Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 6


Thanks to Thatbuckshot for donating! Sponsored chapter 2/5.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 6: Bad Selection, Broken Heart ~Like~

 

 

A few days since then, I tried various ways to try to talk to Reika, but to no avail.

At school, she kept on clinging to Jimichi that I couldn't approach her very much.

If only it was Reika alone, but Shigure and Yukinaga-senpai were often near him as well, probably because of the sports festival committee.

 

Susumu: I want to talk to you for a bit.

Reika: What.

Susumu: Can we meet?

Reika: Just message whatever it is.

Susumu: Whenever you have time. Please.

 

I looked back at our exchanges a few days earlier.

Feeling-wise, it should have been a rough period for Reika. That might be because I hadn't even properly apologized yet, so it couldn't be helped.

There were no replies since that last message. When I tried calling, she didn't even answer, let alone call back.

If possible, I would have liked to talk to her in person, not just through text. But if the other person herself wasn't willing, then it was tough to meet up.

If it was difficult to contact her, I would probably have better chances at school. Instead of waiting for Reika, I could act then.

I spent a casual off day thinking this. I kept on expecting her to call me up until I went to bed, but I never heard from her.

 

――――

――

 

The opportunity to ask for another chance had come. That said, I couldn't meet her as early as I could, no matter how much I wanted to.

Even if Reika came to our classroom in between classes or during lunch breaks, she would still head towards Jimichi's seat. Sometimes, she went to Hanae, but never me.

The only window I had was after school. I should hope that Jimichi was swamped with work from the committee today.

 

Yet somehow, things didn't go as expected.

It was right after classes ended, just as homeroom finished.

Several classmates left immediately. In their place, several people from other classes went inside instead.

It looked like they came to see their friends, but the problem was that Reika was among them.

Reika went for Jimichi without any hesitation. After happily chatting with Jimichi about something, she followed him out like usual.

Were they going to go home together? Had I been also robbed of that position?

And, that smile. I wondered if Reika was one to laugh so innocently like that.

 

"Susumu, should we head home together? I have a lot to buy at the supermarket today, so can I ask you to help me?"

"...Ah."

 

I couldn't talk to Reika again today.

If I forced my way in without minding the stares around me, I probably could, but that wasn't really a good idea.

I left the classroom with Reika filled with an unpleasant sensation, as if Reika was being taken more and more away from me.

 

 

"Is there something you'd like to eat?"

"No, there's nothing..."

"You say that, but you don't like eating vegetables at all."

"..."

 

Hanae continued talking to me about various things, but those didn't really register inside my head.

The only thing I could think of was Reika. If only I liked Reika back then, would this situation have ever happened...?

...Like? I liked Reika? But I didn't really understand what it felt to like someone.

Was liking her the reason I cared so much? Maybe it was because we were always together that I failed to notice, something like that?

No good. When I started thinking about it, I couldn’t stop.

 

"Also, Susumu-kun. I have to start studying for the make-up exams now...―― ah, Reika-chan."

"...Huh?!"

 

Everything I was thinking of was blown away, and I could clearly hear what Hanae said even though it wasn't even entering my ears.

When I checked the direction Hanae was looking at, I saw Reika playing with her phone as she leaned back against the wall of a public restroom.

There was no sign of Jimichi nearby. Could it be he went inside?

Maybe this was an opportunity.

 

―― Seize the opportunity

 

"Is she waiting for someone? Maybe...Jimichi-kun, perhaps."

"...Sorry, Hanae. I have something to do with Reika for a bit."

"Is that so? Um, I can wait?"

"No, can I ask you to go ahead first?"

 

It wasn't something I could about with Hanae around.

Of course, I was sure that Hanae had heard the rumors, so she might have known what kind of situation me and Reika was in right now.

 

"...Hey, Susumu-kun. I don't know if I should say this, Reika-chan is already..."

"...It's fine, just go ahead."

"...I understand."

 

Hanae, looking like she had something to say at the end there, disappeared into a nearby staircase.

I didn't follow her, but headed straight towards Reika.

Reika raised her line of sight from her phone to my direction, as if she noticed someone approaching.

However, her eyes quickly returned back, like she saw something that didn't interest her.

 

"...Reika, can we talk for a bit?"

"Sorry, I have somewhere to go after this."

 

When I spoke to her, she looked up, but there was no warmth in her voice.

I was bewildered by the changes that were so unimaginable just a few days prior, but I was too desperate to take advantage of this opportunity.

 

"I-it won't take that long, really."

"..."

"Please. I...have a lot to apologize for."

"...Got it. But you only have seven minutes."

"Seven minutes...? Why such a specific time?"

"Because that's how long he takes on average. Well, we're going to see my dad today, so he might take a bit longer."

"..."

 

I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about.

What I found out was that Reika revolved around Jimichi.

Why should the time she gave me even dependent on him? And what was up with that, 'going to see her dad', she said.

 

"And, so?"

"Can we change locations for now...?"

"...Okay. I don't want to be seen with you, either."

 

Didn't want to be seen. Those words almost broke my heart, but I tried not to think too deeply about it and kept myself together.

We walked for a bit and I faced Reika in a spot that couldn't be seen from the restroom.





Comments

  1. Yep dont know is the world itself but this guy tendou is beyond saving once again thanks for the chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always amazing how he makes the wrong decision every time

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was no choice like that before, maybe at this point no matter what choices he come up with, there is no way to salvage anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro... your pattern recognition skills suck absolute ass. You lost every single girl after the first one by focusing on what was taken and ignoring what you still had left. Now you only have one, and you still ignore it?

    ...That brainwashing too strong, I guess. It would be really sad if this was his true personality. But given that he never feels like any of his decisions are out of character...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to think that he hasn't really been influenced by the game since a while ago... I don't know what this says about his personality

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14