Gave Everything Up - V1C21


Volume 1, Chapter 21: Visitor

 

 

"M-Manato."

 

When I arrived home from my part-time job, Maki-san spoke to me.

 

"What is it?"

 

I replied plainly.

 

"...A-are you not pushing yourself at your part-time job?"

"Yes, it's okay."

 

I really was okay.

 

"R-really? You’re not pushing yourself?"

"I'm okay."

 

What did she care so much? I didn't understand.

 

"...I see."

"?"

 

What's wrong? Was that all she wanted to say?

 

"Is that all?"

"Ah...yeah. Sorry for taking your time."

"No, I don't mind, so it's fine."

 

I said that and went back to my room with the food I brought on my way back.

 

 

"...If you say you don’t mind, then it might not have really mattered to you."

 

Maki had a dry smile on her face.

 

 

When I returned to my room to eat my dinner alone, the door to my room was knocked on twice.

Who was it?

 

"O-onii-chan."

 

This voice was Nana-san, huh.

 

"Is there something wrong?"

 

When I said that, Nana-san paused for a moment before replying.

 

"Um, I was wondering if you could let me in your room...or something."

 

...I didn't really care, but why would she want to go inside my room?

 

"It's okay."

 

I had doubts, but there was no particular reason to not let her in. And so, I opened the door and guided Nana-san inside.

 

"Sorry for the intrusion..."

 

Come to think of it, when I was little, she used to come into my room to play. This reminded me of the old days.

 

"How nostalgic..."

 

Nana-san's eyes seemed to have a certain sadness to them as she muttered that.

 

"So, what’s the matter?"

 

I guess there was a reason she came to my room. So, I asked her why.

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

Suddenly, Nana-san lowered her head with such force and said so.

 

"Huh?"

 

While I was puzzled by her unknown behavior, Nana-san spoke up.

 

"I don't think this apology would be enough to have me forgiven. But still, let me apologize. I'm really sorry."

 

Her voice was serious. For that reason, it made me even angrier.

 

"...Is that all you want to say?"

"...Yes."

"I see. Then please leave now."

"Ah...yes, sorry."

 

Saying that, Nana-san walked out of my room, slightly hunched.

 

"Why not a bit earlier..."

 

I should stop. There was no point in thinking about this. It was all in the past.

 

The past couldn't be changed. But the future could be. If someone said something like that earlier, then they were probably a carefree fool who didn't think of the future. People didn't change easily. And if someone was ignored for that long of a period, then an apology like that wouldn't be enough to forgive them.

 

Maybe I was just small-minded. But I couldn't forgive her.

 

If only she said that a bit earlier...I didn't even know what I was thinking myself.



⸻⸻⸻ (ノ*ФωФ)ノ ⸻⸻⸻

TN Notes:

Sorry for the late upload again. Still busy with college.

Chapter was short. But this had more progress than the past 5 chapters, I think. I'm getting interested again. Is something finally going to happen or move forward?




Want more chapters? Please support me over on Ko-fi!

Comments

  1. "Maybe I was just small-minded."
    No way, did you figure it out yourself? I hate how the MC treats his family as if they were strangers trying to waltz back into his life after a long time, when it's only been a few days since he "gave up on everything". People don't change that easily, the MC says so himself but he apparently thinks he's different, able to completely change his whole personality overnight. In the end he's just like his sister, acting coldly for attention's sake and not thinking of the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that people can change overnight, but I believe its rather that they chose a way to move on and act accordingly. He chose to cut them off and now he's acting with such intention. Might be regret it, but no way going back now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because, after he finally decided to cut it off, he feels conflicted with the way his mother and sister are acting now. Until he decides to accept them again........it will take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this rate the one who will regret it in the end is the mc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14