Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4C2


Volume 4, Chapter 2: The Waiting Demon King

 

 

"It's finally over! It went perfectly!"

 

Hanae came running out of the classroom after she completed her make-up exams.

True to her expression and words, she was able to finish the test without any problems.

 

"Good, good."

"Yeah! But you know...why are you wall-slamming Reika-chan?!"

 

Currently, I had Reika pinned against the wall. Reika, the recipient of this wall-slam, had her eyes darting around with her face bright red, not registering any of Hanae's words.

A competition began among the girls because they got bored while waiting for Hanae.

The winner would receive an exceptional reward, which was a chance to do whatever they wanted with Jimichi Ikuto.

As of now, all they asked for was some cute requests, but I wasn't that worried that I was going to get asked something ridiculous one day.

 

"Senpai! Me next!"

"'Hm~, then Hanae too, who just arrived, and that should be the last one."

"W-wait! That's unfair, you can't just include her in."

"―― I'd like Senpai to carry me like a princess!"

"Okay, okay...hup."

"D-don't ignore me!"

 

I placed my hands on Airi's back and behind her knees, and lifted her up. She was as light as you'd expect.

I could do this for hours. She was small, but she was soft and wonderful in many ways.

 

"Uu...this is bad...ah, this might have been a bit too much."

"What's bad about this? Airi was the one who asked me do this, right?"

"B-because...y-your face...it's too cool..."

"Too cool?"

 

Airi started flailing, so I put her down.

Next to her, was Mutsuki-senpai, staring at me with her hand on her cheek as she mumbled something.

 

"...What is Senpai muttering about?"

"...Eh? Ah, it seemed that Ikuto-senpai's love whispers she requested for earlier had quite an effect."

"Stop...no, don't stop, but that's no good...what are you going to do to me? I don't care anymore..."

 

Mutsuki-senpai, staring into the void with a bright red tint to her face, was frequently lapsing back and forth into her dream world.

Although she had the image of being the most dignified and most serious of all, she was probably the shyest and the most that daydreamed among the four.

 

"Ikuto-kun, I want a treat, too..."

"You did good, Hanae."

"...That's it? Only a head pat?"

"I'm scared of the other three's gazes, so we'll do this later."

 

Getting a reward without participating in the battle, how presumptuous... The three, who had snapped back from their imaginations, had that look on their faces.

I thought that Hanae's make-up exam was considered enough of a battle itself, but it seemed that personal struggles were different from competing with others.

 

"Eh~, I want something, too."

"Don't beg, just win and you can request something as well."

"W-who should I fight with to win?"

"Those three."

 

Hanae flinched when she saw the three fierce-looking girls with atmosphere of wanting to win for themselves.

These girls overcame the mental torture of being defeated when they saw the reward being taken advantage of in front of them.

It was like a recruit fighting against veterans. Now, how was this recruit going to fight?!

 

"I won't lose."

"""Bring it on."""

"No, can we just go home?"

 

When the reward instead ignored the soldiers and started to head home, they panicked and hurriedly caught up.

These girls, who wouldn't really start fight without a reward, seemed human for now.

Then, they found a new battlefield instead over who gets to link up arms with me.

 

――――

――

 

"―― I've been waiting for you."

 

When we arrived at the shoe lockers, empty of people, I found a guy who said something like he was some kind of demon king.

I didn't have any idea why he’d say something like that, so I asked the four who were having a rock-paper-scissors competition on the side.

 

"...Did any of you promise to meet him?"

"It wasn't me."

"Not me as well."

"I didn't."

"I haven't talked to him in a while."

 

Apparently, no one did.

There were no signs that any of them were lying. In other words, this guy was one-sidedly waiting.

Did he want to see someone in particular? If you thought about it, it would normally be Hanae, who just finished her follow-up exam.

I made eye contact with my classmate Tendou Susumu, seemingly looking like he made up his mind about something.

 

"Tendou, who were you waiting for?"

"...I want to talk."

"Like I said, with who?"

"All of them."

 

I thought it was just Hanae, but to my surprise, he actually meant everyone.

Speaking of which, I didn’t see Hanae nor Reika talking to Tendou recently. I didn't know what happened, but Reika had an atmosphere to her that seemed like she was avoiding him.

And what kind of relationship did he have with Airi and Mustuki-senpai? Friends? But I never saw them meet on good terms.

I didn't particularly mind if he wanted to have a conversation or not, but it was up to the girls if they wanted to.

 

"Jimichi, you can go away yourself."

"So, by everyone, you meant except me..."

 

It seems that he wanted to exclude me. If so, then this was a different story.

When I turned to check what they intended to do, each of the girls had a different expression on their faces.

 

"Um, what should we do..."

"I don't want to."

"I was hoping Ikuto-senpai is going to be there."

"I'm not looking forward to it."

 

Hanae was undecided, and Reika clearly didn't want to. Airi wanted me there as an assurance, and Mutsuki-senpai wasn't too interested.

Reika was the only one who said it out loud, but everyone else also seemed like they didn't want to have a talk.

But he must have been waiting for a long time. I felt a bit sorry for him.

 

―― And, the fact that he was here meant that he made his choice.

Mistakes even at the very last moment... Did he really want to continue making mistakes, or rather, these bad decisions until the bitter end?

 

"...Tendou, are you choosing to go down this path?"

"..."

"...I see."

 

Then I guess I should play my part for the last time, too.




Choose which novel you would like me to translate here!


Comments

  1. Wow thanks your translations are too good i hope you keep taking projects after this
    On another note this was a tale of a man and how can he keep goung down

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14