Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C1


Volume 3, Chapter 1: Sister and Brother Don't Get Along?

 

  Give up

Don't give up

 

 

"―― It's about time for you to get up."

 

I heard a serene, beautiful voice. That familiar tone entered my ears and gently woke me up.

However, I was sleepy today. Probably because I stayed up late watching movies.

Today was Saturday, a day off, so I turned over, thinking it would be nice to sleep for a little bit longer.

 

"This is troublesome."

 

I wished she would give up. It didn't even seem like it was that late yet.

I was determined to keep sleeping, but an indescribable voice murmured in my ear.

That brain-numbing sound was so sweet that I wanted to keep listening forever.

 

"Ikuto-san, wake up, please? If you don't ―― I'll heel-drop you, okay?"

"I-I'm awake! I'm perfectly awake!"

"I'm glad. Then, please go wash your face."

 

When I opened my eyes to see who the owner of the voice was, I knew it was Koudzuki-san.

She was dressed in a suit and apron, an outrageous outfit that could practically get anyone stimulated.

By the way, Koudzuki-san was also a karate expert who attended my grandpa's dojo. She was much stronger than I was, and it would be seriously unfortunate if I were to get hit by her heel-drop.

 

"Be a bit gentler...can't you wake me up more that way?"

"How would you like to be woken up? A palm strike, perhaps?"

"Do you intend to put me to sleep forever? Please don't cause injuries and just shake me gently."

"Is that so. I understand, Although, I did consider my actions."

 

After saying this, Koudzuki-san headed towards the kitchen. Maybe she was preparing breakfast.

Her presence meant that today was the day for an unannounced visit. Not good, I was afraid that after breakfast, sermon time would start.

However, didn't she say she had deliberated earlier? If she did...then after she considered it, she decided on a heel drop?

 

――――

――

 

After breakfast, sermon time began as expected.

I knew this would happen, but apparently, I didn't have the ability to live by myself. No matter how many times she told me, I wasn’t improving, and Koudzuki-san just sighed at me.

I wasn't good at cleaning nor laundry, and cooking, too. It wasn't so much that my room could be called dirty, and it looked typical for a guy who lived alone, but it seemed like that wasn't enough for Koudzuki-san.

I was a high school student who had time to spare, and now I was a bit scared of what would happen when I would start working in the future.

 

"Even if you look good, you will disappoint any girl who sees this room, you know?"

"Yes..."

"At the very least, please clean and do your laundry frequently."

"Yes..."

"Also, I think you should learn to cook a little."

"Yes..."

"The only tasks you seem to have perfected were ironing and taking out the trash."

"Yes..."

"Haa...wouldn't it be better for me to just live here as well?"

"Yes...ah no, I'm fine."

 

I thought it would be a good idea, but if I got spoiled here, I would really be screwed.

But still, Koudzuki-san always asked me that. I wondered if she was so worried about me.

 

"...How about you go get a girlfriend and live together? Since you’re not fine with me."

"W-why does it seem like you're angry? Or rather, don't say things like my mother does."

 

Koudzuki-san's expression hardly changed, but I noticed she was in a bad mood.

We had been together for a reasonably long time, so it was easy to see that her mood had changed.

Well, I didn't know why, though. Maybe she was disgusted with my sloppy lifestyle.

 

"So then, Ikuto-san. What are your plans for today?"

"Ah~, today I was thinking of going to see Souji-san..."

 

The moment I said this, Koudzuki-san exuded out an atmosphere even more irritated than before.

They were colleagues working at the same company, but for some reason, the two of them didn't get along well. When I asked Koudzuki-san once if she liked Souji-san, she got really upset.

 

"...What do you want to do with that man?"

"I was wondering if I could consult about something..."

"Is that something you can't consult me about?"

"Um...he’s a researcher, isn’t he? That's the direction I'm going at."

 

And so, Koudzuki-san reluctantly agreed.

After breakfast, I cleaned up and did laundry under Koudzuki-san's instructions, before being sent to the research facility of Earth Road Pharmaceuticals.

 

――――

――

 

"―― So, what do you think?"

 

Koudzuki-san dropped me off and I visited the research facility of Earth Road Pharmaceuticals.

Inside a small conference room in one of the buildings, I was facing a male laboratory worker.

 

"Do you realize how crazy you sound?"

"Well...I guess? I mean, I can't help but say stuff like that..."

 

The name of the guy with the appearance of a laboratory worker was Aohi Souji.

He had a gentle face, but I heard that he used to be quite the delinquent back in the old days.

 

"Can't help but say...is it a sense of justice or something like that?"

"If anything, more like a sense of obligation."

 

I told Souji-san about what I had been doing lately. I appreciated that he listened without making fun of me.

I didn't expect an answer, but I wanted someone to hear it.

 

"A sense of obligation, huh."

"Like a role, something like that."

"Obligations to play a role..."

"I feel uncomfortable and it doesn't feel like my true intention, but it isn't strange or anything when I do start talking."

 

Souji-san crossed his arms and groaned.

I had been consulting with him for a long time, and he also helped with studies, so I couldn't help but look forward to what he has to say.

I thought that this person might be able to have an answer.

 

"I don't get it~."

"...I see."

 

Expectations were not met.

However, I wasn't too disappointed. I might not have been expecting as much as I thought I did.

It wasn't a problem that interfered with my daily life, and I realized it was only when I was involved with Tendou.

 

"Well, if there was one thing with the most potential to be the cause, it would be stress."

"Stress, huh..."

 

Had I been stressed lately?

On the contrary, I might have been enjoying school life and friendships this year instead.

Hm...? Was it that one? Could it be I was getting stressed when I was involved with Tendou?

I wondered if I was allergic to him.

 

"Or maybe, I am actually the chosen one? Or a sign that I'm going to be reincarnated in another world?"

"Hm~m, I guess it would be more realistic to be brainwashed by aliens."

 

There was no sense of reality with aliens. Well, maybe he was trying to say that there were no such things as reincarnations in another world.

So, was it stress after all? I wondered if I was accumulating stress without ever realizing it.

 

"If it is as you're talking about, everyone on Earth should be given a role, then?"

"Sounds philosophical. But you don't like philosophy right, Souji-san?"

"Well, I'm a scientific researcher after all."

 

Was he going to say that there was nothing science couldn't prove?

I was more or less the same type of person, but there were many things that since couldn't do nor prove.

Even cure-alls were one of them. It was really tempting to seek guidance from an unscientific being like a god,

 

"You're a useless researcher, then.

"...Oh? You were there, Koudzuki-san."

"I see you've been doing too much research and now your eyesight is getting worse? Poor thing."

 

Actually, Koudzuki-san was with us the whole time.

She sat next to me silently listening, and then she continued her words as if to mock.

 

"Why don't you change your nameplate? Chief Researcher (lol) Aohi Shouji."

"Don't laugh, how about the opposite then? Why don't you change yours, too? Iron-Masked Secretary Director, Koudzuki Akane."

"I just don't have a smile to show you. I'm very deredere with Ikuto-san."

"I hope you won't ever show my bro a nasty smile."

 

Ah, it started. They were always like this when they see each other.

According to what I heard, they had bad blood since long ago.

That was why I didn't want to bring Koudzuki-san along. I refused and didn't ask her to come with me, but she reluctantly followed along.

 

"What a really annoying man."

"What a dainty woman."

 

Were they completely incompatible? The more you fight, the closer you get...but it was nothing like that.

 

"Ikuto-kun. Why don't leave this woman and have lunch with me?"

"Ikuto-san is having lunch with me. Now, let's leave this man alone and go."

"...Um, then how about the three of us ――"

""―― I refuse.""

 

I want this sister and brother to get along, but children shouldn't meddle in adult relationships.

Giving up, I left the research facility with Koudzuki-san, telling Souji-san that I would come again.




Extra chapter since previous ones were supposed to be uploaded yesterday but I fell asleep after submiting my exams `(*>﹏<*)′


Comments

  1. Thanks for the translation! Koudzuki-san was the main heroine all the way along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for hard working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like even without interfering, Ikuto already had his own background harem of older ladies even during a regular playthrough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14