Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C16


Thanks to Vilidious for donating! Sponsored chapter 1/7.

 

Volume 3, Chapter 16: That Girl, Is A Complete Airhead

 

 

"Then Hareyama-san, please take care of that."

"I understand. Oh, I'll make side dishes, too."

 

Currently, Hareyama and Koudzuki-san were preparing dinner together.

Although they had never even met before today, they surprised everyone by demonstrating such perfect coordination.

That also meant that there was no room for the other three to fit in.

 

"...You're too strong, Hareyama Hanae."

"The perfect household girl. I wasn't able to take that position..."

"Even if we help, we would just be in the way..."

 

The four of us were relaxedly sipping on some refreshments that Hareyama prepared.

As you'd expect, the three felt bad...so they offered to help with something else.

But then, they were made to experience the difference between her and their skills, and the way she knew her way around Jimichi establishment seemed like they would only be a hindrance.

 

"It's understandable if it's Akane-san, but why does she know so much about his house?"

"It's like she had been here for a long time, hadn't she?"

"Could she be a childhood friend of Ikuto-kun?"

 

Hareyama had only been at my home for a total of around a day or two.

Her movements were certainly those of someone who was familiar with the place. However, let alone a childhood friend, I had only even known Hareyama for about a few months.

If she had such a good memory to her, I wondered why she wasn't that good at her studies as well.

 

"Does anyone need a refill? There's also tea, coffee, and green tea."

"""We’re good, and how do you even know that in the first place?"""

 

Hareyama, bearing an apron, went into the living room to check up on us.

It seemed that Hareyama already knew things that even I didn't.

 

"Jimichi-kun, is your laundry okay?"

"...It's fine. Thanks for the concern."

"I see. Oh, I also washed your pillow cases, so I'll have to get you a new one out today."

"'Kay."

 

I couldn't wrap my head around it. Koudzuki-san didn't even go that far, no sign of breaking her stance that I should do things by myself.

In contrast, was Hareyama the type to do it all and ruin a man by doing everything for him?

I couldn't let that happen. If I didn't do some things myself, I was going to become a guy who couldn't do anything whenever she was gone.

 

"Then, if you need something, call for me~."

"Pillowcases...sounds like a couple's conversation."

"She would have been in his bedroom as expected, wouldn't she."

"Bad. This girl is no good, even more so if you include her in the harem."

 

Although Hareyama arrived a bit later, she had been the one who welcomed the others instead.

When Hareyama realized that there was nothing else to do, she returned back to the kitchen to assist Koudzuki-san again.

 

"Hareyama-san. I'll take care of Ikuto-san, so don't worry about that, okay?"

"But Koudzuki-san, aren't you busy with your work? So, I'll take your place instead."

"Thanks for your concern. But taking care of Ikuto-san is also part of my job."

"Ah~, is that so? Part of your job...which means you aren't doing this willingly? Then, I'll replace you."

"Ufufu, of course I'm not unwilling, you know?"

"Ahaha, is that really so~?"

"Ufufufu."

"Ahahaha."

 

Somehow, they were kind of scary.

The voices coming out of the kitchen sounded cheerful, but some reason, I could sense something turbulent.

The way they asked for feedback from the other about the taste of their dishes seemed like that of close sisters...but their eyes weren't smiling at all.

I stopped looking towards the kitchen and focused on having the conversation with the other three instead.

 

――――

――

 

"―― Delicious."

"""I-it's too good..."""

"Really? I'm glad."

"Thank you for the praise."

 

The resulting food was excellent, and it was better than the taste of home, in a good way.

It wasn't too farfetched to think it came out of a restaurant, and wasn't this even good enough to start one?

 

"Miss Chef, seems like you've raised your skills again..."

"It's just the same as usual~. But I do enjoy cooking here."

 

I hadn't eaten enough of Hareyama's food to know if something changed or not, but it did taste better than before.

Was it a synergistic effect of having Koudzuki-san, who was also good at cooking, along with her? Either way, it tasted superb.

 

"By the way, do you know which one I made?"

"This and this, Hareyama should have made this one, too...maybe also this."

"A-amazing. How could you tell?"

"Fufufu. I'll never forget your food once I've had it."

 

Or so I said, but I recognized the dishes that Koudzuki-san made.

In other words, all the others I didn't recognize were from Hareyama. I felt sorry for her, but she looked so happy with her cheeks dyed red.

 

"Fuu."

"W-what's the matter, Koudzuki-san?"

As I was expanding on my thoughts inside my head, the two people who cooked the food started talking.

Maybe Koudzuki-san figured me out. I would appreciate it if she didn't say anything strange.

 

"No, it's nothing. It seems that Ikuto-san was able to figure out which dishes we made."

"That's right, isn't it."

"Was it maybe because something tasted out of the ordinary?"

"Huh...? What do you ――"

"―― No, they're all delicious! Hanae's, Koudzuki-san's, and even the dishes you worked on together all tasted equally good! You wish you could eat these every day, too, right guys?!"

"""Y-yeah..."""

 

A turbulent atmosphere was starting to form again, so I hurried in dispersing the atmosphere and fooled them.

I just realized it, but Koudzuki-san didn't seem like her usual self. Did she think her position was getting threatened?

She didn't have to worry about that. For me, Koudzuki-san was undoubtedly my childhood friend.

 

――――

――

 

"Wrong, this is definitely wrong."

"Uu..."

 

After dinner, the usual study session for Hareyama began.

Hareyama, looking so pathetic that the person from earlier seemed like a completely different one, was now being surrounded by multiple tutors.

 

"I see, Hanae had this weakness to her."

"I'm glad, really, really glad."

"As expected, even the heavens wouldn't grace you with two gifts."

"Hmm."

 

Shigure had a relieved expression on her face while Reika seemed somewhat happy. Mutsuki-senpai looked like she realized something, and Koudzuki-san let out a chuckle under her breath.

What terrible teachers. Especially Koudzuki-san, I could hear the sound of her character going down the drain.

 

"Don't worry about the bystanders, next."

"Y-yes..."

"...No, that's still wrong."

"Please...no more..."

 

This might be because her basics wasn't good to begin with. But I didn't have time to go back and have her relearn.

Even if her memory was good, she’d still have to study nonstop in the next few days if so.

 

"It's okay, I won't abandon you, so you can still make it."

"Still make it...? Still make it, stilts maker ――"

"―― Are you really even motivated?"

 

I thought she still had some steam left...but she appeared to be at her limit.

While the other girls took a bath or relaxed, Hareyama was out here studying with me the whole time.

This should do it for today. She worked hard enough.

 

"Let's stop here. Why don't you go freshen up?"

"T-thank you very much..."

 

Standing up slowly, Hareyama walked out of the living room, feeling a bit dizzy.

A while later, I told everyone I had to go to the bathroom as well and followed after Hareyama.

 

"―― Hareyama."

"Jimichi-kun? What is it? Peeping?"

"I wouldn't do that so brazenly... We should start tomorrow."

"Start tomorrow...?"

 

One week until the final exam. I was already planning to hold study sessions after school at the request of my classmates, but that wasn't enough.

If Hareyama was okay with the idea, I made a suggestion out of concern for her.

 

"Why don't you join the study group starting tomorrow, Hareyama?"

"Ah~...yeah, I guess I should..."

"And why don't also come over for a few days next week?"

"Yeah...eh?!"

 

As expected, it might be impossible to do it every day, but if she didn't do at least that much, I thought it might get difficult for her to avoid failing.

I didn't think it was that easy for her to stay at another guy's house, but I wanted to believe that my sincerity was understood.

 

"Those study sessions might not be enough. If it's too difficult for you to stay the night, we could go somewhere else."

"Is...everyone else coming?"

"No, I don't they will."

"So...just the two of us?"

"I could talk to Koudzuki-san about that. If we could schedule a date, we could have her on days ――"

"―― Y-you don't have to! I'll come! I'll be staying!"

 

Hareyama replied, her voice hoarse.

I asked her if her parents were okay with it, and she said there were no problems, so I left that side to Hareyama.

 

"I'm looking forward to it, the sleepover."

"It's a study session... Well, I'm looking forward to Hareyama's cooking, too."

"Yeah! I'll make you something delicious."

 

That sounded nice.

If she was this motivated, then she should be able to manage to avoid any red marks.




About the stilts maker part, I attempted to localize the pun. Original text is 'mada tasukaru', then followed by 'madagasukaru', which translates to Madagascar. Puns are hard to translate (;´д`)ゞ


Comments

  1. Fortunately, his Harem Harmonization Skill level is high. I think he avoided a few shuraba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how his classmates were pretty much brainwashed into treating him as a living god, I don’t think they have much choice.

      Delete
  2. This dude is good, I think he will completely avoid any nice boat ending

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14