Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C13


Volume 3, Chapter 13: Azumi Reika's Confession

 

 

After receiving confirmation from the Azumi family about the clinical trial, preparations proceeded at a rapid pace, and Reika and I visited Rei-san's room.

Because of daily demonstrations and tests he had to go through, we grew concerned about the tired-looking Rei-san, so we just had a normal talk with nothing in particular topic in mind.

Inside the hospital room was also her mother, Azumi Kaori. When I first saw her, I was surprised because she looked exactly just like Reika.

 

"No, but really, I just can't sleep with my feet in front of you, Ikuto-kun."

"But Rei-san, this bed, and your feet, directly points towards my house."

"I-is that so? Hm~m, this is troubling."

"I'm just kidding."

 

Laughing next to me was Reika as she listened to the trivial conversation between me and Rei-san, and the same was also true for Kaori-san next to him.

Reika said that the current atmosphere in the room was heaven and earth compared to what it had been just a few days ago. Both Reika and Kaori-san confessed that not a day went by where they didn't shed tears.

 

"Tomorrow's the big day."

"That's right, isn't it..."

"...Are you still scared after all?"

"That's not it. It’s not like I’m undergoing surgery."

 

Rei-san continued that it was much scarier to be in a state where he might not wake up tomorrow.

Rather than being afraid of dying, he didn't just want to leave Reika and Kaori-san behind.

Because of what he said, the atmosphere in the room changed a bit. As if trying to brighten the mood, Kaori-san's cheerful voice came out.

 

"More importantly, Reika. What do you think about Ikuto-san?"

"W-why all of a sudden?"

"You like him, don't you?"

"Like?! Why are you asking me that out of nowhere?!"

 

The two of them started talking about something interesting. Rei-san and I came to an understanding, and so we listened to their conversation.

Kaori-san was smiling teasingly, and Reika, unaware of the fact that she was being made fun of, blushed.

 

"It's obvious if you look at it, maybe even kindergartners could figure it out."

"I-I'm not that easy to figure out!"

"But you do like him, right?"

"I d-d...don't really...like him..."

 

Hang in there Reika! Overcome it! Don't let yourself lose to the tsun! Dere up!

I was tempted to shout that. But since it was amusing to watch, I just silently stared at Reika as she battled with her character.

 

"But you know? Aren't you going to lose if you keep that up?"

"W-what do you mean...lose..."

"Look closely at him. What part of him doesn't scream popular?"

"H-how would I know that!"

 

Reika turned to me at her mother's mention. As she tried to make eye contact, I hit her the most handsome smile I could muster.

However, she quickly looked away. Reika turned to Kaori-san again with a face that was more or less fully red.

 

"You see it, right? Even my heart couldn't help but flutter."

"Hey wifey, that's a little too much, don't you think?"

"Be honest with yourself, okay? If you keep on being tsun-tsun like that, you'll regret it, you know?"

"Are you one to say that? You were originally a tsun-tsun girl as well."

 

Was Reika's tsun-tsun inherited from her? If Reika's personality and appearance were so similar with her mother, would Reika grow up to become a beautiful girl like Kaori-san in the future?

How did Rei-san conquer such a Kaori-san? I should go ask him later.

 

"By the way, Reika. Who do you like better, Ikuto-kun or Dad?"

"...Of course, it's Dad."

"You gave it a lot of thought, huh? You used to immediately respond that Dad was the best in the world..."

 

Even if the generation was so different, there was still no way I could beat her father.

I didn't know about her past, but Reika was definitely a daddy's girl. She was even the kind of kid who tried to be cute to her dad.

 

"No, but Reika definitely likes me better, I could tell."

"W-what do you possibly understand?"

"Sorry, but I'm afraid you've become the second in the world instead."

"Wha...what'd you say...?"

"It’s the fate of a father. No matter how hard you try, you'll always be the second best."

"...I think I might die of shock."

 

I couldn't laugh when Rei-san was the one who said that. Kaori-san was giggling uncontrollably, but I personally didn't know if it was okay to do so.

 

―― At that moment, there was knock at the door.

The person who showed up was the doctor responsible for the clinical trial. Apparently, there was a lot more to talk about starting tomorrow.

I was an outsider, so it was time for me to leave. I said goodbye to the three of them and left the hospital room.

 

――――

――

 

I was waiting for the bus while I messed around with my phone. It seemed that I had bad timing again, so there was still some time before the bus arrived, and I decided to just wait.

I stopped asking Koudzuki-san to pick me up. She did a lot for me this time, and I couldn't cause her more trouble by requesting that of her.

What should I have for dinner tonight? It's been a while since I had food delivered...it was when I was thinking that.

 

"―― T-thank goodness, I made it."

"...Reika? What's wrong? Did I forget something?"

 

An out of breath Reika arrived. She had nothing on her, so it seemed like she wasn't planning on going home.

Reika didn't hand me anything, but just slowly sat down next to me.

 

"Well, that...you did forget something."

"Did you bring it for me? Sorry to make you do that."

"Hmm..."

 

I was waiting for that forgotten item that she was supposed to give me, but for some reason, Reika just remained motionless with her head down.

Was it something she didn't want to return? She was kind of acting like a kid.

I thought about calling out to her, but she had a somewhat contemplative look on her face, so I kept quiet and waited to see what she would do.

It took less than a minute in total, but Reika finally opened her mouth.

 

"So um, you know...?"

"Hmm."

"That...I...um..."

"Hmm."

 

Voices came out, but the content was incoherent.

She was about to say something, then stopped, and this kept on repeating. I had no intention of rushing her, but as Reika's expression gradually turned impatient, she said something amazing.

 

"Ah, umm...r-right! I was confessed to!"

"...Confessed to? Not the other way around?"

"T-they did, to me! Just a few days ago!"

“I-is that so..."

 

Crap, I guess I was bit too pretentious.

From Reika's manners and atmosphere, I thought she was going to confess to me. But then this happened, and now I felt embarrassed.

Well, it wasn't surprising for Reika to get a confession. In Kaori-san's words, there was no part of her that didn't scream popular.

 

"So, did you accept? That confession, I mean."

"Huh? Why should I? I refused, obviously."

"Obviously you say, huh."

"O-of course! Because...because, I...――"

 

Reika was at a loss for words again.

But unlike earlier, her eyes were fixed on me without her head lowered.

And then, she uttered those words.

 

"―― Because I like Ikuto."

 

As she said that, my embarrassment from earlier was gone and happiness filled my heart.

Reika was imposing, somewhat reminiscent of Kaori-san, as she spoke those words.

It didn't feel like she got too enthusiastic with it. Reika seemed somehow refreshed after she finished letting that out.

 

"Is that so?"

"'Is that so'?! Yes, it is! Of course, that would the case?!  So, take responsibility!"

"No, by responsibility ――"

"―― How crazy would I be to not like you?! You're good-looking, kind, reliable, and helpful! How can I not fall in love?! My head is full of thoughts about you!"

 

Reika spewed out sentences at a furious pace. I didn't even have time to react, and she kept on saying the reasons why she liked me one after the other.

She seemed to be in somewhat of a momentum. That imposing appearance from earlier was gone, and her face turned crimson with every word she let out.

 

"I like you! I fell in love with you! Sorry for looking so unsightly!!"

"No, you’re fine, but..."

 

Even if no one was around, was it okay shout at such a volume?

I got a little embarrassed, too. I was really happy she was feeling that way for me and expressed it.

 

"―― Haa...now I got it out of my chest."

"Um...good job? I’m pretty shy after all that, though."

"It's rare for you to be shy, huh? I thought you weren't able to feel that way."

"I'm not a robot, of course I have that emotion..."

 

She looked really refreshed somehow.

She said what she wanted to say and now she felt satisfied...was I satisfied?

 

"I just wanted you to know how I felt. But you knew, didn't you?"

"Well, I did have a feeling..."

"I'm not going to ask you to go out with me or something. I can't just monopolize someone who had treated me very well and helped me so one-sidedly."

"..."

"But, it's fine to love you, right? You're fine with me staying by your side?"

"Of course, I’d happy with that."

"Then, please take care of me from now on! I'm officially joining the Jimichi Harem!"

"Please stop with the Jimichi Harem already..."

 

Shigure, Mutsuki-senpai, and Reika. One was younger than me, the other the same age, and last was older, all of them pretty and beautiful, and all of them liked me?

Considering that exchange at the cafeteria, I didn't think they were going to hold back at school.

If that happened, then I wouldn’t have any choice left. The brainwashing that had only occurred in our classroom should now be spread throughout the school.

I didn't want to stay at a school where everyone was pointing fingers at me. It's Jimichi, so it can't be helped~, I wanted to have a presence that made everybody think that.

I wondered what to do to achieve this.

 

"For now, I should run as student council president."

"...I don't why you came to that conclusion out of nowhere, but I'm rooting for you."

 

Student council elections were held after summer break. I should prepare for it.

I was also going to make full use of power of our current president, as well as a younger mascot, and a fashionable beauty.

 

"Fufufu...I'm going to be the student council president and make the school a better place."

"Your words and expressions say the exact opposite, but for now, you look cool!"

"You're already too dere."





Comments

  1. Look the choices that usually being shown before the chapter is gone. This is truly the end game. I would expect there would be 1 last choices before the route lock to bad end for the game mc.


    Though i wonder if akane-san would automatically win as ikuto's wife if the game mc didn't f- up as badly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would assume Akane is the wife he would've had if Tendou didn't go on the bad routes. She was already into him before he changed so she eventually would've fallen into the wife role. He was basically a studying workaholic before so I cant see anyone else pulling it off and with her job she'd be perfect for previous him, the only one he mightve looked at.

      Delete
  2. Girl really got a whole vn route these last few chapters, eh? I kinda want the same for the rest of the girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the another new chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wao, Ikuto is evolving! He is now a Harem King of Grandmaster Degree. Soon, the school will be his domain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually, the generic mc in this kind of situation will be like "They all fell in love with someone worthless like me, like hell if that's the case. But they really confessed their love to me, and they even accepted harem. Even that, I still a useless beta male and maybe in the future, they will get fed up and regret this decision" or something. This MC is the real GIGACHAD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C2