Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C15


Volume 3, Chapter 15: I Don't Know Why, But It's The Guy's Fault

 

 

I found a puppy drenched in the rain at the station, and I called out to shelter her.

Hareyama's expression wasn't too good, probably because I made a mistake in my greeting. I swore to my heart that I would never do that same thing again.

 

"...Jimichi-kun. Why are you here?"

"I told you before, didn't I? If I find you again, I'll pick you up."

"Ahaha...you always do find me."

"Maybe because I can feel you. My airhead sensor, that is."

 

Hareyama just laughed, devoid of any enthusiasm. Normally, Hareyama would have cutely made a fuss about her not being an airhead, but she seemed like she didn't have any energy left for that.

I didn't know what happened, but if it was the same as last time, there she must have had nowhere else to go.

If so, there was only one course of action I'd take.

 

"Should we go, then? Hareyama."

"Eh...? W-where?"

"But before that, you should change clothes first."

"Um..."

 

I pulled Hareyama's arm, who was looking a bit confused, a bit more forcefully and started walking away.

Handing her a towel and a new set of clothes, I pushed Hareyama into a nearby restroom.

A few minutes had passed. I thought it would take a bit longer, but Hareyama came out after she wiped her hair off and changed into the new outfit.

 

"Oh~, it looks good on you. You look just like that person."

"T-thank you."

 

She seemed a bit too big for those clothes, but it didn't matter because all we had to do now was just go home.

However, that chest really did look too emphasized.  Those buttons wouldn't pop off, would they?

 

"This seems like it's new...is it okay?"

"Pop off, huh..."

"...? Hey, are you listening?"

"Ah, yeah...it's fine, just needs sewing back."

"W-what are you talking about?"

 

This was poison to the eyes. A woman fitted with such magnificent objects might get disgusted by the attracted gazes from the men.

Which was why I would at least try to be a gentleman. Well, I rather preferred to be modest anyway.

We went through the same routine again. I picked up the bag from Hareyama, bought tickets for the both of us, and boarded the train after passing through the ticket gate.

 

"...I might have been pushy earlier, my bad."

"No. I recognized you, Jimichi-kun, so it's fine."

 

I sat down in my seat, calming down for now, and apologized for being a bit forceful earlier.

I guess she knew where I was taking her, but she didn't have any big reaction, so it might have seemed like she was forced.

 

"...But you know, I was kind of hoping for this."

"Hoping?"

"I was thinking that if I stayed at the same place, then Jimichi-kun might find me again...and then you really did."

"...Glad to have seen you, then."

 

I couldn't just say I just happened to come across her.

If Hareyama thought so, then I should just go along with the story.

 

"...And this time again, you aren't asking any questions."

"Hmm~, if you do you want to talk, it's fine though? If you really wanted to, then you can."

"Sorry, I'm being a bother..."

 

I didn't know if she was talking about her not being able to say anything, or if it was about this situation, but Hareyama was looking genuinely apologetic.

She didn't have to look like that.

I was no saint. I found Hareyama, and I picked her up because it was specifically Hareyama.

I wasn't a righteous hero who offered a helping hand when someone was in need.

I had ulterior motives. I had the nefarious plan of wanting to be friends with Hareyama.

 

"Don't worry about. I only picked up Hareyama because you seemed like you’re hurt."

"I-is that so, huh."

"Well, if you don't have anywhere else to go, just come to mine."

"Eh...?"

"If you don't have a place to belong to, then I'll be that place."

"..."

 

I said something cool, if I might say so myself.

I didn't know her situation, but there was probably something going on with her parents.

The last time she stayed over, there was no indication that her parents had contacted her.

Was she being neglected...? If that was the case, then I needed to act before it was too late.

 

"Say, Hareya...Hareyama-chan, don't be a bother, okay?"

"S-sorry...I'm just so happy..."

 

I noticed that Hareyama was crying next to me, overflowing with large tears.

It seemed that she was so happy that her tears flowed, but the situation was that we were still on the train.

No matter the reason, if a girl was crying and a guy was nearby, then it was guy's fault.

This is bad. The office lady sitting across me was staring at me. It's not that, it's not what you think, it's not my fault.

 

"No...um, so uh, right, there's that. I couldn't stop thinking about Hareyama's food, so I'd like to try that again."

"I'm very happy to hear thattt...."

 

The more words I said, the more Hareyama cried.

The station we needed to get off of was almost there, but until then, was I going to be thought of as a punk for making a pretty girl cry?

All I could do was hand her my handkerchief, look away from that office lady, and keep silent.

 

――――

――

 

Finally released from that tormentous ride, we made it back home.

Hareyama had been here once before, so she didn't seem particularly surprised.

 

"It might get a bit noisy today..."

"Is your mother back? I should say hi to her..."

"No, hm~m...it might even be messier if my mom was here."

 

No kidding, it would be a disaster if she was present. Not that she would get angry or anything, but that she was going to cause a racket.

As Hanae tilted her head in response, I opened the front door.

At that moment, the three people who seemed to be waiting for me shouted all at once.

 

"""Welcome back!"""

"I-I'm home."

 

It was nice to be greeted back home by someone...but I couldn't afford to think of that now.

I felt the presence of Hareyama, who was always ever so fluttery, change behind my back.

 

"...Jimichi-kun?"

"Y-yeah?"

 

It was a flat voice. The tone was so different from her crying phase from earlier that it made me freeze.

I couldn't turn my around to face Hareyama. I felt that if I did, something bad might happen.

 

"Wow~, all these girls~, you brought them all here~."

"..."

"One is a friend, one I know, and one I don't~."

"..."

"A senpai, kouhai, classmate, and even an older beautiful woman? Do I still fit a character type?"

"...The airhead one?"

"Huh?"

"No, it's nothing."

 

Bringing her over might have been a bad idea. I had no intention of touching any of them, and I was hoping for a lucky break after a bath, at best, if anything.

However, it was my fault for not explaining earlier. But well, fortunately, they were all girls, so I should be safe, right?

 

"...I thought it was just you and me...idiot."





Comments

  1. Wait...
    why it's diffirent from the side story, If i'm not wrong than they're suppose to meet Tendou right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a few days later after this event

      Delete
  2. When your waifu discovers that she is a harem member. At least there is no shuraba.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14