Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3 SS 12


Thanks to illegalAle for the donation! Sponsored chapter 3/4.

 

Volume 3, Side Story 12: Destination...

 

Chase after Hanae

  Give it some time

 

―― Chase after Hanae

 

When I found out the reason why she had been by my side, or rather, my house, so often, I couldn't just sit still and ran out outside.

I wanted to talk to Hanae. I didn't know the reason why, but I just wanted her beside me.

The only place for Hanae, who was having a hard time at her own house, was my home.

Where was Hanae going if she wouldn't even stay here?

Normally, you would think that she would just go back, but I was sure that it must be uncomfortable for her.

I should have been that to her.

Hanae lost this place she had because I took her presence for granted and didn't think much of it, or maybe because I said I liked Reika.

Perhaps she was lying when she said she found someone she liked.

Maybe she just needed a reason to leave.

Even so, now that I know her circumstances, I couldn't just let her go.

 

"Damn it, she's not responding..."

 

I tried calling her, but I couldn't get through. It hadn't been that long since Hanae left, but I doubt she was still around here.

I tried contacting Hanae's house, but it went to voicemail, so no one must be at home.

Should I wait near her house? No, there was a possibility that she wouldn't come back.

If she wouldn't...then, maybe a friend's house? I honestly didn't know anything about Hanae's social circle. I only know of Reika.

But when I tried contacting Reika...damn it! How did both Reika and Hanae turn out like this?

For the time being, I ran towards the station.

 

――――

――

 

―― A miracle happened.

As I arrived at the station, I looked around while entertaining the thought of going to Hanae's house.

There was no reason for her to be here because she didn't use the train. Unless, she intended to go to her friend's house.

But the station was overflowing with people, and I somehow thought that Hanae might be among them, so I searched around.

Then, there she was. In a corner of the station, leaning against the wall as she waited for someone.

I rushed to towards her location. She was going to her friend's house after all, I thought.

 

"―― Reika...?"

 

My running feet stopped suddenly when I saw Reika approaching Hanae.

Sure enough, Hanae seemed like she was headed to Reika's house. This might get a bit awkward, but I wanted to talk to Hanae.

It was when I was about to move my feet again to tell her what happened, and for her to give me some time.

 

"―― ?!"

 

This time, a guy went towards them. I thought they were getting hit on, but it was different, as seen from the look on their eyes as they turned to him.

They reddened in joy, and that guy's profile was all too familiar to me.

Why, why was Jimichi...!!

 

My legs wouldn't move. People around me looked at me strangely as I stopped all of a sudden, or maybe because I was in their way.

Why were they with Jimichi? Did they meet him by chance? Why were the both of them blushing? They were just acquaintances, weren't they?

They probably got all red because they were surprised by Jimichi's sudden appearance. He was a guy with a pretty face, after all.

However, although I couldn't hear what they were talking about, their attitude told me that Jimichi was special to them.

Reika all too naturally linked up arms with Jimichi, and Hanae, after being seemingly teased about, held on to the hem of his clothes after leaving his bag to him.

 

So, it was really you again?! What the hell was he really up to?!

He seemed to have gotten to know them without my knowledge, and before I knew it, they were gone from my side.

He was involved in everything! It couldn't be a coincidence!

No way, but maybe...the guy they said they like after all was ――

 

"―― ?!"

 

Jimichi and the others started walking, arms crossed, and they disappeared into the station.

Where were they going? Reika aside, Hanae didn't need to use the train to get home, didn't she?!

I rushed after them. Before I noticed it, my legs were moving.

 

"Jimichi! Wait!"

 

I could feel eyes around me gathering, startled by my shout, but I wasn't focused on that.

My voice seemed to have reached him, and Jimichi turned around. The two also did, albeit late, and their expressions were filled with surprise.

 

"...Tendou? What are you doing here?"

"That's my line! You...what are you trying to do?!"

"What, you say...I'm on my way home."

"So why are the two of them with you!"

"...For now, calm down. You're bothering people."

 

Even in this situation, I got angry at the ever so calm Jimichi.

Why did he look like that even though he took those two people away from me?

Be a bit more flustered! Make an expression like you had been seen doing something wrong!

 

"Haa...sorry, you two."

"No, it's nothing..."

"..."

 

I didn't know what this was in response to, but that action also irritated me.

After checking up on them, Jimichi spoke quietly.

 

"Hey, why don't we talk over there? We're causing too much trouble here."

"I got nothing to say to you! You're the one who forcibly took these two away ――"

"―― Hey you, it's about time you stop that."

 

Reika's harsh voice and tone interrupted my words, and I was so shocked that I couldn't move.

I had never seen Reika like that before. I was used to seeing her angry, but this was nothing like the usual.

 

"Can you stop bothering us?"

"I-I..."

"Just the worst...and it was already such a good mood."

"..."

 

Why was she saying that? Didn't this all seem too ridiculous?

How could she possibly change so much in just a short amount of time!

 

"Susumu-kun, please...stop it already."

"Even...even you Hanae..."

"We're here because we wanted to be here."

"That's...a lie, right...?"

 

It didn't look like they were, but I would have broken down if I hadn't thought so.

They might have indeed gone his way now. But the problem was how.

He must have tricked me! Because this guy kept on saying things that didn't make any sense, and he only targeted the girls around me.

I didn't know what kind of tricks he used, but Jimichi wasn't thinking about these girls, and he only thought of making me suffer!!

 

"―― Tendou. Don't fall anymore."

 

At that moment, the air around Jimichi changed.

It wasn't that he suddenly got scared or intimidated.

I remembered seeing that some time ago. He had an expressionless face, and I had no idea what he was thinking.

That Jimichi still kept on uttering words I couldn't understand.

 

"―― You finally lost the last route, too."

 

His inorganic voice was more than enough to stiffen my face.

Last, route, and lost. Even if I wasn't able to discern what he was saying, I knew I had nothing left.





Comments

  1. Thank for a chapter.
    Just wondering should Umi-Kun (Tendo's friend) named Togawa Kai instead? I think both Umi/Kai use the same Kanji but Umi is kinda girlish name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umi is the furigana for his name all way back in V1 SS 2 (here's the raw link https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7828hr/17/). I don't know much about how names work in particular, but that's how the author wrote named him ヾ(•ω•`)o

      Delete
    2. *mysterious music* Because umi...... isn't a boy........

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, lol. The Author like, "Let's double the pain, muahahahahah..."

      Delete
  3. Yeah, this is definitely worse than the if-story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how sadistic. The author showed us that brutal what-if story, went "oh, hehe oops, that wasn't meant to be posted" and then proceeded to nonchalantly slam us with something twice as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew something was clearly missing from the last chapter! How could we have an interaction between the two without the cosmic horror?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14