Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4C3


Thanks to Rain Missakara for donating! Sponsored chapter 1/5.

 

Volume 4, Chapter 3: The Last Struggle

 

Tendou’s POV.

 

 

I want to talk, I said to them.

However, the reactions of the four when they heard me wasn't so favorable.

Hanae looked uncomfortable and looked at Jimichi for help.

Reika showed a clear rejection, turning her eyes away as if she was looking at nothing but hindrance.

Although it seemed like she acknowledged me, Shigure hid half of herself behind Jimichi, her eyes looking anxious.

Yukinaga-senpai wasn't interested and looked away as she played with her hair in a bored manner.

 

My words didn't reach them. Majority of them obviously didn't want to have a talk, and I could tell by their gazes and gestures.

We'll do what Jimichi decides to do. They had that look to them.

I told them that I was going to talk to them four, but they weren't even going to decide for themselves.

Everyone was waiting for a reaction from Jimichi.

 

"Is it not okay if I'm there?"

"...You didn't seem to even know what you did."

"What do you mean? What did I do?"

"..."

 

What did you do? You took them away from me and you were telling me you didn't know what you did?

I hated the expression on Jimichi's face, as if he truly didn't understand, and consequently, I couldn't help but put a lot of force into my gaze.

I knew the girls' image of me would worsen further if I did that, but I just wasn't able to hold myself back in front of this guy.

 

"What, are you trying to say you're everyone's boyfriend now?"

"No, I'm not their boyfriend."

"Then I don't have to talk to you. Why do they need your permission to talk?"

"...I didn't say anything, nor was I even asked. Of course, I won't hold them back."

 

Even if it wasn't said out loud, it was inevitable that they would include him.

I could see it. Why were they all centered around JImichi?

Wasn't this too abnormal? They weren't even in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, so why did it seem like they needed Jimichi's permission to talk?

 

"Besides, even if that was the case, isn't the way Tendou is behaving strange?"

"...Huh?"

"What are they to you? Why do you speak as if you could just so naturally go up and talk to them like that?"

"I-I've known these girls for a long time! Way longer than you!"

 

To be honest, I didn't even know how long Jimichi knew them for.

But Jimichi's name never came out of their mouths before. It was only recently that they mentioned it.

 

"And, what's your point?"

"...What'd you say?"

"Whether or not you knew them for a long time doesn't really matter, does it?"

"..."

"You might have built up relationships that you then took for granted, but didn't you tear those down?"

"Tear down..."

 

I had that feeling of something collapsing underneath my feet many times.

I took for granted the fact that they were always near me, beside me, and close to me.

Had I lost my footing and broke away from where I was?

No, that was not it, definitely not it! I was kicked down. He was standing where I once was.

The foundations that I built up didn't collapse, it was taken away.

Because wasn't that obvious? There was no way he could have built up a new base in such a short time!

 

"―― Well, it's all fine."

"...?"

"If you won't admit it, I'll make you."

"W-what are you trying to say..."

 

The air around Jimichi changed all of a sudden. When I saw this, the events that just occurred ran through my mind.

This guy's words and actions hadn't been making sense to me for a long time now. The first time I talked to him, I was seriously contemplating if he was crazed.

But then, it was after that. I never understood what he was saying, but I was made to understand by what had happened in front of me.

What was near me was somehow moving towards Jimichi. Before I knew it, they all were on the other side.

When there were changes related to me, this guy showed up and told me about it.

――― Everything, from mistakes, and whatever route he said was gone.

 

"What more...do you want from me?!"

"Nothing. I'm just going to make you realize the truth.”

 

What was he going to tell this time? What was he going to take away from me again?

Jimichi slightly raised the corners of his mouth. It was as if he was mocking me.

Stop, just stop it. At least this time, I shouldn't have made a mistake.

However, Jimichi said something different from what I was imagining.

 

"Why don't you try talking to him one last time?"

"If Ikuto-kun says so..."

"...Haa, got it."

"Stay near us, okay?"

"Let’s get this over quickly."

 

I thought that Jimichi was never going to permit them. Even if the girls said they would, I was convinced that he was going to stop them.

All he did until now was torment me, and any fond memories about him didn't exist.

And yet, this time, he acted in a way that benefited me.

Maybe he was planning something, but if he wasn't going to talk about it, then nothing would change, and things would only be to my advantage.

With just a few words, Jimichi reversed their intentions.

I didn't realize what that meant, and just moved to the courtyard to talk to everyone.

It wasn't going to be the same as last time, and this wouldn't be the end ――

 

 ――――●●●●●●●●――――

 ――――○○○○○○○○――――

 

"...How is it?"

"...I want to stop him."

"It's impossible to change the route at this point."

"Do we have any more options?"

"There is, but doesn't make any difference what you choose."

"Then don't make choose something that wouldn't even change anything..."

 

"....Was this no good after all?"

"I wish he got a bit involved with the story a bit more..."

"He's just a rescue character to begin with."

"Rescue? More like far from it."

"Originally, he was just a character that would tell the player, 'You've got it all wrong so far~', 'That route is gone~', 'You need to think a bit more~', or something like that."

"What an enigmatic character...and there's nothing really you could do about it, as no one could even mistake such simple choices."

"It was a generous design..."

"The rescue character shouldn't even exist. You'll know when you made the mistake. What about someone who could rewind the time instead?"

"That's...no good."

"Then I don't know what to tell you... I don't even get this. No redemption, no sex, and no people with abilities."

"I didn't even plan on getting cuckolded. But the original just wasn't interesting enough, so I made a lot of modifications to this route."

"...You secretly desire on getting cuckolded, do you?"

"T-that's not it!"




Choose which novel you would like me to translate here!


Comments

  1. So, I'm assuming those two at the end are two friends from the 'real' world, aka the world where the game (Tendou's story) was made. One of the two is the game developer, and the other one is his friend helping him test it out (beta-tester). The one that was speaking in italics at the end of some chapters is the developer.

    Jimichi Ikuto's role is presumably something akin to the game's hint that appear at the corner of your screen when you make a mistake. In the words of the developer in this chapter, he's a rescue character who was never involved in any other route except this one.

    To put it in a way, Jimichi Ikuto, the game hint, gained sentience (or rather a more physical form) to remind the player that their choices thus far have been too idiotic and to enact 'NTR' so that the player is more motivated to think over their choices. Hence, the reason the game developer guy said that "it was a generous design".

    Sorry for the long brain rot, but this is my theory/understanding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14