became a middle school student, I met that person. Harasaki Yuki-senpai. When I was new to my middle school environment and got tangled up with third-year senpais, Yuki-senpai appeared in front of me and helped me out. He was so cool back then that I fell in love with him at first sight.

It was funny, because I thought that Manato was that special boy to me, yet all I could see in my eyes was Senpai.

 

I started to actively talk to Senpai in order to get to know him better. I didn't know why, but Manato was often at his home. Why was that?

 

And then, as I got to know my Senpai better, I liked him even more. He was cool-looking and had a good personality. He was always at the center of his class. I also liked his star quality that attracted people.

 

That's why I confessed to Senpai. But Senpai had a girlfriend. I was rejected so easily. Yet I wasn't as sad as I thought. Why? Oh, right. I liked Manato. That's why I wasn't sad when I found out Senpai had a girlfriend. I realized that in my second year of middle school. And then, I started to take Manato around with me. Come to think of it, didn't Manato had a younger sister? I remembered the three of us playing together when I was little. Well, I didn't really care about that either way.

 

And now, as a high school student, I journeyed to and back from school with Manato.

 

"Manato, I found someone I liked."

 

That was you.

 

"Oh, is that so."

"Yeah."

 

Did you notice?

 

"He's always there for me, and I can always count on him. But he always goes off somewhere dangerous, and I can't leave him alone."

 

I said it! This could only describe Manato! I showed him my reddening face.

 

"...Uhuh..."

 

But Manato was somewhat absentminded. Why was that?

 

"...I hope things work out with him."

"...Manato?"

 

What did he mean?

 

"I just remembered I had something to, so I'm going home first."

 

"Huh? Ah, wait!"

 

...What happened?

 

 

The next day, I went to school with Manato just like I did yesterday. Then, someone approached me.

 

"Good morning, Sayaka."

 

It was Yuki-senpai.

 

"Oh, good morning! Senpai."

 

I said this without realizing that my voice sounded a bit eager. I had already been dumped once. Were we supposed to be awkward? Not really? Was what I would say. As proof of this, I consulted with Senpai about this matter with Manato. I respected him very much. So, it was only obvious that that way I would look at Senpai was with respect.

 

"...I'm going ahead first."

"Huh? Manato? Wait!"

 

While I was talking to Senpai, Manato suddenly said that.

 

"Manato's been kind of weird lately..."

 

What happened?

 

"Is he the person Sayaka was talking about?"

 

"Huh?! Um, that...yes."

 

I only told Senpai that I had someone I liked. So, today was the first time he had seen Manato. Even so, it was embarrassing to be asked that he was the guy I had feelings for...

 

"I see, then I hope those feelings of yours bear fruit."

"Yes! I'm sorry. I'm always asking you for advice."

 

I really hoped it would bear fruit.

 

"Don't worry about. It's a kouhai's request."

 

Senpai really was kind...

 

"As expected of Senpai. You have a cute girlfriend, don't you?"

 

I saw her once, and she was a very pretty senpai dressed in a showy outfit.

 

"Of course. No woman can match my girlfriend!"

 

When I heard that line, I could let out a bitter smile.

 

"Then, I guess I better get going soon."

 

I said that and tried to leave, but Senpai held me back.

 

"W-wait a minute."

"What is it?"

 

What's wrong? Thinking that, I turned back.

 

"Um, I want to ask you about something."

 

Senpai had a question? I wondered what it was.

 

"It's fine, but...what kind of question is it?"

"You know I have a girlfriend, right?"

 

Of course. Because he kept boasting about how cute she was.

 

"I know, but..."

 

I wondered what might have happened.

 

"Apparently she worked part-time, but she won't tell me where."

"...Why do you want to know where she worked?"

"That's because I want to go out and surprise her, you know?!"

 

This person was a bit strange...

 

"So, Sayaka. Why do you think she won't tell me?"

 

I wouldn't know about that. I guess I should say something for the time being.

 

"Well...maybe she doesn't want you to know that much?"

"...But I'm her boyfriend?"

"There are things I want to keep, even if it's my boyfriend."

 

I didn't really know.

 

"...So, it's like that?"

"It's like that."

 

I didn't really know.

 

And so, Senpai's consultation ended.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

There were some things that people didn't want to be known. Of course, I knew that.

But wouldn't it have been nice to have told someone close to you?

Right? Manato?

 

I happened to go shopping that day. And, I came across a used bookstore. And, I chanced upon Manato. By chance. It was really a coincidence. But it must have been inevitable. Manato was working part-time. With a girl. They seemed like they were having fun. I wasn't aware, you know? I couldn't believe that Manato was working part-time. And together with a girl, no less.

 

...

 

He had been keeping his distance from me lately, and he seemed cold. Why? For what reason? Did I do something? I didn't, right? And yet, Manato did all that. Why was he ignoring me while laughing happily with that person?

 

...

 

I see.

 


 

I might have made her a bit too crazy...



⸻⸻⸻ (ノ*ФωФ)ノ ⸻⸻⸻

TN Note:

Why didn't this girl just spell it out clearly... (ノ`Д)ノ

I haven't read in advance as of translating this yet, but do you think that girl Manato is with is Yuki-senpai's girlfriend?

Also, I will be uploading a schedule starting today. New chapter every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, for a total of four chapters a week.




Want more chapters? Please support me over on Ko-fi!

Comments

  1. She seems like she's got at least half a brain, kind of, so I'm suprized she didn't realize what he meant earlier. (when she said she liked someone)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name should've changed to gave but everything was fucked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She chose the senpai first. After she is dumped she remembers she always had a childhood friend. Bah! Taking for granted, huh. Though is something women do all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then she locks MC in her room where he learns he is truly loved by her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14