Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 7


Thanks to Thatbuckshot for donating! Sponsored chapter 3/5.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 7: Bad Selection, Broken Heart ~Loss~

 

Settle for something more different

  Let it stay just like it was before

 

 

We moved away from the front of the restroom, and now we were silent, neither of us saying anything.

I tried to speak, but I was at a loss for words when I saw Reika playing with her ribbon, trying to judge the situation.

But I didn't have much time. From the looks of it, Reika really felt like she would leave once time was up.

 

"...Hey, what do you want to talk about?"

"Um...first, I'd like to apologize."

"Don't just stay quiet like you were doing for a while now. You don't really have much time left, you know?"

"..."

 

Even if you said that, I'd like her to change her attitude a bit.

She didn't even try to hide what she was feeling, looking all uncomfortable and not bothering to look at me.

She didn't feel like having a conversation. Well, that might have also been because of the seeds I had sown.

 

"Haa...so is that all? You said you wanted to apologize, but I don't really care."

"N-no, please let me apologize properly! I'm really sorry for that time! I couldn't keep my cool..."

 

I hurriedly spoke up when I saw her sighing and getting ready to leave.

Those words were uttered in a rush, but they weren't really appropriate. I had to apologize from the bottom of my heart.

 

"I didn't consider Reika's feelings. I only thought about myself, and treated Reika like an object..."

"..."

 

Reika stopped in her tracks. This time, she looked at me in the eye and listened to what I had to say.

Those actions, words, and attitude were all wrong.

After that, I continued to apologize sincerely.

 

"...So now, you say you understand how I’m feeling?"

"Um...y-yes, I do."

 

Reika, who was silently listening all this time, suddenly asked me that.

The seriousness in her eyes was different than before, and I couldn't possibly say I didn't, even though I only understood a part of it.

 

"If that's so, I’m fine with this ―― and we're done talking about it. I accept your apology, and our relationship would be just like before."

"Just like before...?"

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to go."

 

Reika then started to leave again. I immediately thought about what Reika said.

The same relationship as it ever was? Did I understand how Reika felt? What did those serious eyes mean?

By 'just like before', did that mean where Reika was always by my side?

If so, then I ――

 

―― Settle for something more different

 

"W-wait! Reika!"

 

Reika, slightly startled by the sudden shout, halted her steps.

There surprise in her expression, but she didn't feel as indifferent like a while ago.

 

"W-what's with that shoud all of sudden?"

"Um...I, towards Reika ――"

 

We could go back to how it always was. That was fine, but I wanted to change our relationship.

It just couldn't be the same as before. It would be the same thing all over again...so something had to change.

My sights focused on Reika's feelings. Also, if it was the usual, it meant that that Reika must have been thinking a bit about me ――

 

"―― I like you! So, please go out with me!"

"No, I can't."

"Huh?!"

 

Reika responded with a surprised look on her face, her mouth the only thing moving.

I froze. I understood that Reika turned down my confession, but I didn't think she would give out an immediate response.

Reika had an apologetic expression on her face, as if to say she said that unconsciously.

 

"Ah, I slipped...but my answer won't change, sorry."

"W-why...?"

"Why, you say...I'll throw that question back, but why'd you think you could do that in this situation?"

"Because I thought Reika...was waiting for me to act..."

 

Reika was always by my side and wanted to do anything together.

It wasn't normal to do that with someone you didn't even like, right? I was even of the opposite sex, so she had to be conscious of that, wouldn't she?

But I didn't do anything, so Reika just left. But then, she said things would go back to normal...

 

"Like I thought, you didn't understand at all... I have someone I like."

"?!"

"That's why, just like before, I had wanted to remain friends with you."

"..."

 

I have someone I like. When she said this, one person's face came to mind.

In an instant, my heart was overcome with hatred. I felt like raising my voice and lashing out in anger, but I endured it, knowing that I couldn't very well do that to Reika.

I understood that Reika had been around him lately. But I couldn't believe that she clearly said she liked him.

 

"This is my fault. I'm sorry."

"...This..."

"I was with you for selfish reasons. I'm sorry I gave you the wrong idea."

"What's up with that..."

 

That was the reason you were by my side? The way you said that, it wasn't because you liked me?

A misunderstanding...you're kidding me. A misunderstanding all over again.

 

"...I don't think we can stay as friends anymore."

"..."

"Sorry. Then, see you later ―― Tendou."

 

I could only stare helplessly at Reika as she walked away.

At that moment, a guy walked out of the restroom. Reika approached him and said something.

That side of her with a cute smile on her face was never shown to me.





Comments

  1. Lol. The route was already broken but she was willing to remain friends yet him pushing made her break even that off. The way he's going I can see him losing even Umi as a friend let alone Hanae. Poor Hanae as well... I feel more bad about her than any of the others and we haven't gotten to her fully yet. I have a feeling Tendou is gonna try to force Hanae with the way he is now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, pathetic, and utterly disappointing. He did have an opportunity to mend a little bit of his broken relationship. And yet, he is just being selfish. It might be better to kill him, that's the only way to not face the Bad End. I feel it will be a living hell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14