Gave Everything Up - V1C22


Volume 1, Chapter 22: Next Morning

 

 

I felt the house a little early today. Because I had committee work at school. Of course, I didn't join because I wanted to. I had to participate in something, so I had no choice but to sign up for the beautification committee.

 

The job of the beautification committee was to water the flowerbeds, wax after general cleaning, and replenish soap in the restroom when they ran out. I thought it would be easy work so I joined, but that wasn't the case. If I had known that I had to go to school so early in the morning, I wouldn't have become a beautification committee member.

 

Well, there was no use in pointing that out. I should go quickly and water the flowerbeds.

 

I picked up the watering can next to the flowerbed and twisted the faucet on.

Cold water came out and soaked my hands. As I was filling up the can, I heard a voice.

 

"Eh? Really?"

"Really, really! That guy's too cool, right?"

"Really cool, ain't he."

 

Those voices sounded like they came from a gyaru. When I looked at the source, three gyarus were having a talk while headed in my direction. No, they shouldn't be for me. I was sure they were headed for the school building.

 

I glanced at those three faces. And then, one of those faces was familiar to me.

 

"Hisai-san..."

 

Hisai-san, who was included in that group, had changed so much that I couldn't even tell who she was. She didn't wear glasses and her manner of speaking was completely different. Her uniform was too casual and exposed a lot of skin. It was so drastic that I couldn't picture that person as the same Hisai-san at my part-time job.

 

As I was thinking this, I made eye contact with Hisai-san.

...It was Hisai-san, right? It would be awkward to have eye contact with a stranger instead...

 

I thought that, but the other person also looked at me and opened her eyes in surprise, so I wasn't mistaken.

There was no need to talk at school, so I went back to watering the flowerbeds.

 

"Y-you guys go ahead first."

"Hmm? Sup, Aika?"

"T-there's just something."

"Hmm? Well, fine. We'll go first."

 

It was Hisai-san after all. It was amazing to have changed that much.

Thinking that as I watered the flowers, a shadow approached me from the side.

 

"Um...g-good morning, Tamaki-kun..."

"Good morning. Hisai-san."

"..."

"..."

The conversation wasn't continuing...why did this person talk to me? We didn't have to interfere with each other at school. I thought that, but Hisai-san then went on.

 

"T-that...I guess you’re surprised. You must not have expected me to be so different."

"Yeah, I certainly was shocked."

"R-right...it seems unpleasant, after all."

 

As she said that, Hisai-san's eyes were as pale as ashes.

 

"That's not true."

"Ahaha...thanks."

"I really think it’s amazing."

"Thanks."

"I think it’s amazing to be able to make such an effort to be loved."

"Huh?"

 

Hisai-san looked a bit stunned.

 

"I won’t be able to put that much effort. But Hisai-san can. Appearance might be easy, but you can't change the way you speak without putting in the work. Hisai-san being able to do that is really amazing."

"T-thanks..."

 

Hisai-san said quietly and lowered her head. Oh no. Did I say something bad?

 

"I-I'm going now."

"Okay."

 

Saying that, Hisai-san trotted towards the school building.

 

Huh? So why did Hisai-san talk to me in the first place? Well, it’s fine.

 

"Manato."

 

I was suddenly approached from behind, and my heart jumped in surprise.

 

"W-what is it, Ayano?"

 

There, stood Ayano.

 

"What's the matter?"

"That person, who's she?"

"...Why do I have to tell you that?"

 

I asked the other party, feeling suspicious.

 

"It's fine, right? Tell me."

"...A friend."

 

I was wondering what to say, but I told her she was a friend.

 

"Oh, is that so."

"What."

"Well, it's fine. I'll forgive you because I'm kind."

 

Forgive? Forgive what?

 

"What are you going to forgive me for?"

"You've been talking to that woman, haven't you?"

 

What was she saying?

 

"Why do I have to be forgiven by you for that?"

 

It was up to me who I should talk to.

 

"Because I'm Manato's girlfriend."

"...Huh?"

 

I couldn't help but let out a voice. Who was whose girlfriend? No way such a thing was possible.

 

"What are you really getting at?"

"I'm Manato's girlfriend, so I have to keep an eye on Manato so he doesn't cheat."

"...First of all, you and I aren't going out."

"???"

 

The woman in front of me had a face as if she didn't understand what I was saying. Her expression gave me fear.

 

"Oh, it's this time already. I'm going ahead."

 

Saying that, Ayano turned her back on me and started walking.

Cold sweat dripped down my forehead.

 

"That girl...what's up with her?"

 

My instinct told me that she was crazy. Maybe it was better to not get too involved with her...

 

With that in mind, I headed to the school building.



⸻⸻⸻ (ノ*ФωФ)ノ ⸻⸻⸻

TN Note:

Lmao. What in the actual f*ck is happening.




Want more chapters? Please support me over on Ko-fi!

Comments

  1. The link from chapter 21 to here is broken. And wtf is happening. 911 are u there? I need help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell whether MC dodged a bullet by distancing himself from Ayano, or if he made things worse. Things went from 0 to 100 with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayano is fucked up that is why she's crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now our MC is in trouble.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayano is a stupid hypocrite

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14