Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C10


Thanks to ButterBaron for donating! Sponsored chapter 2/4.

 

Volume 3, Chapter 10: Being Too Cute is a Sin

 

 

"―― So, it's you? The guy who seduced the angel of my family, Reika?"

 

This was the first thing he said as soon as we met.

Father-in-law's complexion looked good, and didn't appear to be suffering from any kind of illness.

However, he was at max hostility against me from the get-go, so could I do something to make him more dere to me?

Still though, I would have to experience many more kinds of adults. In the future, I might have to interact with them in the company.

 

"Nice to meet you. My name is Jimichi Ikuto, and I am dating Reika-san."

"So, it's you? The guy who seduced the angel of my family, Reika?"

 

I see. He wanted me to answer his question first.

He might be the troublesome type. This made me think about the future.

 

"I do agree that Reika is an angel, but seduced...I would have to object to that."

"So, you didn't seduce her?"

"Of course. We came through this relationship because we recognized our feelings for each other."

"Is that so? Reika."

 

His eyes shifted to Reika.

Glancing at Reika, she seemed a bit nervous, so was she going to be okay?

Well, I had a plan in case it wasn't going well, so I was sure everything was okay.

 

"I-I luvvv him sooo much!"

"Fufu, how cute."

"Ah, she really is cute. But it seems a bit fake, so are you two really going out?"

"It's real. Do you doubt our love?"

"T-that's right! Are you doubting us?!"

 

Reika's panicked look was like trying to say there was something suspicious going on.

He was going to find out sooner or later. No, maybe he already knew.

Since a while ago, Rei-san had been grinning at me.

 

"Then, Reika. What do you like about him?"

"Um...he pays attention to subtle things and tells me I'm cute, he looks at me properly, he's kind, handsome, mature ――"

"―― I-I get it already. That's enough."

 

Nice, level 9 dere. Now then, it looked like I was next.

 

"S-so, how about you, what do you like about Reika?"

"I can tell you, but it's going to get dark before I’m done, okay? I'm not confident I could finish within the visiting hours. On the flip side, I'd like to ask you, father-in-law, can you do it in time?"

"You're right. Sorry, I asked a useless question."

"No, no. This was also your daughter's fault for being too much of an angel."

"That I strongly agree with. My daughter is just too cute."

"I'm glad that you raised you raised her to be so pretty."

"I'm thankful for your gratitude. It was difficult, she used to be such a naughty girl..."

"That's sounds interesting. I would like to hear more about it."

"Sorry, but I'm afraid we won’t have enough time."

"Guh...were there too many to recall?!"

"Ah, one or two days isn't even enough..."

"Really...it's all because Reika is too pretty!"

"Truly, what a sinful daughter..."

"It’s a sin to be too cute..."

"...Uu, could you guys stop already..."

 

After that, the discussion about how cute Reika was continued.

I noticed that Reika buried her face in my back, as if she didn't want me seeing her bright red face.

By the way, this was the plan I had if she got too nervous. I told her not to say anything and just hide behind me.

 

"―― Sorry, Ikuto-kun. I treated you as evil because I didn't want my daughter being taken away from me."

"It's all good. I think I understand how you feel."

"Sorry for the late introduction. I am Azumi Rei, father of Azumi Reika, the angel hiding behind you."

 

Rei-san finally let out a natural smile and advised Reika to come out, who was still hiding behind me.

However, she didn't move. With her head pressed against my back, she shook her head no, much to Rei-san's annoyance.

 

"She used to hide behind my back in the past~... but don't hide behind another guy's..."

"I heard that clearly. But Rei-san, Reika said to me that you instigated this?"

"...Instigated?"

"Yeah, that's what I was told. She heard you say she was a pitiful girl who couldn't even get a boyfriend."

"...Ah, that. I've also thought about it for a bit."

"Thought about...is it?

"Right ―― ah yeah, Reika. Sorry, but can you go change the water in the vase?"

"...O-okay."

 

Reika left the room without a single complaint, perhaps thinking that it was better if she was to break away from this situation.

After confirming that Reika had left, Rei stared at me in the eye and slowly began to speak.

 

"Now then, Ikuto-kun. Thanks for today, and sorry for the trouble."

"No, it's fine, it's not anything troublesome. It's because Reika-san asked me to."

"Ahaha. You guys aren't really dating, are you?"

 

I thought about salvaging the situation, but I felt that nothing I could say would help Rei-san's mood.

As expected of her father. He must have picked it up from Reika's attitude and gestures.

 

"...So, you noticed after all?"

"Of course I would?! Because you're just too unnatural, you know?"

"...Eh? Because of me? Did I let it out?!"

"No, it was perfect! But you're a high school student, right?! How could you be so calm in front of her father?!"

Somehow, my excellent performance turned out to be a setback. I should have acted a bit more nervous.

I shouldn't let Reika get mad at me. Perfection created doubt, that was what I learned.

 

"Reika surprised me, but I wouldn't know how she’d react in front of someone she liked."

"I see. Then that Reika from earlier must have been the real thing..."

"Although, I could tell that Reika has a soft spot for you in her heart. I feel a bit complicated...but thank you."

 

That smile looked exactly just like the fleeting smile Reika showed me before we came in.

What was up with this parent and child? It was like if you take your eyes off of them for a bit, they'd be gone.

 

"I'm glad she had someone she can lean on, someone who can support her."

"..."

"I thought I was about to start encouraging her to find a good man, but you're already here."

"...Um, how long has Rei-san been in the hospital?"

"It might have been around two years."

 

Two years, it should be around the time Reika and I were in the third year of junior high.

Being in the hospital for two years was a bit too long. Perhaps Rei-san...was seriously ill.

 

"...What about mother-in-law?"

"Alive and kicking. I've been giving her trouble, as she's been working all this time."

 

I also heard from Reika that her mother was fine, and since she seemed normal when I talked to her about, I didn't pay too much thought.

Rei-san's following words finally made me understand the meaning of Reika's sad smile.

 

"You know ―― I might not be around for much longer."

"Huh..."

"Sorry to suddenly bring up such a heavy topic. But I wanted you to know because you're the one by Reika's side."

"...Um, can I ask for the name of your sickness?"

 

―― disease.

The name of the condition that came out of Rei-san's mouth was not something unknown.

It was what was commonly referred to as an incurable illness. It was of one of those that current medical science wasn't able to treat yet.

There was no life expectancy for this disease. It was something that could kill you tomorrow, or might even let you live for ten years.

The fear you'd be feeling would be terrible. You might not even get to wake up tomorrow.

I wondered if Rei-san, Reika, and her family had been fighting against this fear.

 

"Don't give me that look, okay? I'm the one who told you, but I'm not going to die yet."

"Is that so...huh. I still have a lot things I want to ask you about Reika, so I don't want to see you go."

"Hahaha...I'd love to chat with you someday while having a drink."

"Sounds good. A drink with a father...I have been longing for that, too."

 

We talked about my father as we waited for Reika to return.

When she finally did, her eyes were red and swollen.





Comments

  1. I like this kind of heartwarming chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reika's father already claimed Ikuto is a good man... sorry Tendou, you are out on this, Ikuto softens up the Tsundere first.. a heartwarming son and father in-law convos their, our MC is such a chad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14