Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V4C1


Thanks to Vilidious for donating! Sponsored chapter 7/7.

 

Volume 4, Chapter 1: Deciding on a Route

 

Tendou’s POV.

 

 

―― Today was the last day of school.

I attended the closing ceremony in the school gymnasium and listened absentmindedly to the principal's speech.

A lot had happened during this first semester. There had been various changes as well.

Summer break was starting tomorrow. Looking around, I could see students filled with anticipation.

 

A bit farther away, I could spot a cute kouhai and an elegant senpai.

Next to them was also my once fashionable classmate, as well as a childhood friend I had been with for a long time.

They were smiling as they listened to the speeches, and I wondered what was even funny.

Rather than about the principal, it was more likely that they were thinking of summer vacation as well.

 

I thought about who to spend my summer vacation with, and how should I go about it ――

 

―― Spend the time alone

 

...What choice did I even have other than to play with my friends.

That was the only thing I could think of. It was all but the one thing I could choose.

 

Even if I wanted to go to the club, Shigure wouldn’t be there, and even if I wanted to go to school, I wouldn't even get to see Yukinaga-senpai.

I couldn't hang out with Reika, and Hanae stopped coming over.

The situation was heaven and earth compared to how it was back at the opening ceremony a few months ago. At the time, I had no idea the situation would turn out like this.

 

What was I even doing all this time?

Before I knew it, the girls around me had gotten acquainted with Jimichi, and during that period, I was mired in misunderstandings, and ultimately had my heart broken.

 

Was I the one to blame? Was it all my fault?

At that time, then during that, as well as that, that, and that...was it all because of my choices?

If I had thought about my decisions a bit more, I wondered if I could have opened a different path.

 

―― After the closing ceremony, we returned to our classrooms.

Our homeroom teacher, Yokotani-sensei, summarized what happened during this first semester and talked about precautions to take during summer vacation.

No one seemed to be listening seriously. They wanted this to be over already, and it was evident from their gazes and attitude.

 

"―― And so, you guys go enjoy your summer break!"

 

My classmates burst into a frenzy at those words.

Some ran out of classroom, some ran to their friends, and some even crashed into the opposite sex.

Students also streamed in from other classes. Everyone had a glimmer in their eyes, as if they were enjoying themselves.

I just observed from the corner. No one went to me.

 

"Ikuto-kun, you'll wait for me to finish, right?"

"Hey Hanae, are you sure you’re going to be fine?"

"I-I'll be fine."

"Are you really..."

 

Hanae and Reika approached Jimichi Ikuto as soon as everything finished.

The person the two said they liked...no, I didn't hear who it was specifically, so I should stop thinking about it.

 

"I-I'll do my best..."

"If you fail this make-up exam, you won't be able to play around during summer vacation, you know?"

"Uu...don't pressure me."

"Sea, pools, barbecues, fireworks, summer festival."

"S-stop it..."

"Since it's Ikuto, I wonder if he has a vacation home or something~."

 

Those girls happily discussed they plans for summer break.

I could have been at Jimichi's position, so why was I even alone here now.

 

"Hello."

"E-excuse me..."

 

Two new people came inside the classroom.

My classmates who remained here had their mouths open in surprise, but when they saw where the two were headed, they nodded with a convinced look.

At the end of their destination was that guy.

 

"What time should we meet today?"

"It should be after Hanae-senpai's make-up exams, right?"

"Exams...are you going to be okay? I don't want this to turn into a consolation party."

"Please don't say something so ominous..."

 

I wondered how long had they known each other, and before I knew it, the four of them were engaged in a conversation as it was only natural.

I didn't know what they talked about, but it was clear that they seemed to be enjoying themselves, including the two who arrived a bit later.

 

"Mutsuki-senpai. Are you going to take summer classes?"

"I don't need it. It doesn't matter to me if I attend those or not."

"So, you're going to be with us all summer break~...ahaha, a nuisance~."

"Did you say something?"

"No, it's nothing~."

 

In the middle of those four was Jimichi, and they occasionally sent him heated glances.

If something had gone a bit different, would that have been me there? Would I have been the target of those eyes?

Everyone that was close to me had gone there.

It was all because I made those mistakes ――

 

"―― Susumu, wanna go home?"

"...Umi."

 

As I thought and reflected about a lot of things, my friend Umi came to me.

I had been with him for a long time now. I knew he cared about me in his own way.

 

"...I..."

"Ah~...right, Susumu. Why don't you try going to a mixer with girls from another school? There's a guy who's been bugging me about it."

"A mixer...? Isn't that something outdated by now?"

"Don't worry about it! So, are you going?"

 

Was Umi finally going to look for a girlfriend?

Somehow, I didn't think he was. Umi must have been thinking of me when he suggested that.

 

"You can't be hung up forever."

"Hung up..."

"It's fine to give up on them, you know? There are still plenty of girls out there."

"..."

 

Umi should have probably seen me looking at the four of them, who were still attached to Jimichi.

It was clear what those four felt. If I recall correctly, I heard that Jimichi became popular after his image change, but he only had four around him.

Perhaps because they saw the expression of those four, the other girls in the classroom were just staring at him at a distance, no intentions of approaching.

Many sent looks of envy, but none of them had a look that they didn't seem interested.

 

"Come on, make your choice."

"...Choice, huh."

"Let's bump shoulders and head home~?"

"..."

 

At this point, this might be my only option.

Should I just forget about everyone and see other people, just like Umi said?

 

Was there really no path to them anymore, and should I give up?

 

―― Don't give up

 

Other routes? I couldn't possibly.

 

Why did this happen, and who was to blame?

 

―― Blame Jimichi

 

Right, it was all because of him.

 

Did I still have a chance, and should I act on it?

 

―― Do something

 

I would figure out what to do.

 

"...Haa, are you sure you want to go down that path?"

"I can't just let it end like this."

"...I see. Well, I'll go pick up your remains after this."

 

I wasn't going to give up.

I was definitely getting those girls back and show them ――

 

――――――――

――――

――

Back alley

――

――――

――――――――

 

――――●●●●●●●●――――

――――○○○○○○○○――――

 

"―― This, so you got here?"

"Yeah."

"What were you even thinking?"

"Eh?! Was it no good?!"

"Who would even go down this route?"

"But it's novel, isn't it? The main character takes over from here, you know?"

"I can't relate... Why do I even have to watch the situation after he got cuckolded?"

"...You don't like it?"

"I don't. Cuckolded harem isn't my thing. That only appeals to some people."

"B-but I'm sure he must be doing something behind the scenes!"

"Like I keep telling you! Why can't we even see it then!"

"I even stayed up all night to fix the bug..."

"What was the bug in the first place?"

"I don't know, but he freezes up at certain moments."

"Huh? What scenes?"

"Every time there's a choice. When I try to pick something, it freezes."

"..."

"Maybe he didn't have a choice~."

"Idiot, that's just a programming error."

"Don't be so blunt..."

"...Well, I'll continue for the time being."

"Yeah, yeah. Because it's that harem you like."




Finally done with the sponsored chapters. I'll rest for now, so next update is on Sunday. o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

There's only 5 more chapters left until the end, excluding the extras (there are around 6 extra chapters). Happy to have translated this novel! 

Did you like my translation? If so, then please support me over on Ko-fi if you can! (ノ*ФωФ)ノ

Also, I'm starting a new series soon, so check out this post here!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. 100%, or he's just a designated meta commentary in the game.

      Delete
  2. Maybe this is all a simulation of some sort? so rather than a straight up game, these "people" that are talking about bugs and stuff have just set parameters or a setting with characters and are just watching things play out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Why do I hear the doki doki literature club music while reading this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your hard work
    I hope you pick up another novel after finish this~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your hard work.. thats a great translate.👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I really appreciate you for translating this novel. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Umi some kind of assistant for the player? No, at least he wasn't before. Otherwise, he wouldn't have supported the choice that make Airi quit the club. Any way, who are those 2 at the end? Why that idiot pushed Tendou to the Bad End? And why is that other idiot calling it a cuckolded harem!? Those girls choiced Ikuto because Tendou couldn't make them fall for him, so it's not cuckoldry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umi saying that he'll pick up Tendou's remains is hilarious. Seeing that Umi can be translated into sea, and that there's a custom of scattering a deceased's ashes (remains) to the sea, it's so apt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There still Umi's route if you interested

    ReplyDelete
  10. So even the player didn't want to make all those bad choices and could only watch, so maybe it really was Tendou the whole time, or maybe the game itself has a bug ti forces the bad end route. If Umi is a NPC he's the best friends you can have, if not then he must be part of the game

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Remember to refrain from profanities, or if you really can't help it, do try to censor some of the letters. Please keep the comment section civil and be respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1 Prologue

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V1C1

Welcome, to the Bad End Route - V3C14