Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C2


Volume 3, Chapter 2: Organic over Beef Bowl

 

Beef bowl with extra broth

  Order somewhere else

 

 

On the way back from the research facility, we decided to have lunch at this time, and so Koudzuki-san and I were discussing inside the car about where to eat.

Even though I did mention a discussion, I only made suggestions, and Koudzuki-san kept on agreeing with whatever I said.

 

"Hm~m...how about pasta?"

"That sounds good."

"...How about beef bowls..."

"Fine with me, too."

"Kakei ramen and all that..."

"Whatever you prefer."

"I want something personally made by Akane-oneechan."

"Guh?! I-I don't mind that, too."

 

I had no idea where to take this onee-san. Rather, it was a bit wrong of me to say to 'take' her.

Was the safest bet a cheap Italian restaurant? I would like to see Koudzuki-san eat beef bowls or ramen, but I was sure that she could eat anything with elegance.

Since she was driving, I couldn't see her expression, and that was a problem.

We had been together for a long time, and I didn't know what her favorite food was. It was when I was looking out the car window when I realized that I should have paid attention to this.

 

Just when I saw a well-known chain restaurant, I saw a classmate of mine going inside.

I didn't want to go there. It would be troublesome to be seen with Koudzuki-san.

 

"Ah...Koudzuki-san. How about we go there?"

"I understand."

 

I decided on a restaurant a bit further that was exuding a luxurious atmosphere, and told Koudzuki-san.

I was sure the mature Koudzuki-san wouldn't have any problems there. I also wanted to see Koudzuki-san say, "I'll take a large serving of beef bowl with lots of broth", but that should be an opportunity for another time.

 

She stopped the car in the parking lot, and we entered the restaurant. The outside was stylish, but the inside was as well.

While thinking that this place could be suitable for a date, we occupied a seat and opened the menu.

 

"Nu...? Eh...? What's this?"

"There's quite a lot here."

"Eh...ah, that's right! You can order whatever you like!"

"Then, I won’t hesitate."

 

...Weren’t these too expensive? Even a value meal set costed almost 2,000 yen. On the chain store nearby, I could get a full meal with just a coin.

I hurriedly checked the surrounding customers, but there were no students anywhere. All I could see were beautiful ladies.

 

"Organic...healthy plate (why is it at that price with that quantity)..."

"Sounds good. Ikuto-san should eat a few more vegetables, you know?"

"Y-yeah, but I feel like in the mood for plain udon today."

"That doesn't seem like it's enough..."

 

There were cheap ones, but they all seemed to be of small quantities. Besides, if only I chose something inexpensive, even Koudzuki-san would be hesitant to pick anything else.

Whatever the reason might be, I was here with a girl, and I didn't want her to be so reserved.

 

"...I'll have the Organic Triple Plate and Consommé Soup."

"Aren't there also meat dishes here? Would that be enough for you?"

"I, am a small eater. Also, I don't eat enough green."

"...Is that so. Then, I'll have some meat."

 

I chose the most expensive item in this restaurant. So, there were vegetables that costed more than meat...well, probably because it was a triple serving.

Having decided on our food, I rang the bell and called the waiter.

Koudzuki-san took out her tablet and started operating something, while I quietly checked the contents of my wallet.

 

"Thank you for waiting. Your order...huh?!"

"...Hmm? A frog?"

"I told you I'm not a frog! W-why are you even here?!"

 

I turned my attention towards the clerk, thinking what a bad attitude she had.

There, was a lovely girl in a green-accented uniform.

 

"It's Azumi. What are you doing here?"

"It's a part-time job! What else could it be?!"

 

She let out a loud voice. Azumi looked a bit flustered and covered her mouth, seemingly realizing that she was still at work.

 

"High school students rarely come here...so why here of all places..."

 

She was mumbling something, and fortunately, she didn't attract too much attention. Azumi, looking dignified once again, returned to acting as a waiter, her cheeks dyed a bit red.

By the way, Koudzuki-san put down her tablet when she realized we knew each other.

 

"...So, what's your order?"

"What's with that tone? I'm a customer, you know."

"Guh...Have you decided on your order..."

"A smile from you, please."

"A-are you making fun of me... C-customer? Your order?!"

 

Azumi smiled awkwardly, but when her eyes began to twitch, I stopped making fun of her and said our orders obediently.

Azumi quickly left after confirming.

 

"What a lovely person. Is she your friend?"

"She's a very popular student at school. Friend...not sure if I'm allowed to call her that."

 

Until our food arrived, I chatted with Koudzuki-san about Azumi.

However, I didn't know much about her, either. I only knew that she was conscious with fashion, that she wore side-tails outside of school, that she wore dorky glasses, and that was all of it.

Ah, come to think of it, there was that thing. When I was wondering when I would get to talk to Azumi again, that opportunity quickly came.

 

"Thank you for waiting. Here's your Triple Plate and Consommé Soup."

 

It was Azumi who served our food. I expected her to avoid us, but Azumi seemed to have switched on work mode.

Anyway, Azumi placed my Triple Plate in front of Koudzuki-san.

 

"Azumi, that plate is mine."

"Huh...? Eh, you're going to eat this?"

"Yeah. That meat over there is hers."

"S-sorry for the confusion..."

 

Azumi, looking a little surprised, moved the vegetable platter towards me and repositioned the meat dish in front of Koudzuki-san.

She had an expression like she wanted to say something, but she held back and left without saying anything.

 

"Is your order complete? Then, please take your time ――"

"―― Hey, aren't you a cutie? What time do you get off? Do you want to hang out after?"

"...Tch. Please go pick up girls elsewhere."

"That's a harsh tongue. I'm just kidding...so, what time?"

 

I smiled and stuck my tongue out. As expected, even the easy Azumi wouldn't budge while working.

 

"Why should I tell you?"

"The other day, you talked about cosmetics and stuff. This is my sister."

 

Perhaps realizing that she had been brought to attention, Koudzuki-san lightly nodded to Azumi. Even though I hadn't talked about what to do just yet, it was amazing that she responded so quickly.

When Koudzuki-san did so, Azumi nodded back in response, a bit nervous.

 

"H-hello. I thought you were his girlfriend."

"That seat is empty, you know? Would you like to take the seat?"

"I won't sit down, why should I?"

"Well, later then... So, how long 'til then?"

"Less than two hours...I think."

 

I could wait that much. Today was the day of the regular unannounced visit, so Koudzuki-san's schedule was all allocated to me.

Just in case, I looked at Koudzuki-san, but she nodded head to say there were problems on her end.

 

"I'll wait."

"B-but that wouldn’t be too good..."

"Did you have anything planned? Like a date?"

"I-it's not like that! I don't have any, but..."

"I'll wait for you. I'm free today anyway."

 

She didn't seem averse to the idea, just hesitant, so I pushed her a little.

Koudzuki-san was required to listen to Azumi's request. However, it wasn't often that Koudzuki-san had a free day in her schedule.

It was bad enough for to have her to keep us company on her holidays, but since my regular unannounced visits were apparently part of her job, today should be the best time to do so.

 

"O-okay, got it. I feel bad for making you wait...but, I'll see you later. Sorry, and thank you."

"Don't worry about it. Good luck with your job."

 

Azumi bowed to Koudzuki-san who smiled lightly in response, and went back to doing her work. We began our meal, patiently waiting while enjoying a leisurely lunch.

However, everything was green, and to be honest, I wasn't so thrilled about it. I was also worried that it wouldn't be enough for my stomach.

Well, this was also for my health. I was thinking this while lifting my fork when I realized it.

On the edge of my plate was a large piece of meat. I hurriedly looked towards Koudzuki-san's plate and saw that her portion had been reduced by about half.

 

"I, am a small eater."

 

While wondering if I was seen through by Koudzuki-san, I offered one of the three plates to her.





Comments

  1. Don’t know why, but this website has a lot of scams like “Your iPhone has been infected with a virus.” I don’t mind the ads but is it possible to stop these virus scams from changing the webpage. Hard to read when a virus pops up every chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorry about that. I'll be removing that ad provider, so expect those kinds of ads to be gone in about a day or two.

      Delete
    2. Ah thank god that it's gone. Thanks man

      Delete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14