Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4 SS 5


Thanks to ButterBaron for donating! Sponsored chapter 3/4.

 

Volume 4, Side Story 5: Koudzuki Akane, True End

 

TN Note: This chapter was over 4000 words long...

 

 

"―― It's morning, time to wake up."

 

A familiar voice rang in my ears and my consciousness slowly rose to the surface.

I looked in the direction where I heard that voice with sleepy eyes, and there I saw, not in a suit...but Koudzuki-san wearing an apron in a rough outfit, letting out a tremendous feeling of wifeliness.

 

"Koudzuki-san, good morning..."

"...Are you perhaps still asleep?"

"Eh...?"

"Haven't I become a Jimichi now, rather than Koudzuki?"

"Eh...ah, y-yeah, that's right."

"...It doesn't matter to me, really. You can keep calling me Koudzuki-san if you want to."

"S-sorry...I'm still half-asleep."

"Hmph."

"Akane-san, please be in a good mood."

"...Then, kiss me good morning."

"Okay, okay..."

 

Who was this dere of a woman?! Some of you might be wondering.

Akane-san, who had changed so much to the point she was different person from who she was some time ago, had married me and became Jimichi Akane.

It had been about a year now since we got together.

 

"Mm...good morning, Ikuto-san."

"Good morning, Akane-san."

"I'm going to change clothes, so you go freshen up."

"Got it."

 

I stared at the door that Akane-san had left through. I couldn't stop my cheeks from loosening at the thought of that beautiful woman as my wife.

Whether it was at home or at work, we were always together. Akane-san had always been by my side in times of pain, sadness, and of course, joy as well.

But I took for granted the fact that she was always by my side, and for a long while, I hadn't taken notice of her.

Akane-san had been waiting for me all this time.

 

"―― Good morning."

"Morning. I see you're already in work mode."

"I have to keep private and public matters in order."

"Is that so..."

 

Akane-san, now dressed in a suit, was looking sharp and composed without any speck of that dere atmosphere she had earlier.

This version of Akane-san was still more familiar to me, but she should still have some time before she left.

 

"...Akane, I love you."

"Uu...t-that's not fair."

"How about Akane? You're not gonna say anything?"

"O-of course...I love you, too."

"Louder."

"...I love you, Ikuto."

 

She turned bright red. How cute.

Akane-san showed these kinds of expressions nowadays, but back when I was still a student, she never showed this at all.

That was how it was like to be a guardian.

Since when did it change...like I thought, it should be at that time ――

 

――――

――

――

――――

 

High school life was not something special.

I wouldn't know about this, but I never had anything happen in my life that brought about a dramatic change.

What was even a dramatic change, huh. For a high school student, was it something like getting a boyfriend or a girlfriend?

I did have friends, but no girlfriend. I had one year left in high school, but I didn't think that I was ever going to get myself one.

I never wanted anything else because I had other things to think about, and I was content enough to hang out with my friends.

 

"Then~ everyone, let's go home."

 

That guy, who was my classmate, seemed to be very popular. I didn't know what was so good about him, but I was sure that he had a lot of things going for him.

That classmate left with several pretty girls in tow. I didn't know particularly why, but I didn't envy him.

 

"Ikuto~, do you wanna go and have fun as we head home?"

 

Riku and my few other friends came to my desk and invited me to hang out with them. I'd known these guys for a long time, and neither of them had any girlfriends as well.

Normally, I would have taken him up on his offer, but I had other plans today.

 

"Sorry, I have something else to do."

"I see. See you tomorrow~."

"Wait, let's go together until the school gate."

"O~oh, then let's go."

 

As the appointed time approached, I left the classroom along with Riku and the others.

We talked about trivial things along the way. Stuff like how interesting that particular game was, how cute that girl was from next class over, something like that.

 

"Rather, Ikuto, are you out on an errand?"

"Well, something like that. I think they'll pick me up near the gate."

"Oh yeah, we've never met your parents! Everyone, let's say hi to them!"

"I don't mind. Although it's not my parents who’s coming in the first place."

 

This bunch were the quintessential jolly people, turning even the smallest thing into a fun event.

I didn't know what was so interesting, but they were making such a racket that it made me think if it was okay to water that enthusiasm down.

 

"...It's that car over there."

"What an expensive looking car...hmm? Is that person standing over there your mother? She looks too young, doesn't she?"

"Like I told you, it’s not my parents who came to pick me up. She's my sister...or someone like that."

"You had a sister! Hmm?! Wait, isn't she too beautiful?"

 

My friends got excited after seeing Koudzuki-san. Come to think of it, how come I never introduced Koudzuki-san to them?

I sprinted for a bit and approached Koudzuki-san, who was waiting for me by the car.

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Koudzuki-san."

"Good work, Ikuto-san. Are the people behind you your friends?"

 

These friends of mine were sending out fierce glances that wanted me to introduce them. I briefly did to Koudzuki-san.

What were they all so nervous about? Those silly expressions they had earlier while fooling around was gone and was replaced by a serious look.

 

"Nice to meet you. Thank you for taking care of Ikuto-san."

"Y-yesh! Nice chu meet you!"

"Everyone, thank you for getting along with Ikuto-san."

"N-no! We're indebted instead to Ikuto!"

 

My friends were all conversing with Koudzuki-san with red faces, looking like they were about to blow a fuse.

On the other hand, Koudzuki-san responded with a slight smile without ever making a disgusted face.

...I wondered what this was? Somehow, I kind of hated this, just a bit.

 

"Your sister is too beautiful, you know?!"

 

I was a bit of a distance away from them, and Riku came to me, saying that.

For us high school students, Koudzuki-san was a mature woman. She was a beautiful woman at a particular level that would be hard to find around us.

That kind of person smiled at them. High school students who never had a girlfriend would instantly fall.

 

"You guys, that's enough, okay?"

"What do you mean~, just a bit more..."

"Sorry, I have something to do."

"Is that sooo..."

 

I said goodbye to my friends who looked genuinely disappointed and got into the car.

I should refrain from having them meet Koudzuki-san. Because I was thinking about that kind of thing, the words my friend said to me really struck a nerve.

 

"You don't look like you suit that person."

 

I didn't think he meant anything by that. It was probably just something that slipped out of his mouth as he took a look at the situation.

It couldn't be helped if people think that of me.

But probably, looking at it though another perspective, majority would have said the same thing as well.

 

――――

――

 

After that, we took a slight detour since we still had some time to spare, although it wasn't related to what we had to do. It wasn't too much of a task. I just wanted some new clothes, so I went shopping.

 

"...What do you think?"

"It looks great on you."

 

Shopping with Koudzuki-san was something I had done many times.

But if you look at this situation, wasn't this a date?

Well, not like Koudzuki-san thought of it like that.

 

"But, right. I think you would look better if you cut your hair."

"Hair, huh..."

 

Certainly, my hair was pretty long. It was getting a bit troublesome, so I cut it myself.

I had unkempt hair, glasses, and I didn't take any skin care routines. I was quite careless about my appearance, just trying to keep it at a bare minimum.

 

"...I'll think about it. Then, I'll buy this."

"Yes, I'll be waiting for you at store entrance."

 

As if escaping away from the topic, I cut the conversation off and headed to the cashier.

It wasn't that I didn't like cutting my hair off or anything. But the way it was now was enough, so why should I bother? I thought that.

Still, if Koudzuki-san said so, I had to consider it.

 

I finished my shopping and went off to look for Koudzuki-san, who should be waiting for me at the entrance.

She was just a short distance away. I found her, but she was talking to a strange guy.

I guessed from Koudzuki-san's expression and that guy's mood. She was getting hit on.

 

"Just for a bit, still no good?"

"I'm waiting for someone."

"You boyfriend?"

"...That doesn't matter to you."

 

It wasn't surprising that they'd try to pick her up. She was such a beautiful woman, and no man would leave her alone.

In fact, she encountered this situation on several occasions. Each time she brushed it off, but the guy this time around seemed a bit more persistent.

 

"Then~, how about we just exchange numbers?"

"I refuse."

"Why~, it's not like it's the end of the world."

"...Haa."

 

Others couldn’t probably tell just by looking, but Koudzuki-san was in a bad mood right now.

The guy didn't notice that and didn't stop. Koudzuki-san couldn't move because she was waiting for me.

I walked to her as fast as I could.

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Ah...no, it's okay."

 

Koudzuki-san had an unnaturally relieved expression. She ignored the guy and went towards me.

As we were about to walk away, I was approached by that guy as you’d expect.

 

"Were you waiting for that kid? He's not you boyfriend or something, is he?"

"...It's none of your business. Let's go, Ikuto-san."

"What the hell, it's just a brat, and no matter how you look at this, you two don't even match each other."

"..."

"Stop acting so high and mighty. You're only dealing with that kid, right?"

"...Annoying."

 

This time, Koudzuki-san was so irritated that it was visible now.

It was because of me that she was like this. Because she was next to me, she was told all those kinds of things.

 

"...Sorry, Koudzuki-san."

"No, I'm the one at fault. Come on, let's get going."

 

I wished I could pretend to be her boyfriend. But it would only be a nuisance to her if I did.

Like that guy said, I was a kid, and Koudzuki-san was an adult. I knew a hundred times over that we didn't match up.

Feeling that the situation had deteriorated slightly, we headed on towards our original destination.

 

――――

――

 

That thing I had to do was to go see my mother.

After I graduated from high school, I was supposed to join the company.

I wanted to be a drug researcher, so I was thinking of going to college while enlisting my name in the workforce.

 

"―― Hmm, that's pretty much it."

"Fuu..."

 

I took a break after completing some simple paperwork. I wasn't sure what this was all about, but I guess it was necessary.

As my high school graduation approached, my mother suddenly asked me about my career path.

If you want to do anything else, go down that path. It's yours to decide.

I responded to my mother who asked me that. That path I wanted to take had already been decide a long time ago.

 

"Good work."

"Ah, thanks."

 

With perfect timing, Koudzuki-san brought me a drink.

It was adjusted to my liking. This person really knew me better than my mother.

 

"...Hey, are you guys dating?"

"Huh? Why would you ask that from a high school student?"

"You aren't dating? Akane has been frequently visiting Ikuto's place recently though."

"...We aren't going out."

 

The reason why she came to my place so often was probably because she was so worried that I wouldn't have the ability to live by myself.

Koudzuki-san taught me many things long ago, but I wasn't able to acquire any housework skills.

 

"...I see, then it should be okay to say this."

"What do you mean?"

"Akane, I need to talk to you."

"Yes? What is it?"

 

Koudzuki-san moved towards my mother when she asked her to have a talk.

My mother urged her to sit down, and after making sure she did, she handed over some papers.

 

"This is a matchmaking proposal for Akane."

"Matchmaking...you say."

 

By matchmaking, did she mean like those in dating apps?

Either way, this was going to be something like a man and woman meeting, and if they liked each other, then it would lead to marriage.

Koudzuki-san getting married...? No, no, why would Koudzuki-san accept this ――

 

"―― I'll take a look at it."

"Is that so? Good for you."

 

At that moment, something clawed on my heart. I didn't know what it was, but my heart was aching.

Did the document Koudzuki-san receive had a photo of the guy's face or something?

Was it to her liking? Was it a good-looking guy? Some kind of company president? Was he a mature adult like Koudzuki-san?

 

"Y-you're going to take it?"

"...Yes, the president had through of trouble of preparing it for me."

"Oh my, Ikuto, what's wrong? You have an awful face, don't you?"

"No, it’s nothing..."

 

―― I don't like this.

Why didn't I? I don't like it because I said so, I could only come up with things like a kid, but I really didn't like this.

Koudzuki-san meeting someone, forming a relationship, then getting married.

It sounded wonderful, and I should be happy for her. But I didn't want someone I didn't even know be the one to make her happy.

 

Ah, right ―― I.

 

"We're planning on holding it this weekend, in case you're interested."

"...I understand."

"He's the young master of a certain company, so he's got a lot of money!"

"Certainly, it would seem like that."

 

So, what should I do? It was obvious.

I wouldn't just sit back and watch. Even if it didn't work out, it would be even worse if I didn't do anything.

 

"Then, let's meet here next week."

"Understood."

 

About ten days until the deadline. I didn't know what I could change in that amount of time, but I was going to do what I could.

I didn't look good next to her, nor could I even match her. I knew that, which was why I needed to change.

Because I wanted her by my side.

 

――――

――

 

And with a blink of an eye, ten days passed.

Since that day, I hadn't seen Koudzuki-san for some reason.

Looking back, this might have been the first time I hadn't seen her this long. Koudzuki-san was just beside me so much.

She was going to disappear from my side. I didn't want that, nor did I want to think about it.

Was the meeting place the president's office? The temporary employee ID I had made the other day came in handy, and I was able to enter without any problems.

My appearance had changed considerably, and so I was stopped by the guard, but he let me through after I showed him my old photos and revealed my personal information.

And then, I knocked on the door to the president's office.

 

"Excuse me for intruding."

"Okay, oka~y. What's wrong, Ikuto...chan? Eh, who?"

 

There was only my mother inside.

Even though it was a matchmaking interview, she was wearing her usual suit, so was she not going to participate?

 

"What do you mean who, it's Ikuto."

"...Did you get a haircut?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my~, that’s surprisingly...short, isn't it?"

 

Well, I thought so, too. I was told that a lot at school as well.

My friends were surprised and the girls surrounded me. But thanks to that, it gave me confidence.

 

"Why all of sudden? You're even wearing a suit."

"...Where's Koudzuki-san? Didn't she have that interview today?"

"...Ah, so that's what it was. If it's Akane you wanted, she's in the reception room."

"I see. I'm going out for a bit."

"Hmm. Good luck~!"

 

Apparently, I was seen through. It seemed that she knew what I was about to do now.

After receiving support from my mother, I left the president's office and headed for the reception room.

On the way out the office, my mother seemed like she said something, but I wasn't able to hear what it was.

 

"That worked well, huh~...as for the celebration...ah, excuse me! Three servings of sushi please, thank you!"

 

――――

――

 

I arrived at the reception room. Preparing myself once again, I slowly knocked on the door.

I had never been so nervous in the past. Formulating in my mind whatever it was I wanted to say, I opened the door.

 

"...Ikuto-san? What's going on all of a sudden?"

"You know, I just changed a bit."

"Certainly, you did cut your hair a lot. And, I could tell from the air around you as well as your voice.”

 

Koudzuki-san was in the room. She was cleaning up after something, perhaps a visitor.

She was dressed in her suit as usual, but was she going to change her clothes any time soon?

Rather, she was working so casually even on the day of her matchmaking.

 

"You have that interview today, right?"

"Interview...ah right, it was today."

"D-don't tell me you forgot?!"

"I did forget about it, or perhaps I should say..."

 

She was somehow evasive of the matter. Koudzuki-san showed a troubled expression, and even looked a bit punished.

Well, in any case, it wouldn't change what I was about to do.

 

"Koudzuki-san, I want to talk to you for a bit."

"Me? What is it?"

"Don't go that matchmaking interview."

"..."

 

At those words, Koudzuki-san didn't change her expression, and only stared at me with serious eyes.

It seemed like she was waiting for what I was about to say next. There were a lot of things I wanted to let out, but first, I should tell her what I wanted to express the most.

 

"Koudzuki Akane-san. I ―― like you."

"――!"

 

Koudzuki-san's eyes widened, although only a little, and I could hear taking a breath in.

 

"I know you're probably thinking, 'What is this kid talking about?', but I really like you."

"...Do you mean as a family?"

"No. I like you, as a man."

"Is...that so."

"I'm still just a kid, but I want to be that guy you can stand next to."

"..."

"It's going to take some time, but I'll be a man worthy of you."

"..."

"That's why...please don't go that interview. Please go out with me."

 

I should have had more to say, more I wanted to tell her. For a long time, she was always beside me.

But I was able to express to her what I wanted to say the most first.

Even if this didn't work, I wasn't going to give up. Someday, I would polish my manliness and strike again.

For that reason, by all means, I didn't want her to attend that matchmaking interview.

 

"...You're too slow."

"Eh...ah...is that so..."

 

Those words made me turn white. By slow, did she mean that she already had the interview and made a decision?

I thought I arrived early, but they'd already met...?

All I could think of was ugly things, and I didn't notice that she lost her composure.

 

"Geez, you're too slow! How long were you going to make me wait?!"

"...Eh?"

"You finally told me that...geez, really!"

"K-Koudzuki-san...?"

 

The woman in front of me turned from an adult back into a child. With tears in her eyes, she flapped her arms around while letting out her emotions.

This was too much for me, and I couldn't even close my mouth in surprise. I didn't know what to do.

 

"I haven't seen you for a while, and you've gotten so handsome! I thought you already got a girlfriend!"

"T-then? Um, Koudzuki-san?"

"If you go to school like that, you'll be popular...I'm just an old lady, so I can't win..."

"N-no...you can."

 

She could win. At least right now, she was extremely cute, and was also one of the most beautiful people I knew.

I wanted to hug her right now. Um, it should be fine, right?

 

"I thought I appealed to you pretty well, but you weren't reacting at all..."

"Appeal? Um, when..."

"I can't tell you, and you wouldn't even choose me because I'm already too old..."

"Um, Koudzuki-san."

"That's why I put up with it...I can't even say I like you..."

"Koudzuki-san."

"Sniffle, sniffle..."

"Akane-san."

 

Unable to resist, I hugged her. I didn't get a confirmation form her, but I couldn't just leave her alone while was crying.

I saw Akane-san broken for the very first time. I didn't know how much she held back, and I never realized at all.

 

"Akane-san, I like you. Please stay with me forever."

"...Are you okay with me...?"

"It was going to be me who'll be making you smile. I will be the one to stand next to you, and make you happy."

"...I also want to be by your side."

 

Strength drained from Akane-san's body as she leaned in on me.

I embraced her tightly. This existence that seemed so unreachable was now completely in my arms.

 

"Please marry me, Akane-san."

"Yes, gladly."

 

After wiping away her dripping tears, I kissed her on the lips.

It was a very awkward kiss, but it was satisfying. I hoped she felt the same way.

 

"Mm...it's a bit embarrassing."

"Yeah. But I feel happy."

"That goes for me, too."

"..Akane-san, one more time ――"

"―― Hello! I brought over some extra special sushi!"

"...I didn't ask for that."

"Eh, ah...sorry for intruding~..."

 

She could see us hugging each other. If she had been late a few seconds more, she would have seen me kissing her.

The face of that person who made the delivery...had an indescribable face to her, as if she just saw something awkward.

A man and a woman in their suits embracing each other in a company office. Was this a scene of adultery?

 

"...That person carrying the sushi is the president, huh."

"I see. Then, let's protest about...let's report to this incident ――"

 

―― After that, we got engaged. Akane-san moved to my house and we started living together as soon as it got official.

We got married as soon as I graduated high school. I thought nothing was going to change, but there was a surprising change to what I was feeling.

It felt good to receive the blessings and be recognized by those around us.

 

"―― You know, I might have gotten pregnant."

"Ooh, really?!"

"Yeah. I used state-of-the-art tests, so I'm sure of it."

"I see~! I hope she's a pretty girl like Akane."

"I want a cool boy like you."

 

Out of the many paths I had, I chose to walk with her.

Where this road led, of course, was a happy ending.

This path I was walking on would continue on ――

 

――――

 

"―― Eh? That matchmaking interview was a lie?!"

"I wouldn't say it's a lie, but...the photo on those papers were of Ikuto-san."

"What do you mean?"

"I think the president meddled in our relationship."

"...But you were on board with that interview too, weren't you, Akane-san?"

"Well, I was thinking I'd take my chances."

"Chances? What were you going to do after being in an interview with me?"

"...I thought I would try to make you jealous."

"Far from being jealous, my heart felt like it was about to be crushed."

"That was the best course of action for me."

"I see, but thanks to that, we're in this situation now."

"Please give thanks to my old self."

"Thank you. I'm happy because of you."

"Thanks. I'm happy, too."




I'm really, really happy for her, but I wanted her to be part of the harem, too 😭. Fellas, is it wrong to cope that his first time they talked about last chapter was her? /(ㄒoㄒ)/~~

Final chapter is next, and it's mostly character introductions, but there is a short story at the beginning that is important to the plot.

Choose which novel you would like me to translate here!


Comments

  1. When they said the first time was agreed by them all ,I knew in my head that it was Akane so no one can change my mind even if it is not that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are good to think that

      Delete
    2. We are on the same page,brother

      Delete
    3. in the kiss part she said that if she were to get involved it would get worse, so in my heart she was the first

      Delete
  2. Akane the true waifu for the true end

    Cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, I would like to see Akane-san as part of the harem, but this is good enough. I will raise my evaluation of this novel. Now I rate it 9.25 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this.. happiness?
    Just one chapter bring me so much feels compared the rest of the chapters 😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14