Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4 Epilogue


Thanks to Rain Missakara for donating! Sponsored chapter 4/5.

 

Volume 4, Epilogue

 

 

After parting ways with Tendou, who said that he wasn't going to give up anytime soon, we were on our back to my place.

As expected, the girls took turns walking beside me as we couldn't realistically have everyone on my side at once.

It seems that they reached some kind of agreement between themselves, but in any case, it looked like the girls got along well, so that was good.

The problem now though was that they had a subtle, unpleasant expression on their faces ever since a while ago.

Is the rotation too disagreeable, after all? Or so I thought, but apparently, that wasn't the case.

When I saw that, my tension dropped, too.

 

"...Hey, Ikuto-kun."

"Hmm."

"Um...Ikuto-senpai."

"Yeah."

"What do you plan on doing about that?"

"Right."

"I’m coming along with you."

"Haa..."

 

A guy was walking a few steps behind us.

I was thinking that we might just happened to have the same way home, but apparently, that wasn’t the case.

What was he even thinking? I was amazed at his mental capacity, but I wished he considered ours, too.

I had no choice but to stop and face him, hiding the girls behind my back in the process.

 

"Can I help you? Tendou-kun."

"...Nothing, really."

"Then, can you go ahead? You're being a bother."

"I don't want to."

 

The guy who walking behind us, his name was Tendou Susumu.

Was this what he meant by not giving up? If so, it was very annoying.

I heard what he said loud and clear from that conversation earlier... I just didn't think he would follow up on it like this, but what a diamond-like mentality.

 

"....That's stalking, you know."

"Stalking?! I-I'm just trailing behind acquaintances!"

"No...that's still a stalker."

"Creep... A stalker, huh."

"I'm scared... There's a stalker here."

"Wow... It's a stalker."

 

Behind me, the four of them muttered in hushed voices. If he heard this, even Tendou was going to mentally collapse as you'd expect.

I would break if I were in his shoes. What was driving him? If only he could use that drive somewhere else.

 

"...I don't want a criminal as a classmate. How about you stop?"

"I won't give up! Besides, why do you even phrase it like that?! You're not even a boyfriend to them!"

"Boyfriend..."

 

That wasn’t particularly the crux of the problem, but Tendou had a point.

No matter what kind of relationship they once had, as long as they didn't like it, Tendou's behaviour was equivalent to stalking.

But if I, who wasn't even a boyfriend to them, couldn't speak out about that, then I ――

 

How about I ―― go out with someone?

But ―― who should I choose?

A choice ―― could I make a choice now?

 

"――."

"W-what the hell? Why do you look so vacant all of a sudden..."

 

――――●――――

 

"―― Ah...I can choose."

 

I had the feeling that something happened inside my head. But it wasn't anything unpleasant.

It felt like the things that were holding me down were gone, and now I was free of everything.

It was undeniable that I had feelings for them.

But I couldn't do anything to express those out, nor create a relationship from that, nor even respond to theirs.

I, couldn't choose anyone.

But, now ――

 

"―― Everyone, I have something to say."

 

I turned towards the girls, ignoring Tendou.

One by one, I took a look at each of the girls' faces, and made my mind up about a decision.

I chose from the options that emerged. This choice was mine alone, and the only choice I could make.

 

"I ―― like everyone. I want you all to be my girlfriends."

""""...Eh?!?!""""

"Wha?!"

 

I shut off the noise that came a bit later and followed it up to the girls, whose faces started to redden as they gradually understood the meaning of my words.

 

"I, like the gentle Hanae."

"Eh...eh?! Really?!"

"I, like the hardworking Reika."

"Y-you're...not lying, right?"

"I, like the always cheerful Airi."

"R-really?! I'm glad."

"I, like the ever so elegant Mutsuki."

"M-Mutsuki, you say...I'm a bit embarrassed..."

 

I said it. Only those few words, yet I couldn't even say those out loud.

The feelings I had for the four of them were certainly there. Was I unconsciously holding it down myself?

Maybe I did. Because you know, I chose them all.

Maybe that was something that wasn't allowed.

But, hmm...this choice wasn't a mistake. The look on the faces of the four convinced me of that.

 

"Please be my girlfriend, all of you. I won't make you regret it."

""""Yes!!""""

"Are...are you kidding me?! What do you mean 'all of them'?!"

 

I hugged the four of them who leaped into my arms.

The four fit snugly with each other. It seemed like I was able to wrap the four of them up.

...I might be living close to the edge here, but since I chose this path for myself, I was going to do everything I could to protect and make them happy.

 

"Ah~, sho~ luckyyy~."

"Hanae-senpai, please move a bit more."

"Oh no...I'm so happy I could die."

"Wait, Reika-san, pack a bit further."

"Also, 86400 more seconds please~."

"S-she calculated that despite being an airhead."

"...Seriously, I'm almost at my limit, so I'm going to step out for a bit."

"Yay..."

"You girls have a really good scent on you~...I might get a nosebleed."

"D-did I let out something?! What kind of smell even is a good smell!"

 

And just like that, it was flirting time for a while. For now, it was good that none of them said they wanted no part in a harem.

However, no matter how unpopulated the area was, you never know who or where someone might be watching you.

I told the girls we would continue these things at home to comfort them, as I asked them to separate for now.

 

"Jimichiii..."

"Oh, Tendou? You're still here?"

 

We hadn't been flirting for very long, but I didn't realize he was still here.

But there was nothing he could do about this now. We were in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship as of current.

 

"Now you should give up, right?"

"T-that's... Ah, right! Isn't four people impossible?! Someone is bound to get sad!"

"I won't make any of them sad, that I promise."

"Y-you're lying!  I, I won't give up ――"

"―― Yeah, yeah, sorry everyone! I'll take this guy with me, so please excuse us!"

"Wha?! Umi?! Where are you taking me?!"

 

Grabbing him from behind, Tendou was dragged away by my classmate Umi.

Apparently, Umi must have seen him, but in any case, the situation was saved. I almost called the police.

 

"L-let go! I, I!"

"Are you an idiot?! Are you a huge idiot?! You're really an idiot, aren't you?!"

"Shut up! I'm not giving uppppp!"

"Give up already, idiot! Really, you're too much of an idiot!"

"Stop calling me an idioooottttt ――"

 

They turned a corner and disappeared. Thank you, Umi-kun. I'd have to treat you to something next time.

I didn't think he gave up by the looks of it, but what else was he going to try to do?

―― Well, that was the bad end route for you.

 

"Yay! Then, I'll hold his left arm until we get to the station~."

"I won! I'll take the right!"

"...Tch."

"I'll be next from the station to his house, then."

 

The four of them started playing rock-papers-scissors without ever sparing a glance at Tendou, who had been making quite the ruckus.

Were these girls even going to ask for my opinion?

 

"I won't lose next time."

"Ahaha, suits me~."

"I'll try to win next time again."

"I won't lose to you."

"...I'll mention this now, but please live in harmony, okay?"

""""Of course! This is a harmonious war!""""

 

Declaring a war with a smile. I didn't know what was going to happen in the future, but I should just think about preserving these smiles.

This road might be bumpy, but I chose this for myself.

 

"For now, let's go home."

""""Yeah.""""

 

My path starts here.

True Harem Happy End Route.

 

I wonder if it's okay to have such a luxurious road.




And that concludes it for the main story! There are 6 extra chapters to go (including maybe a conclusion for Koudzuki, can't be sure because I haven't read those yet), so you can stick around for a bit longer. If you liked my translations, then please head on over to my Ko-fi to support me if you can! 

Choose which novel you would like me to translate here!

Lastly, I'll update the ToC sometime in the future. I'm still dealing with some college stuff for now.


Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapter and for translating this short but sweet story. All harem stories should be like this where the story isn't dragged out. I always knew that Umi was best bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waa bro, i really love the harem endings
    Thanks for the translations all this time~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great translation to such an interesting story. I'm looking forward to the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umi route to the end jjajjajaja

    thanks for all the novel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see. Because he was a rescue character, he couldn't make a girlfriend. He was just there to look after Tendou, but he didn't have a restriction to not get close to the heroines. So Ikuto could protect them and make them happy. And now that the Bad End is settle, his roll is over. And he is finally free to choose what he wanted. It was very awesome, a quadruplet confession! Harem Kings should do this. It was a nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, I'm really surprised it didn't come to blows. The whole time I was expecting Tendou to snap and throw a punch, but he never did. He just... stalked them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, this was way better than I expected, kept me entertained the whole time. It was a typical harem romance but the eerie NPC control situation kept that slight amount of edge that keeps you from getting bored and also with Volume 3 the backstories got way better so yeah, good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14