Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C20


Thanks to Vilidious for donating! Sponsored chapter 5/7.

 

Volume 3, Chapter 20: Verdict

 

 

"..."

"..."

"...Hey."

"...What."

"What are trying to do? Reika-chan."

"What you say, I wasn't here to pick you up, Hanae."

"...Did you really need to cross arms with Ikuto-kun?"

"I-it's fine, isn't it?"

 

I got a call from Hanae, and I came over to pick her up at the station.

After the discussion at Hanae's house, I messaged Reika to thank her for telling me where she lived, and well, things happened, and now she decided to stay over today.

A bit after that, that contact from Hanae came. I brought Reika along with me because I didn't want her waiting alone at home, but I probably shouldn't have.

 

"Reika-chan, is everything fine with Susumu-kun?"

"Huh? Why would you even mention his name?"

"Because, he confessed to you, didn't he?"

"...I turned him down."

"But it doesn't seem like he gave up."

"Is he really now?! Even though I rejected him so clearly..."

 

So, the confession Reika told me about was from Tendou, huh. Somehow, it didn't seem that surprising.

However, even if she did reject him with all her might... That shouldn't be the case because it's Reika! Maybe he thought she was just as usual.

Something like that, you'd just expect that from her.

 

"I wonder if Susumu-kun is waiting for you~."

"Seriously, stop it. The one I like is Ikuto. But you're that guy's childhood friend, right?"

"So, what if we were childhood friends? What does that have to do with anything?"

"I thought you liked him? Why don't you go to him instead?"

"S-stop, I don't like him. Because the one I like is Ikuto-kun."

"Haa... So, it's like that after all."

 

I knew they were friends, but I didn't know how they usually interacted with each other.

I didn't, but I had a feeling that it wasn't like how things were right now.

You're in the way, so go to Tendou instead! I thought they somehow had that expression on their faces.

Or rather, Tendou, what did you do? Didn't it feel like...you were being hated on or something?

 

"I feel bad for him, but I really like Ikuto."

"That's right, huh~. But I think I like him more than you did."

"Oh my, is that so~."

"Of course, it is~."

""...Ahahahaha!""

 

The two had put on extremely cute smiles. It was so attractive that they gathered attention from people who passed by them.

But you know? What could I even say to them?

They were just smiling and giggling, neither of them saying anything in particular to the other.

But if you cut out this scene and put a speech bubble next to them like in a manga, the words contained would probably be like this.

 

"You aren't just going to lose now, are you?"

"I’m all fine, so why don't you bring it on?!"

 

...Something like that.

 

"Get along, both of you."

"Eh~? Aren't we getting along already~?"

"That's right, we're best friends."

""...Right~?""

 

I was the one responsible for this situation.

I don't ca~re, go on about it yourselves...I couldn't possibly think like that.

Even if the girls liked me, I didn't want to make this relationship too delicate. I didn't want to have a hostile harem.

 

"...I like you both when you get along well."

"H-he said he likes me..."

"Stop, that word works too good on me..."

 

I see, so I could rein them in this way.

It was true though that I wanted them to get along, and I wasn't lying when I said I liked them that way.

However, it really wasn't my intention to say something that would dye their cheeks so red and make them act like maidens.

 

"Well, for now, we should get going."

"Yeah, let's go."

"Oka~y."

 

As I picked up Hanae's luggage and started to head towards the ticket gate, Reika so naturally linked up her arms with mine, while Hanae took a step back and grabbed the hem of my shirt.

Let's go together, Reika said, and Hanae followed with, I'll keep up with you.

These two people were completely different in everything from their mannerisms to their personalities. I was glad that they were feeling happy, but because we were at a train station, we attracted too many gazes.

Well, as long no one I knew saw me...no, even if they did, I could just brainwash ――

 

"―― Jimichi! Wait!"

 

While I was thinking that, I heard a loud voice behind me.

Like I thought, I was recognized. I hoped it was someone who was brainwashed, and it would be quite troublesome if it were to be a teacher or a student counsellor from our school.

If that really was the case, what should I say as an excuse? While trying to plan for the situation, I turned around to see the figure of my classmate, one who clearly hadn't been brainwashed.

 

"...Tendou? What are you doing here?"

"That's my line! You...what are you trying to do?!"

 

Tendou glared at me with a grim expression on his face.

I could imagine why he had that look. He probably didn't like the fact that I was with these two.

Couldn't be helped, I guess. After all, these two were by Tendou's side up until just a few days ago.

 

However, even if they were, there was nothing I could do about this right now.

The reason they were next to me was because they wanted to be here.

If they chose me, I was going to do my best to protect them.

For now, we should change venues. Why didn't he think for a bit about these girls who were attracting even more attention because of his incessant shouting?

I have to complain to him about this... Or so I thought, but it was Reika and Hanae who started instead.

 

―― Now you should have realized it, right?

If they told you so blatantly, then you have no choice but to admit.

Or will you still make a fuss as if you haven't recognized the situation yet? How far do you want to fall?

Do you really think I was deceiving these women, that I was making them say all this stuff, and that I was having my way with them?

If you make such a mistake, even I would have to tell you off.

―― Because that's my role.

 

"―― Tendou. Don't fall any further."

 

I gave him signs and warned him. I told him many times to think the matter over.

I remembered once when I tried to cross the boundaries of my role and just tell him about these things as a mere classmate.

But he still got it all wrong. He made mistakes, he lost them, and he finally arrived at this point.

Was he going to stop here, or was he going to keep falling to the bottom?

Well, for now, I should give out the notice.

 

"―― You finally lost the last route, too."

 

It had already been decided.

 

The path you were headed to was ――

 

 




You know, I wish we got a bit more development with Shigure and Yukinaga-senpai. It felt lacking.

Side note, I actually don't read at all in advance. I only know as far as I have translated. ( ̄︶ ̄)↗ 


Comments

  1. Yea, Shigure and Yukinaga were a bit rushed I think. Maybe that's because the later 2s story was more "deep" than theirs or that part of their routes were taken up by Reika and Hanae anyways. Then they were barely mentioned for quite a while. Reika and Hanae were more main heroines than Senpai and Kohai it seems like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they didn't really have such dark side in their 'routes', at least they didn't show it yet? Both of them could be conquered as long Tendou kept on helping them.
      Though Hanae looks easier, she needed to talk with her parents to reach a true happy end. Tendou could get her without doing that.
      Reika is the one that looks more difficult, Tendou couldn't save her father unless he became friends with Jimichi. Maybe the Medicine was released before he died?

      Delete
    2. Well, the closer they were to Tendou the more attention they got since of course it would take time for any type of feelings for him to cool down and for them to resolve to cut him off if needed. If you think about it he talked to Shigure once really before she fell for Jimichi, then prez Yukinaga knew him for a semester but they didn't talk often, she never really mentioned a reason why shd liked him and she liked him but not loved him, Reiko tried her hardest to convince herself she liked him for the sake of falling in love, all for her father to see her looking beautiful and in love so none of it was really Tendou's doing, and lastly Hanae said she never liked him that way and she literally felt forced to be next to him and be useful and liked to have a place to go back to so...aside from the president none of the other really like him and even with the president it seemed very superficial (and even now she's kinda the most superficial interest, but not everyone needs a deep sad reason to fall in love)

      Delete
  2. I think the depth of the story behind the targets was related to their relationships with Tendou, so in the good end it would feel logical that the ones that were closer to him for years would get much more serious stories than the senpai who exposed her technology weakness to a friend from last year or the kouhai who fell for her handsome and dependable senpai instantly. So it kinda makes sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the rest was released in a DLC or the extra game past the ending now that I think about it

      Delete
  3. Altjouythry have their own thoughts in this volume neither Jimichi nor Tendou felt really forced anymore like they merged with the characters they were supposed to be, so much so that noe Jimichi thinks that the role he has played aligns with his own will

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14