Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 11.5


Thanks to illegalAle for donating! Sponsored chapter 2/4.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 11.5: Tendou Fan Service Chapter

 

Author Note:

Sorry, this is a rejected storyline that was accidentally posted.

I thought I erased it, but Tendou's grudge must have been too strong.

I considered deleting it, but since everyone conveniently thought of it as an if-route, I'll leave it be.

This has nothing to do with the main story.


TN Note: You can skip this.

 

 

―― Look for Hanae

 

When I found out the reason why she had been by my side, or rather, my house, so often, I couldn't just sit still and ran out outside.

I wanted to talk to Hanae. I didn't know the reason why, but I just wanted her beside me.

The only place for Hanae, who was having a hard time at her own house, was my home.

Where was Hanae going if she wouldn't even stay here?

Normally, you would think that she would just go back, but I was sure that it must be uncomfortable for her.

I should have been that to her.

Hanae lost this place she had because I took her presence for granted and didn't think much of it, or maybe because I said I liked Reika.

Perhaps she was lying when she said she found someone she liked.

Maybe she just needed a reason to leave.

Even so, now that I know her circumstances, I couldn't just let her go.

 

"Damn it, she's not responding..."

 

I tried calling her, but I couldn't get through. It hadn't been that long since Hanae left, but I doubt she was still around here.

I tried contacting Hanae's house, but it went to voicemail, so no one must be at home.

Should I wait near her house? No, there was a possibility that she wouldn't come back.

If she wouldn't...then, maybe a friend's house? I honestly didn't know anything about Hanae's social circle. I only know of Reika.

But when I tried contacting Reika...damn it!

For the time being, I ran towards the station.

 

――――

――

 

―― A miracle happened.

As I arrived at the station, I looked around while entertaining the thought of going to Hanae's house.

There was no reason for her to be here because she didn't use the train. Unless, she intended to go to her friend's house.

But the station was overflowing with people, and I somehow thought that Hanae might be among them, so I searched around.

Then, there she was. In a corner of the station, leaning against the wall as she waited for someone.

I rushed to towards her location. She was going to her friend's house after all, I thought.

 

"―― ?!"

 

My running feet stopped suddenly after seeing the shadow of a guy approaching Hanae.

I thought she was getting hit on, but this was different. It was evident if you took a look at Hanae's elated expression.

And more importantly, that guy's profile was all too familiar to me.

 

Why, why was Jimichi...!!

 

My legs wouldn't move. People around me looked at me strangely as I stopped all of a sudden, or maybe because I was in their way.

Why was it Jimichi? Did the two know each other? Did they meet by chance? Why was Hanae blushing?

They were classmates, so they might have at least spoken a word to each other. It was a given that they would know each other too because of that.

She probably reddened because she was surprised by Jimichi's sudden appearance. If a classmate suddenly appeared in front of you, I might, too.

...But then why, why were they crossing their arms!!

 

So, it was all you again?! What the hell was he really up to?!

He seemed to have gotten to know her without my knowledge, and before I knew it, she was gone from my side.

He was involved in everything! It couldn't be a coincidence!

 

"―― ?!"

 

They started walking, arms crossed. Jimichi took the bag from Hanae and disappeared into the station.

Where were they going? She didn't need to use the train to get home, didn't she?!

 

―― Chase

 

I rushed after them. Before I noticed it, my legs were moving.

 

"Jimichi! Wait!"

 

I could feel eyes around me gathering, startled by my shout, but I wasn't focused on that.

My voice seemed to have reached him, and Jimichi turned around. Hanae also did, albeit late, and her expression was filled with surprise.

 

"...Tendou? What are you doing here?"

"That's my line! You...what are you trying to do?!"

"What, you say...I'm on my way home."

"So, why is Hanae with you!"

"...For now, calm down. You're bothering people."

 

Even in this situation, I got angry at the ever so calm Jimichi.

Why did he look like that even though he took Hanae away from me?

Be a bit more flustered! Make an expression like you had been seen doing something wrong!

 

"Haa...sorry about this, Hanae."

"N-no. I think it's my fault, sorry..."

 

I didn't know what they were talking about, but their arms were still tangled.

The two, along with me, moved a place where we wouldn't disturb others.

 

"―― So, what is it?"

"You, what have you been doing to Hanae?!"

"What, huh...I've been helping her in her studies lately."

"Don't joke with me! Then why are still crossing arms right now?!"

 

The one who was surprised at my words instead was Hanae, and she hurriedly broke off from Jimichi.

She wasn't aware of it until I pointed it out? How could she possibly even do that if he was just a mere classmate?

 

"Hanae is my childhood friend!"

"...And then?"

"My childhood friend belongs to me! Not you!"

"..."

 

At these words, Jimichi fell silent, and Hanae tried to speak up instead.

But Hanae was stopped by Jimichi. Hanae followed, and I got irritated at the sight of that.

 

"Wasn't it because you couldn't become a place for Hanae, that she’s here with me right now?"

"You're the one who took her away! You must have done something to her!"

"...You're being way too paranoid."

"I know I made mistakes! But it must be your fault she left! If it wasn't for you, she still would be by my side! I could've become her place, instead!"

 

I was in the right, definitely.

I might have made some mistakes, that I would admit. But we had come so far under these circumstances, and it was only recently that things changed.

It must have been after she met Jimichi. He changed her, and she wouldn't have changed without him.

Because I was that to her. Me and Hanae had known each other since childhood.

 

"She's my precious childhood friend! I know her better than anyone! I was there with her more than anybody else!"

"Your precious childhood friend..."

"Yes, we've known each other for that long ――"

"―― So, what if you were her childhood friend?  What did you know about her childhood? Were you really there for her?"

 

What, you ask, of course I knew a lot of things. I should know, we had been together for so long.

At the very least, I knew more than you do!

 

"What was her childhood friend doing while she was suffering?"

"That..."

"You've been calling her nothing but childhood friend since a while ago..."

"S-so what?!"

"You're only thinking of her as your childhood friend, and not as Hanae, aren't you?"

"W-what...of course I didn’t!"

"You are. How do you think people would see Hanae if you shouted at that kind of place? If you were thinking about her, you wouldn't have acted like that."

 

It was certainly a fact that my mind blacked out and I yelled without considering anything.

But this was a different story. It sounded like a good argument, by my perception of her was different from what my actions earlier.

 

"If you wanted to, anybody could be your childhood friend."

"What does that even mean!"

"It's not that you don't want to lose Hanae, but you just don't want to let go of a convenient childhood friend who is always by your side."

"That's not the case! Hanae is mine!"

 

I didn't understand. But I knew that my childhood friend is Hanae.

Whoever it was, of course it mattered. Because it was specifically Hanae, I wanted her by my side.

 

"...So, what's your goal in the end? What do you even want to do?"

"I want you to get away from Hanae!"

"Haa...it's already getting troublesome...―― Hanae."

"W-what is it?"

 

Jimichi sighed and called out Hanae all of a sudden, who had shrunk back.

Hanae, showing a bit of a surprised expression, was even more so by Jimichi's following words.

 

"Who do you want to be with, me or your childhood friend?"

"Wha?!"

 

What kind of question was this guy asking out of nowhere?! There was no way that Hanae could ever answer so determinedly.

 

"Um...―― I-Ikuto-kun...I think?"

"Ha...Hanae?! Why...!"

 

But she responded clearly.

She had a bit of a hard time saying that, but there was no hesitation in her words, and her bashful expression was like that of your typical girl.

You were forced to say that by Jimichi, weren't you? Right?!

 

"That's how it is. If you say she's a dear childhood friend of yours, then respect her choice."

"Screw you! Hey, Jimichi ――"

"―― Susumu-kun. Can we please not continue this anymore?"

"W-why..."

 

When I was about to follow those two to the gate and take hold of her hand, Hanae's words stopped me in my tracks.

Her cold, indifferent voice was the first time I had ever heard of it, and there was a clear emotion of rejection in her eyes.

Their arms intertwined again as they passed through the ticket gate, never looking back.





Comments

  1. Wait so is this like an if-story. cause it sounds totally possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. An if-story? I can totally see this happening, but I feel things could have worse in many other senses. What destiny does author-sama wants for Tendou? Could it really be worse than this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was rejected, because for me it was very out of character

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14