Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4C4


Thanks to Rain Missakara for donating! Sponsored chapter 2/5.

 

Volume 4, Chapter 4: At the End of this Path

 

Jimichi’s POV.

 

 

Thinking that it wasn't a good idea to have a conversation at the shoe lockers even though it was already unpopulated enough, we headed to the courtyard instead.

Tendou seemed like he didn't want me present, but the four of them objected to that, so I had to be here.

I was a few steps away from everyone, but in a position where I could see their expressions clearly. Their voices also weren't an issue from where I was.

 

"Everyone, what do you all think of Jimichi?"

 

This was the first thing Tendou mentioned. What was he going to do after he heard about that?

No one answered. Rather than not wanting to respond, it was more like they were thinking more appropriately about what to say.

Tendou, looking impatient that no one replied to him, appeared to be looking for someone to meet his eyes? He then made eye contact with Hanae.

Hanae, who couldn't keep silent with that, started slowly.

 

"...I like Ikuto-kun."

"Guh..."

 

As he inhaled sharply at Hanae's answer, he removed his gaze from her, as if escaping, and turned to Reika.

Reika, noticing that his gaze shifted to her, didn't make eye contact with Tendou, but stared at me as he answered his question.

 

"You can tell just by looking at me, that I like him."

"..."

 

Tendou's expression took a drastic change earlier when Hanae replied, but this time, it didn't at Reika's words.

I see, so that's what's going on... Mustuki-senpai and Airi stared at Tendou, looking like they knew what was happening.

 

"By the way, I like him, too."

"I-I like him as well!"

 

Airi rushed to speak after Mustuki-senpai began. Tendou looked at them as well, but their eyes never met.

When everyone had answered his question, Tendou spoke up again in a dispirited voice, as if spitting out.

 

"...Isn't it weird that everyone likes the same person..."

"I don't know about the others..."

"It's not weird, because it's Ikuto."

"It's miraculous even that only four of us were here right now."

"It can't be helped, he's too amazing."

"That's not it, why is it you four specifically?! I don't care if Jimichi is popular or not! Why were you guys involved with him in the first place?!"

 

Tendou's voice was getting more and more fierce. Each of the four reacted differently.

 

"Why, you say...it's because I fell in love with him..."

 

Hanae seemed a bit startled, perhaps not used to Tendou's loud voice.

 

"I don't know what you don't understand. My feelings have nothing to do with you."

 

There was no change from Reika. She stayed displeased the whole time, and there was a clear thorn in her voice.

 

"I-I don't know why Tendou-senpai is getting mad..."

 

Airi looked somewhat frightened and her gaze was wandering around.

 

"I don't think it's just us. The fact that the four of us here knew you...it should only be a coincidence."

 

Mustuki-senpai calmly approached the situation, but her voice was cold.

 

"How can it only be a coincidence...? What had Jimichi done to you?! In only just this short amount of time, isn't that crazy?!"

"Hm~m, maybe he really did a lot of things...to me, at least."

"If you put it that way, it's amazing how I was able to fall in love with in that amount of time."

"Does it have anything to do with the duration or something similar?"

"The reasons why you get to like someone is trivial."

 

I have a good reason for liking this person. But I didn't need time to fall in love with someone.

Everyone had their own way. They didn't need to have an exaggerated reaction to fall in love.

At the very least, it had nothing to do with other people. There was no reason to deny their feelings for someone else.

Tendou, unaware of this, finally stepped on a landmine.

 

"...Are those feelings even real? Aren’t you just being swindled?!"

""""...""""

"Right...even the people in class went crazy. It was like they were being brainwashed..."

""""...""""

"Maybe everyone here, too...? If so, you should wake up and think about it ――"

"―― Stop it already, Susumu-kun."

 

A very deep voice, unimaginable for the usual her, came out from Hanae.

Tendou froze at those words. Of the four, he knew her best, and that seemed to have had a considerable effect on him.

The other three seemed to share the same sentiments as Hanae, even though they didn't voice it out.

 

"H-Hanae...?"

"My feelings...don't deny them."

"That's because...no matter how much..."

"Sure enough, I like him to the point where I was even surprised myself. But those feelings aren’t created by someone else, nor are they fake."

 

The other thee followed up to Tendou, who seemed frightened by Hanae's words.

 

"When I realized it, I already like him. To be honest, I didn't even know when it started. But these feelings aren’t fake."

"Mine was more like love at first sight. But that was also something I thought on my own, a feeling that I made."

"Brainwashing, huh. I fell in love with him because of his words and actions, so maybe it was something similar...but that word is unpleasant."

 

Tendou was unable to respond to the three. He dropped his gaze to the ground and fell silent.

I wondered if the conversation was over now... Just as when that kind of atmosphere was about to drift in, Tendou let out a muffled voice while he still held his head low.

 

"...Am I not good enough...? Please come back..."

 

Some tilted their head in response, wondering what he was talking about.

Since he went this far, there wasn't a doubt anymore that Tendou held a liking for the four of them.

I didn't think there was anyone who was going to listen to his words at this point.

 

"..."

"...I feel bad, but it's impossible."

 

Some of them looked sad, while others were wondering what he was even talking about.

 

"Umm...like, as a manager?"

"...I'm not sure I understand."

 

To begin with, some had no clue what his words meant in the first place.

Whether he realized that or not, Tendou shouted out something that only made the situation worse.

 

"Anyone is fine! Just come back here! You've been with me this whole time, weren't you?! You've gotten close to me, haven’t you?!"

""""...""""

"It's all my fault! I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about something! That's why...someone..."

 

I didn't see how anyone would want to go back after seeing his talk that way.

 

―― Well, no matter what he said, things wouldn't go back the way they were.

He wasn't able to recognize the notices, he ignored the warnings, and he was finally sentenced.

The happy end route was closed, and he closed it himself.

No amount of racket now would change anything.

His path was set, and the road he was headed to was decided.

 

"Why...why isn't anyone coming back?!"




Choose which novel you would like me to translate here!


Comments

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14