Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C9


Thanks to ButterBaron for donating! Sponsored chapter 1/4.

 

Volume 3, Chapter 9: Wearing a Mask Can Make You Dere

 

 

Today was the date of that promise with Reika.

As I waited at the station where we were supposed to meet up in the early afternoon, Reika arrived, looking very excited.

Not only her outfit, but also Reika’s accessories and makeup were perfect on her, just like the other day.

As you'd expect, I couldn't be sloppy too since I was to meet Reika's father, so I dressed up appropriately.

 

"Yo! Right on time."

"Y-yeah..."

"...What's up?"

"That...today you look..."

"Handsome?"

"Yeah...wait, no! Um...neat! You look neat!"

 

She could have just given an honest compliment, but that part of her was still tsun.

Well, unlike before, her dere side was more frequent now, but she'd get angry if I pointed that out, so I should just enjoy it on my own.

Right now, she might be around 7 parts tsun, 3 parts dere? I felt like it was fine to say it was something like that.

 

"Reika also looks beautiful, you know?"

"Really? Thanks..."

"But then again, you seem enthusiastic."

"I couldn't not do it properly in front of my Dad."

 

She looked very serious, as if she really was going to ask for his consent to marry me.

Should I have worn a suit? I was getting a bit worried.

 

"...Is my outfit fine? Do you want me to go buy a suit?"

"I-it's okay, you don't need a suit. You're...already handsome enough."

"I have pretty good hearing, so I heard you perfectly, you know? Thanks."

"I was hoping you'd be a bit deafer..."

 

Anyway, if Reika said it was fine, then it was all good.

We got on the train and headed to where father-in-law was.

Since Reika and I had the same nearest station to where we lived, I didn't think we needed to take a train, but apparently, father-in-law wasn't home.

On the train, I asked Reika why I was called for by father-in-law, who I hadn't heard about yet.

 

"Um...that, I wanted you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

"Pretend? You mean you're going to introduce me to your father as a boyfriend?"

"Y-yeah...is it no good?"

"It's not that, rather..."

 

I couldn't refuse her if she looked at me in such a cute way, but I think he might find out.

I was confident that I could play my role perfectly, but Reika might be too obvious.

She was Tsundere-san, who was conditioned to reject anything on reflex.

 

"I told him I had a boyfriend the other day."

"Oh~, I didn't think you would ever say something like that."

"Um...i-it’s because Dad kept on telling me I was a sorry girl who couldn't get a boyfriend! That's why I told him I had someone I liked!"

"So, you like me?"

"T-that's not it! It's just a pretend relationship!"

 

She didn't have to deny it with all her might.

I understood the reason and I was willing to help her with that, but I was going to find out soon what she was feeling.

Which was why I told Reika this. Just for today, she should do her best dere mode on me.

 

"What do you like about me?"

"H-huh?! I don't...not like you... I like everything about you."

"Too obvious!  If you don't dere right away, you'll be found out!"

"T-that's too difficult..."

 

And so, we practiced masquerading as boyfriend and girlfriend until we got to the station we needed to get off of.

Reika's face was bright red the whole time, but if she were to get embarrassed at such a thing, father-in-law would find out.

As it turned out, I learned later that she was embarrassed by the fact that people on the train were staring at her.

 

――――

――

 

We got off the train at a specific station and took the bus for a short ride.

Because I wasn't told about the destination, I was surprised at the place we arrived at ―― the hospital.

I thought that father-in-law was a doctor or someone related to the hospital, but I guessed it when I saw the mysterious look on Reika's face.

 

I went through the reception desk in a familiar manner, and arrived in front of one the rooms without any delay.

A-33 ―― Azumi Ryou.

The name of Reika's father, which I heard in advance, was written there.

 

"We're here."

"...Is father-in-law sick?"

"...Yeah."

"I see. That must have been difficult for you..."

 

Reika's smile was so fragile that it was hard to picture her normal expression, too weak to the point where it might just give way.

This was probably the best she could do to be strong. Only her determination was what remained of her usual self.

 

"But I'm totally fine! Don't worry about it so much."

"I see. Tell me when it gets difficult, okay? I understand Reika's feelings better than others."

 

Reika tilted her head lightly at my words, but didn't pursue the matter in any way.

When it was finally time to go inside, we did a final check of our setting.

For now, it was better to say we recently started going out to avoid our cover being blown.

 

"We're in a lover-dovey setting, okay?"

"Yeah, l-lovey-dovey..."

"Do you remember? It's 1 part tsun, 9 parts dere, so almost full dere, okay?"

"I-I'll do my best..."

 

Even so, did she realize that it was her own parent she was about to meet?

Normally, any loving couple wouldn't act so dere in front of their parents.

Was this girl really going to be 9 parts dere in front of her father?

But still, it was the precious dere side of Reika. I felt sorry for father-in-law, but I should enjoy it.

Although, there was one more thing I had to ask her.

 

"Reika, are you sure you're fine with me?"

"Yeah. Or rather, I can only ask you, Ikuto."

 

There was no sign of hesitation anywhere, and Reika clearly said she chose me.

If something had been a bit different, would someone else be here? Somehow, I thought so.

 

"Then, let's go. I'm going to ask him to give me Reika-san."

"Okay! I can't wait to be Ikuto's."

"Perfect. Now, let's go inside."

 

After reaffirming Reika's dere side, we stepped inside the hospital room.

Reika entered first and immediately called for me to enter.

As I headed to the back of the room, there, was a somewhat middle-aged man, similarly looking like Reika, staring at me with a sharp gaze.





Comments

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14