Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 8


Thanks to Thatbuckshot for the donation! Sponsored chapter 4/5.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 8: Bad Selection, Broken Heart ~Ignorance~

 

Feel embarrassed

  Express gratitude

 

 

After being dumped by Reika, I had been living apathetically all this while.

I couldn't enjoy the sports festival that I'd been looking forward to so much, and it ended without anything in particular happening.

Contrary to me, he was looking like he was having fun during the event instead.

He was also flirting with Reika, Shigure, and Yukinaga-senpai. He seemed to have become the center of the class, and he brought enthusiasm to the whole festival.

I was confident in my athletic abilities and won first place in several competitions, but I didn't get much attention.

On the other hand, he was slow and sometimes dragged everyone down. But everyone just laughed, and that didn't seem to change their opinion of him.

 

The next upcoming event was the final exam.

Although I called it an event, it wasn't particularly fun or anything, and it was just something students had to do.

But most of the students in the class seemed like they were even looking forward for the final exams.

Apparently, that guy was going to take the lead again in organizing a study session. To my surprise, many people from Reika's class were also going to participate this time.

I had been invited too, but to be honest, I didn't really want to go.

 

"―― S-Susumu-kun...this...?"

"...You can use this formula."

 

Opposite me was Hanae, studying vigorously.

Hanae came to my house like usual, and with a tearful look on her face, she begged me to help her study.

I was relieved to see Hanae like that. She was the only who hadn't changed, and she was just like she always was.

Just like always...huh.

 

"...Hey. When did you start coming here? Since middle school, right?"

"...What's this, all of a sudden."

"No, I was just thinking it was kind of strange."

"..."

 

Hanae and I had known each other since we were kids. Although we didn't live near each other, we went to elementary, middle school, and high school together, and our families have had a close relationship.

However, my parents were always busy with work, so I hadn't interacted with them often.

 

"...I remember it was during summer after our first year in middle school."

"Ah, that's right, isn't it..."

 

Almost four years. Most of those time, Hanae was near me.

So, how were we before that? Back in elementary, and in the first year of middle school.

Memories of Hanae being beside me...I couldn't remember any.

It wasn't that we didn't get along or anything. Bu the only interaction between me and Hanae was during only in front of our parents.

Hanae suddenly came to my house, and started taking care of me on days when my mother was away for work.

 

"Did something happen then? That summer of that year."

"...Nothing, really."

 

I remembered that as soon after I started middle school, my parents were getting too busy with their work, and there was talk of leaving me in the care of my grandparents.

But ultimately, that didn't happen.

Because my mother cut back on her work to stay with me.

At that time, Hanae was already a frequent visitor. I remembered seeing her many times being taught by my mother how to cook.

Even though she did have her workload reduced, there were still days when my mother wasn't home because of her job, so it was very helpful that Hanae came to my house.

 

"My parents haven't really come back that often since I started high school, huh."

"...They must be busy at work."

 

Maybe because I was somewhat of a workaholic, I wasn't really spending much. I never thought about it, but we were probably rich.

As soon as Hanae became able to handle the household chores, my mother began to focus more and more on her work again, and she rarely came home these days.

 

"Thanks to Hanae, I can now enjoy the freedom of living alone."

"...'If Hanae is there, then I'm relieved,' was what your mother said."

 

If Hanae hadn't come, this situation wouldn't have been possible.  My mother must have trusted Hanae to take care of me.

Really, this was all because of Hanae.

 

―― Feel embarrassed

 

I thought I should express my gratitude every once in a while, but I got all too shy when I was about to say it.

I should thank her another time. It felt embarrassing to say it aloud, and most of all, Hanae probably enjoyed doing this.

 

"Freedom, huh. Sounds nice..."

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"It's nothing. What do you want to eat for dinner?"

"Let's see...well, I'll just go with anything."

"...I see, I got it."

 

――――

――

 

After dinner, I went to the entrance to see Hanae as she headed home.

She was coming back tomorrow, so all her study materials were left as they were. All day study session tomorrow...to be honest, I didn't really feel like doing that.

 

"―― Hey, Susumu-kun."

"What's up? You forgot something?"

 

It was when she was done putting on her shoes and was about to leave.

Hanae turned around and faced me with a slightly more serious expression on her face than usual.

 

"Tomorrow...is it okay to stay over?"

"Eh...do you really want to study that bad?"

"Well...sort of. Otherwise, I'm going to lose my summer vacation."

"...Are your parents okay with it?"

 

When she asked to stay the night before, I refused because I had another appointment.

This time, there wasn't anything special planned, and if she had her parents' permission, I didn't mind having her over.

 

"...Yeah, they did."

"I-is that so. Well, it's okay, then."

 

I was worried about Hanae's expression at that moment. The seriousness she had earlier was gone, replaced a somewhat gloomy look.

However, it was only for a moment. Returning to her usual listless expression, Hanae headed to the front door with her luggage in hand.

 

"....Then, see you tomorrow..."

"Yeah."

 

With that, Hanae left.

Was it my imagination, or did she sound melancholic at the end there?

I had no way of knowing what Hanae's expression was after she turned around.





Comments

  1. hmmm... was she hired as a housekeeper or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way this is going I wouldn't doubt it. The 3 other girls reasons for liking him were incidental so I can see Hanae only starting to come over because it was a job and she just started liking him because of contact. Now she's realizing Tendou never really noticed her much, I mean he has zero idea of her familial situation and sees her as a hassle even after all she does. If it breaks out that she was hired to do that his low self-esteem ass will hate her for it.

      Delete
  2. This is bad. This idiot can't see anything beyond his own problems. He is aware that Hareyama is not happy for the situation and that there is definitely something he is deliberately ignoring. It's so hard to say "Thank you"? I wonder what more surprising: that she is still for you with some good will or that you still haven't reached the Bad End?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must be a conspiracy. There no way that someone can be stupid lại this :v

    Or someone deliberately chooses all the bad route to get achievement XD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14