Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 5


Thanks to Thatbuckshot for donating! Sponsored chapter 1/5.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 5: Bad Selection, Broken Heart ~Change~

 

Tendou's POV.

 

 

Ah, this situation wasn't amusing at all, and I didn't like this. This was irritating.

I had never been to school in such a frustrated state. Everything was because of that thing earlier in the morning.

 

It was true that I might have made have been mistaken in my words, attitude, and actions towards Reika.

It was also true that I lost my temper said some harsh things towards her, and I might apologize for that later.

So, it wasn't surprising that Reika was uncomfortable with whatever I was doing, acting as if I owned her.

She was a strong-minded girl, and only a bit of thinking would lead you to the conclusion that she didn't like that sort of thing.

But what the hell was that? You, who disliked such actions, just went up and followed Jimichi just because he called your name.

 

At that time, when I saw the two of them with Jimichi together, my head was muddied with various thoughts and I couldn't think straight.

There was anger, jealousy, and hatred.

But in hindsight, the strongest emotion was probably anxiety.

I was worried. It was something that I hadn't felt since that incident with Shigure and Yukinaga-senpai, and this time might be the strongest it had ever been.

This feeling of unease, fear, and frustration that the two people I had always been close to were going to be taken away.

The fact that the other party was Jimichi was also important. He had a previous offense.

Based on his behavior so far, I was pretty sure that Jimichi was targeting the girls I was close with.

I didn't know why he was after me, but I was pretty sure he did something that made me lose or something.

 

As of now, Reika, who had been together with me for long time, was the primary target.

I didn't know what his plan was, but it was a fact that Reika was following him.

But these two must not have been together for long.

What was between me and Reika that he didn't, was the time spent with each other.

It was different with Shigure or Yukinaga-senpai. She had been by my side for almost a year now.

So, if it was Reika, I should still be able to make it ――

 

"―― Everything okay with you?"

 

When morning classes were over and it was time for lunch, I approached by Umi.

Incidentally, this was the first time Umi spoke to me ever since we entered the classroom.

I could imagine the reason why. The commotion earlier this morning must have caused some unscrupulous rumors to circulate.

What did they mean Reika dumped me, she wasn't even taken! They were making a big deal out of nothing!

Neither confessed to each other, and those two might not even be dating!

 

"What do you mean by okay?"

"You know, that. You've got a dark look on your face, and you're emitting an aura that was hard to get close to."

 

Because of the rumors, I was put into a bad mood and that had me thinking, so I must have had an atmosphere that didn't let anyone near.

Even Hanae didn't approach me today.

 

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"...About what?"

"Today, Reika never came here even once."

"?!"

 

Normally, Reika would come to me in between classes.

The times she didn't was because we had a fight, but that might not have been the reason why she didn't come today.

Even if we reconciled and things went back to normal, I had a subtle fear that she would never come back again.

 

"Well, the other party is Jimichi-sama~."

"...Jimichi-sama, you say. Don't screw with me..."

"Sorry, sorry. But you still have Hanae-chan, don't you?"

"..."

 

Hanae definitely chose me, and she went my way.

If it hadn't been for that, I didn't know what I would have done.

However, there was no doubt that the end result wasn't great.

 

"That's why, as a change of pace...let's have lunch for now ―― oh, great timing."

"...Huh? What ――"

 

When I followed Umi's line of sight, I saw Reika with a different atmosphere to her than usual.

Her hair was still in a side-tail, unchanged. I wondered when she was going to have it straight again.

Hairstyle was one thing, but what had changed even more was her mood.

How should I say this? I would describe it as...her exuding a feeling that I never felt back when she was with me.

Also, I had been wondering about this matter ever since we met at that time, but was Reika ever that pretty? She looked nothing close to before.

 

"Ah~, so, um~..."

"..."

 

Reika walked past me. She didn't even spare a glance.

Reika's eyes, which seemed somewhat nervous, were directed...at Jimichi.

I couldn't even call out to her. I was doubtful if she even recognized me.

All that was left for me was the usual scent of Reika that lingered on the air as she passed by.

 

"I-I have no idea how that happened."

"..."

"That's tough, huh? Not even anything left for you...all she had in her eyes was Jimichi."

"...Shut up."

 

Umi was right, she really looked like she only had him in her sights.

When Reika reached Jimichi, she talked to him, shyly playing with her hair.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about. After a short conversation, they left the classroom.

Just like before, she never looked at me. The only thing Reika had in her eyes was Jimichi's back.

 

"...Look, you should go have lunch with Hanae-chan."

"..."

"It was always the three of you...well, in any case, you should go with Hanae-chan."

 

―― Eat alone

 

Hanae, Reika, and I usually had lunch together, but I wasn't in the mood right now.

I prioritized my situation. I saw Hanae walking towards me, but I hadn’t thought about how she was feeling.

 

"Susumu-kun. I couldn't prepare lunch today, so why don't we go to the cafeteria?"

"Cafeteria... Sorry Hanae, I'll eat alone today."

"...Okay, I understand. I'll be going alone, then."

 

Forgetting that she chose me and went by my side, I refused Hanae who came over to talk to me.

Hanae didn't seem particularly disappointed. Normally, I thought she would have been a bit more pushy, but she backed down easily this time.

 

"You, I don't know what you're feeling right now, but you should be at least glad that Hanae came over..."

"...I just needed to think about stuff."

"Don't you need to act more before you think? No wait, that's wrong. You should think a bit more before you act."

"Even if you say that..."

 

It wasn't like I hadn't thought about it.

If I went together with Hanae, I wouldn't be able to help but notice that the other person, who was normally supposed to be with us, wasn't present.

Besides, if I went to the cafeteria, I might run into them.

That was why, even if it was just for today, I hadn’t thought that the idea of being alone was a mistake.

 

"You only think about yourself, you know?"

"That..."

"Why don't you think more about how they feel?"

"..."

 

Those words again pierced my heart.

Putting down what the other was feeling and pushing up only himself. This was probably why Reika left me.

If I kept on repeating the same thing, eventually, even Hanae...

 

"That won't ever happen...Hanae is Hanae...there might even still be a chance with Reika..."

"Just give up on Reika-chan! You're being too clingy."

 

It wasn't easy to let go. Besides, Reika had even gotten prettier recently.

I didn't know why I hadn't noticed it, but by the time I did, it was too late.

Now, I was starting to worry about Reika.

Those words that said something about losing popped into my mind, but I shook my head and wrote it off.

Not yet, I still haven't lost.





Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter! He really doesn't know how to cherish things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter.

    I hope Ikuto steals Umi as well. I mean losing harem hurts and all but losing a bro is worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't want to leave him even his friends, bruh that's brutal

      Delete
    2. Yeah the way things are going he’s practically lost even the last girl now, what with him constantly ignoring her

      Delete
  3. Umi is that handsome and popular male friend of the protagonist in galges/romcoms who's not interested in romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always set it up that way so there's no rivals. If the understanding, kind, sporty, handsome male friend was actually a regular highschooler and not their bro, he'd steal all the chicks from the plain MC. So they give him that non-threatening support role.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14